The heart feels free.........

Drew a swallow

deep and blue
I've just put Ringleaders on for the first time in ages, and dear god has hit me. Its a stunningly gorgeous song. Have you ever experienced this when you've re-visited an old Smiths/Mozz album and you've felt goosebumps?

I've just put Ringleaders on for the first time in ages, and dear god has hit me. Its a stunningly gorgeous song. Have you ever experienced this when you've re-visited an old Smiths/Mozz album and you've felt goosebumps?

Speedway did that to me the other day. I was watching the 'introducing Morrissey' DVD. Amazing song. :guitar:

Come back to Camden, I can hear the pain in his voice. It brings tears to my eyes

Come back to Camden, I can hear the pain in his voice. It brings tears to my eyes

Me too, it's one of the most beautiful songs he's ever written.

Trouble Loves Me recently magically re-appeared when I needed it most.

This happens to me a lot with his songs. Sometimes they lie in wait and then BAM!, seemingly out of nowhere, you're on the floor reeling. He's sneaky that way.

Re: Come back to Camden

Hmmmm...possibly too personal memories.

I think that's quite plausible. I never expected him to play "Late Night, Maudlin Street" live for the same reason, I was stunned when he played it in 2002.

What was the song when seeing Mozz you most wanted to hear? Mine was Last Night I dreamt.....until he played it late 90's when I saw him in Kentish Town. Now I yearn to hear Girl Afraid and I Started Something... I doubt it'll ever happen though.

I've just listened to the World of Morrissey, my first ever Moz-cd. And I had the exact same feeling as I did when I listened to it for the first time. Such a great compliation - Whatever Happens I Love You got me right away.

I keep going back to "Jack the Ripper."

welcome aboard :)

I'm still waiting for Speedway. I just don't get it.

SERIOUSLY??? I LOVE Speedway and I think it is amazing! The drum beat on there is incredible and the dramatic beginning. Oh That is a fantastic piece of music!

It happened with me with Suffer Little Children because I didn't know what it was about. when I found out what it was about and about the Moors murders I almost cried when I heard it.

'I Know It's Over'...I've always loved it, but I hadn't listened to it in a while. I had my mp3 player on shuffle in Technology class and it came on and I nearly started crying >>; It was rather embarrassing. 'Asleep' and 'Dear God...' did almost the same thing to me, except not in public, thank the Lord...

'I Know It's Over'...I've always loved it, but I hadn't listened to it in a while. I had my mp3 player on shuffle in Technology class and it came on and I nearly started crying >>; It was rather embarrassing. 'Asleep' and 'Dear God...' did almost the same thing to me, except not in public, thank the Lord...

'I Know It's Over' is quite possibly his greatest song, its power will never weaken. My favourites of late are 'Nowhere Fast' and 'Well I Wonder' - simply sublime.

Back
Top Bottom