The best band you have ever seen live

Musley

wild and free
Following the thread about the worst bands, lets have one about the best. Not counting The Smiths or Morrissey obviously.
Over the years I have seen countless bands but the best for me would have to be The Stranglers and it was only 2 years ago in Sheffield. They absolutely rocked, brilliant!!!

not counting Moz? Radiohead, easy. after that, close second is Bright Eyes. cuz Conor gets all retarded drunk and sings the songs like it was his last day on earth. im sure lightupvirgin whatsherface can vouch for me on that one.

The Cramps (in the '80s); raw, anarchic, without mercy.

Lux Interior never gets enough credit for being one of pop music's truly great shamans.

Bright Eyes. cuz Conor gets all retarded drunk and sings the songs like it was his last day on earth.

Conor really does seem like he's going to burst into flame, or collapse, or break down in tears, or knock someone's teeth out. He's operatically tragic, somehow. He's also a great band leader.

Luna,hands down for me,they always put on a great show,best show I ever went to though was a guided by voices show in boston in I think 1994,the singer robert pollard had a drink in one hand and the mic in the other the whole show.

But over all I would have to say luna,I miss them greatly.

Definitely Pulp, I saw them at this free festival just as they were getting big and it was like Jarvis had come down from space.

Wow, many... Bruce Springsteen back in '02 probably. But then again there's so many concerts I've been to I can hardly remember anymore. Damn, I've grown old:(.

not counting Moz? Radiohead, easy. after that, close second is Bright Eyes. cuz Conor gets all retarded drunk and sings the songs like it was his last day on earth. im sure lightupvirgin whatsherface can vouch for me on that one.

He's good but when he plays The Calendar Hung Itself he's amongst the best.

:)

I actually didn't like Bright Eyes when I saw them(him) a few years ago. Almost nothing from Fevers And Mirrors which is my favourite. I really wanted a live When The Curious Girl Realizes She Is Under Glass or Sunrise, Sunset. Hell, he wasn't even drunk! But Feist opened and she was amazing.

A few of the best live bands I've ever seen are Stars and Arcade Fire. Some people that always put on a great show are Wilco, Death Cab, and Saves The Day. Always a good time to be had when those bands are playing.

Following the thread about the worst bands, lets have one about the best. Not counting The Smiths or Morrissey obviously.
Over the years I have seen countless bands but the best for me would have to be The Stranglers and it was only 2 years ago in Sheffield. They absolutely rocked, brilliant!!!
oooooooooooooohhhhhhhh, so many!

Depeche Mode
Hundred Reasons
Frank turner
New Model Army
Levellers

My mum took me to see Kiss when I was 7.

Still my #1 all time favorite gig.

:guitar:

kiss-band.jpg

In no particular order:

U2
KISS
Radiohead
Morrissey
Train
Tom Petty
Bob Dylan

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.

Duran Duran.Can't beat a bit of The Wild Boys and Girls on Film.

English : Sworn In - Because seeing them was like seeing something very special with many people who felt the same, Shame they self imploded
Non English :American Nightmare/Give Up The Ghost - 2002 - actually opened my eyes to hardcore punk.

Radiohead were immense in Aberdeen in 2002, i had high expectations from them and they delivered big style with their musical cock and balls.

Manic Street Preachers in 2002, Greatest Hits Tour (no it wasn't a short set you cynical bastards...:p) at the SECC in Glasgow - supported by Ian Brown. I danced like a screaming schoolgirl who's got a killer bees nest in her ass.

*deep breath* Duran Duran in Glasgow 2004, first reunion tour with the original members. I cried like a man who's just woken up and scratched his balls only to discover that some evil entity had replaced them with furry dice.

Radiohead were immense in Aberdeen in 2002, i had high expectations from them and they delivered big style with their musical cock and balls.

Manic Street Preachers in 2002, Greatest Hits Tour (no it wasn't a short set you cynical bastards...:p) at the SECC in Glasgow - supported by Ian Brown. I danced like a screaming schoolgirl who's got a killer bees nest in her ass.

*deep breath* Duran Duran in Glasgow 2004, first reunion tour with the original members. I cried like a man who's just woken up and scratched his balls only to discover that some evil entity had replaced them with furry dice.

I like your descriptions. I bet you got laughed at :p.

Back
Top Bottom