Stavanger, Norway - Konserthus (Aug. 8, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Meat Is Murder / It’s Hard To Walk Tall When You’re Small / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / All You Need Is Me / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Let Me Kiss You / Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by an anonymous person, NealCassidy.

• Photo from mozz.a / Instagram:

38925_stavanger.jpg

Last edited:
Jesus, dont be so insecure that you cant deal with Moz not selling a out a non tiny venue.

So f***ing what if he puts on or loses weight. We all do. If he's fat and wants to take his shirt off on stage, go ahead. It's his gig. No one is forcing all you body-shaming, setlist-bashing tits to go.
:thumb::clap:
Doesn't everybody want to be skinny? There are things beyond control. Just go with it, there are more important things in life than the size of your pants.

It's definitely true for quarry and ringleader tracks. He opened the tours with them. I can't remember with the other two.

The claim from the poster I was replying to was, in essence, "all new/different songs to a particular tour are played on Night 1."

That is a 1000% false statement.

Finally, the truth: NOT sold out.
everyone was beating around the bush, it being a monday, norwegians dont like to clap, the venue was not tiny enough, but at last we know: not sold out.

Finally the news you've been waiting for! You'll have plenty of material to masturbate over now

QUOTE="Anonymous, post: 1986970124"]Finally, the truth: NOT sold out.
everyone was beating around the bush, it being a monday, norwegians dont like to clap, the venue was not tiny enough, but at last we know: not sold out.[/QUOTE]

There are more intelligent things to talk about besides crowd size, his shirts, Jesse's pedal...etc. I don't think Morrissey cares that much anymore at all about insults from solow, he is probably bored with how unimaginative people are here. How can he actually get offended by people that talk about crowd size for two days?????

QUOTE="Anonymous, post: 1986970124"]Finally, the truth: NOT sold out.
everyone was beating around the bush, it being a monday, norwegians dont like to clap, the venue was not tiny enough, but at last we know: not sold out.

There are more intelligent things to talk about besides crowd size, his shirts, Jesse's pedal...etc. I don't think Morrissey cares that much anymore at all about insults from solow, he is probably bored with how unimaginative people are here. How can he actually get offended by people that talk about crowd size for two days?????
[/QUOTE]

there you go, right in the photo, a HUGE empty spot.

I'm sure that you are making some sort of point here, but after reading your garbled ramblings three times, I'm no clearer as to what it is...I think you are expressing concern about how many copies of an old DVD Morrissey sold? Are you his accountant?
Stating the bleeding obvious to me, Garbled ramblings to you.
Why the anonymity? Are you shy?

Oooh, but let's appreciate how the local Stavanger councilman writes "I kveld fikk vi oppleve stor kunst!" ("Tonight we got to experience great art!") :hearteyes:

Love Norway, love Scandinavia (both the song and the place), and most of all I love Moz! Couldn't see the Stavanger show so thanks everyone for posting pics and clips. I did go to the show in Bergen and GOD is his voice in a good place at the moment!

20160808_211411 (2) (800x600).jpg
Just returned from a lovely visit to Norway. I love seeing Morrissey in far off places, i.e. places I have never been before. Bergen and Stavanger were both great, only very wet and cold. Both concerts were great too, was very happy to see Morrissey again. He sounded and looked great, highligth was It's hard to walk tall when your small, that was so beautiful. Also loved Jack the Ripper, I don't recall having heard it live before myself. The only disappointing thing was that I was hoping for a few new songs, but otherwise setlist was good.

Finally, the truth: NOT sold out.

Well, that's your month in order. detective Anonymous.

This is the funniest website I visit.

Jesse Tobias struggled with tecnical problems during Istanbul, so what we got was kind of the stripped version of that song. I never liked Istanbul that much, neither on record or live, so it was not a highlight.

Oboe has a good function in the set as it slowed everything down a bit ather What She Said.

What made an impression on me was how different the set was from Bergen, although only one song-change in the setlist. Moz seemed more relaxed and happy. It was definitly not one of those night where you think that he is just going through the motions.

I was a bit disappointed with the Stavanger crowd. Very little chanting, very few hands in the air. No pushing and no pressure on the front rows. Have seen him in England a couple of times, and the atmosphere there has been so much more intense.

Ganglord was superb both in Bergen and Stavanger, with the video of policeviolence running in the back.

Also liked that he name-dropped the actors in the norwegian movie "Fritt Vilt" (Cold Prey in English)
Should have given him a dvd of the norwegian movie "Oslo, 31 august" by Joachim Trier, as I suspect he would have liked even better.

As the outside of Stavanger is packed with dairy farms, I found the the video of Meat Is Murder, very fitting!

Indeed as every visit made by Morrissey to Norway prior to last year would have seen him stuffing his face with Cheese backstage.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom