Surely it can't just be me who thinks 'In Rainbows' is shit?

Emotional Guide Dog

Chairman Of The Bored
I've had the new Radiohead album for a while now & I really can't believe it's had universally glowing reviews. It sucks!

After Hail To The Thief, I thought Radiohead had finally decided to write music again instead of intellectual exercises.

There's no tunes on it & the one's there are are repetetive. I also remember a time when Thom Yorke used to sing like a normal person. What happened to that?

Is there anyone out there who doesn't likethis album?

Really? Personally, I thought it was much more "song based" than anything they've done since OK Computer. It finally settled to being my second-favorite RH release (Amnesiac holds a special place in my heart). It was over-hyped to be sure, but I've come to expect that from RH releases. Some reviewer couldn't stop calling Radiohead the new U2 after HTTT came out and that made me grimace somewhat.

I'll agree with you about Thom's voice though. I still enjoy Pablo Honey and The Bends quite a bit, due in no small part to Thom's lovely "normal" singing voice.

I think their last few records, since Amnesiac, are their best.

I thought it was just me who was missing something. I think they are okay...too hyped up and I've never understood why. Of course, I prefer Coldplay :o *ducks* so what do I know :p

I agree they are overhyped and I think they were better with real songs but I still own all their records. In rainbows I really honestly enjoyed. They've done better and worse. And they did cover headmaster ritual!!!

It's not as bad a Hail To The Thief, I don't mind it. But I hardly ever listen to Radiohead nowadays and when I think about my teenage years, well, I was really depressed to listen to such music...

I still love Radiohead, and I think In Rainbows is really good. I like it better than HTTT anyways. I just wish that they recorded Nude like it sounded when they have played it live over the last 10 or so years. It has been one of my favorite songs for years and years, and It really drives me crazy!:angry:

I have been listening to this a lot lately. Overall, I'm not crazy about the album, but I really do love Jigsaw Falling Into Place.

Radiohead is one of the most over rated,hyped up,over talked about bands in the history of music.

lets make some weird noises and add them to the poorly written songs.

well,the bends was good.and they have had a few good songs since then,and maybe its cuz my ex dates a huge radiohead fan,haha,who knows.

i won tix to see them this august,like 5th row,i am gonna go,i got an extra ticket,i am thinking i should find a date for it,girls seem to like radiohead.

:rolleyes::D

^^OMG, go!!! 5th row, I would have died if I saw them that close. I saw them live exactly a month ago and they were AMAZING!!!. I don't care what anyone says I love Radiohead and their music means alot to me. I personally think "In Rainbows" is amazing. At first I didn't enjoy it as much but after really listening to it, like non stop, I fell completely in love with it and after hearing all of the songs live (except Jigsaw) I liked it even more. It feels like a cohesive album to me, whereas, Hail To The Thief and Amnesiac doesn't. I love the last 2 albums, as I am currently obessed with Thief, but they don't flow like In Rainbows. But I understand why people don't like Radiohead.

Reckoner...so beautiful, so beautiful.

Radiohead is one of the most over rated,hyped up,over talked about bands in the history of music.

lets make some weird noises and add them to the poorly written songs.

well,the bends was good.and they have had a few good songs since then,and maybe its cuz my ex dates a huge radiohead fan,haha,who knows.

i won tix to see them this august,like 5th row,i am gonna go,i got an extra ticket,i am thinking i should find a date for it,girls seem to like radiohead.

:rolleyes::D

ur a jerk and do not deserve such an awesome ticket.

post210923661188tp.gif

sucks.gif

:angry::gun:

Coiff (Radiohead fan).

what he said.

In Rainbows is Radiohead playing safe for once, hence i think of it as probably the worst album apart from Pablo Honey.
Doesn't mean its bad though, its still a great album, but it didn't have nearly any of the impact that the previous albums did on me.

Back
Top Bottom