Strangeways Rough Trade poster...

bigmouthxxx

i found a Strangeways Here We Come poster leaning up against a trash pile in a frame. i took it out and brought it home.
it looks like it could be an original poster....any information on this?

i found a Strangeways Here We Come poster leaning up against a trash pile in a frame. i took it out and brought it home.

Send it to me and I'll tell you...:D

Peter

P.S A pic could be helpful

Photo12.jpg

What size is it and what does it look like?

Many Smiths releases were promoted using 12"x24" posters - often folded in half and inserted inside a record sleeve, sometimes roled inside a tube and posted to record shops.

Some people collect them (me included).

The Strangeways one isn't particularly rare - worth anywhere between £20 and £60 depending on how lucky you are. But the credit crunch is playing all sorts of havoc with prices (In my opinion, at least).

You can see an example here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=140259621399&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Some promo posters were made that were huge. More like 60"x36" - to be honest I think these are less collectable (who has the wall space?) but some people do - there's an example here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-SMITHS-ST...ryZ72439QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Of course, there will be loads of other, mass produced posters as well that are only worth a few quid.

Ultimately, what matters is that you like it and stick it on a wall, framed or not, and enjoy it :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i definitely enjoy it. the fact that i was wearing a moz shirt and walked around the corner to get a drink and saw it leaning up against a trash pile facing me was too perfect.

i'm just looking for some information on my find, as i'm probably not willing to part with it

Back
Top Bottom