Morrissey Central "Strictly Come Dancing" (December 9, 2023)

Last edited by a moderator:
The very kind of show that Morrissey makes no secret of mocking and despising yet soon changes his tune when one of his own, er, tunes is featured. I reckon he'd appear on Britain's Got Talent as a judge if asked.
Morrissey will have had no say in the matter. The BBC will have contacted the record label to seek permission to use the track.
Morrissey & Marr will, of course, receive an early Xmas bonus as a result though.

Was watching this last night cos me other half loves it, not my cup of tea (honest), and i went out for a cider and a smoke just as they did this and bloody missed it.
And yes Gordy the real songs would be better, the band remind me a bit of the old Top of the Pops house band in the 70's, who murdered everything they played.
But its the way the dancers all jump around screeching and crying every 5 minutes that grates with me, but yes, shes just lost her husband and genuinely had no dance skills beforehand so good luck to her.
with you on not being a fan,its junk that has been recycled from the 70s come dancing,i watched an old episode a few weeks ago,it was just pro dancers from different regions.
we now live in a time where somebody who used to be on tv almost get a second chance at fame,vernon kayes career was in the toilet but he eats a camels dick and he has a nice wee slot on radio 2 again.

with you on not being a fan,its junk that has been recycled from the 70s come dancing,i watched an old episode a few weeks ago,it was just pro dancers from different regions.
we now live in a time where somebody who used to be on tv almost get a second chance at fame,vernon kayes career was in the toilet but he eats a camels dick and he has a nice wee slot on radio 2 again.
Camels dick, Gordy you make me laugh mate. When i was a kid me mum and dad used to watch come dancing and when they were dancing turn the sound off cos it looked bloody funny with no music.

Strictly come dancing is the biggest pile of shite on UK television.
It’s just a knocking shop for third rate celebs.

Strictly come dancing is the biggest pile of shite on UK television.
It’s just a knocking shop for third rate celebs.
well said baz,biggest pile of dung,and they want to bung another £10.50 on it next year,at least dick turpin wore a mask.

The very kind of show that Morrissey makes no secret of mocking and despising yet soon changes his tune when one of his own, er, tunes is featured. I reckon he'd appear on Britain's Got Talent as a judge if asked.
Remember the 2004 Jonathan Ross interview "Did you see Stars in Their Eyes"? "No, why would I be watching Stars in Their Eyes?", then they played him Harry Hill doing This Charming Man, which he said he hadn't seen. I'm too lazy to go and look for it, but I have a fandom book somewhere that shows a supposed message from Morrissey wishing him luck. But there's nothing wrong with any of that, and it keeps Smiths songs on the radar. I would still love to see him on "Who's Behind the Mask?. I think he could sing in a variety of styles and wow a new audience. I bet he could even do opera songs if he wanted.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom