T-Pain plays Morrissey in shot for shot remake of "Stop Me…" video

T-Pain Plays Morrissey in Classixx’s Remake of the Smiths’ “Stop Me” Video: Watch - Pitchfork
“Whatever I Want” is a shot-for-shot update of the Smiths’ visual

Classixx have shared the video for their Faraway Reach song with T-PainWhatever I Want.” It is a shot-for-shot remake of the Smiths’ 1987 video for “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before.” It features T-Pain as Morrissey, leading a group of people on bicycles, brooding, rubbing his head, and looking off into the distance–just like Moz. There are even updated denim jackets that say “CLASSIXX” instead of “THE SMITHS.” Watch the “Whatever I Want” video, directed by Daniel Pappas on a GoPro camera, below (via The Fader), and scroll down to see how it lines up with the Smiths’ video.

In an email to The Fader, Pappas compared T-Pain and Morrissey:

The video was inspired by the song’s attitude towards doing ‘whatever I want,’ T-Pain’s well chronicled struggle with depression, the shared sadness of Smiths fans, and how, through all of the depression and sadness, when you look like Morrissey in whatever way you can, everything is going to be okay.

38702_ff1b3e29.jpg

UPDATE May 24:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Classixx video, featuring T-Pain - true-to-you.net

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pretty faithful copy of the video. Well done. The song is dreadful though. I have respect for that older fan in the video. That's dedication for you.

Its spot on and true to the original video, the song is great too.

Although I'm not too big on those robot-vocoder vocals, I rate the effort. Great video, song OK, and what a difference sunny weather makes... ;)

Didn't hear any song or is this called "music" nowadays? Terrible ...

The poorness of temporary "music" is even more obvious because the original song plays in the head while watching this video.

Interesting and not too painful to watch.
Unfortunately, due to its overuse by people that can't sing, it's hard to tell if the robot/autotune is for effect or to hide a poor voice these days.
Alluding to the usual Smiths/depression thing is a bit tired, but a nice visual tribute all the same.
Regards,
FWD

Nice video Daniel Pappas . Without going to England, you still covered all the elements in The Smiths video . T-Pain does a great job in keeping/playing the role of Moz in this song . Fun to watch both at the same time and catch all the same actions .

Wonderful! Love is in the air. :love:

T-Pain, what a lovely and talented person you are. :clap:

AztecCamera, the Emperor of Trolls, rated this comment as "troll"? The world is crazy. Anyway, I love the video, the song and T-Pain. AztecCamera, troll me again, I can't care less for your stupid and coward opinions.

A bunch of nerds posing as a bunch of nerds. The only one (apart from Moz) who looks good in the original video is the girl from Everyday Is Like Sunday video (Lucette Henderson).

Interesting and not too painful to watch.
Unfortunately, due to its overuse by people that can't sing, it's hard to tell if the robot/autotune is for effect or to hide a poor voice these days.
Alluding to the usual Smiths/depression thing is a bit tired, but a nice visual tribute all the same.
Regards,
FWD
It seems like his gimmick. I'm not a fan of his music, but was curious a while ago if he could sing or not, and looked it up. Turns out he can! I'm baffled why he uses the robot voice.

Back
Top Bottom