Star & Garter tonight...

• Thread starter The ghost of troubled Mr. Smith
  • Start date
T

The ghost of troubled Mr. Smith

Is anybody venturing there this evening?
I'm coming from the beautifully rainy city of Dublin to the slightly bigger, beautiful and rainy city of Manchester tonight and I'm wondering if I was to arrive at around midnight do you think I may be left outside to let my hair wax coagulate and clump in the rain due to the volume of quiffs already inside?

My hair products are very cheap so its quite important I know...

Thank you

You'd want to get there before 9, as it gets packed quickly and is a small enough little kip. Don't converse with ANYBODY once you get inside, unless they have accompanied you. Bloody rain. The John Smith's is quite pleasant.

> You'd want to get there before 9, as it gets packed quickly and is a small
> enough little kip. Don't converse with ANYBODY once you get inside, unless
> they have accompanied you. Bloody rain. The John Smith's is quite
> pleasant.

Hmmmm I have been warned already but that does sound slightly prison-esque.

Excuse my gaelic ignorance but I'm assuming John Smiths is some other kind of Morrissey related drinking emporium?

> Hmmmm I have been warned already but that does sound slightly
> prison-esque.

> Excuse my gaelic ignorance but I'm assuming John Smiths is some other kind
> of Morrissey related drinking emporium?

9 o' clock may be a tad early to queue in the rain.
There's a pub just up the road, opposite the train stn, taxi rank, called The Black Bull, in which a few people imbibe pre-S&G refreshments and then wander casually down to the S&G around 9:20.
I will be there, accompanied by my delightful other half, so if you want to say hello, and try to sell us a sprig of lucky heather, please feel free.
(btw 'John Smiths' is a revolting 'Bitter' mostly consumed by inbred halfwits)

John Smith's is a type of ale. Quite palatable. Tell the tranny I said hello. Don't dance on the stage. Avoid the brassers nearby.

> 9 o' clock may be a tad early to queue in the rain.
> There's a pub just up the road, opposite the train stn, taxi rank, called
> The Black Bull, in which a few people imbibe pre-S&G refreshments and then
> wander casually down to the S&G around 9:20.
> I will be there, accompanied by my delightful other half, so if you want
> to say hello, and try to sell us a sprig of lucky heather, please feel
> free.
> (btw 'John Smiths' is a revolting 'Bitter' mostly consumed by inbred
> halfwits)

That sounds perfect for me (the 'John Smiths')

I'm afraid I wont be arriving until nearer to midnight, I am flying very economy so it was the only possible option.

I will be easy to recognise, I'll be wearing a green suit, small beard...I'll be accompanied by the end of a rainbow and will try pay for all my drinks from a pot of gold.

So by all means if you see a leprechaun with no sense of 'boogie' at all answering to the name Mr. Smith do feel free to say hello.

Domestos salad, my unfortunate sister will be remaining in my lovely home town and unfortunately will not be able to make it trough the rain though.

> Is anybody venturing there this evening?

*** I'll make it to one these soon! I did go to many a Smiths nights in the late 80's & early 90's, but real life got in the way ever since!

Are they worth attending? Any sexy lady Morrissey fans/goth-tarts go?? etc

/tangent - I remember when students were real students, wearing black levi jeans, black T-shirts, black cardigans and black Dr Martens & they actually cared. Where did it all go wrong?

*sigh*

George

A Working Class Production

This 'book' of yours.......... I'm also not writing one.

> This 'book' of yours.......... I'm also not writing one.

*** Heh...Oh, Good for you, as I am, so there's no also about it chuck! Some of us work full time you see!

G

Back
Top Bottom