The Songs That Make You Want To Cry

It's the obvious choice I know but I Know It's Over does me every time. I'm like Morrissey myself when it comes to that song and can only listen to it at certain times, it's far too personal.

I'm just playin' :p

I think its actually namby pamby, now that I actually look at it...

Full Disclosure: I may have shed 1-3 tears of overwhelming joy while attending a Moz concert, when he first walks out on stage, and only if it had been awhile since seeing him live. May have.

I have seen Mozza twice and honestly I wasn`t as moved as I thought I would be.My first tinme...I was in the front row,after hours of queing and I thought I`d be swept away,but I wasn`t.

I don`t remember any Smiths/Morrissey song actually making me cry but a good few of them putting me in a state of conflicted,creativity-generating,emotions,such as Last I Dreamt...it would be my top favourite of all,with the noisy crowd which was mandatory to send goosebumps over my whole body...Asleep...Back to the old House...Maudlin Street is a big one too...

I have seen Mozza twice and honestly I wasn`t as moved as I thought I would be.My first tinme...I was in the front row,after hours of queing and I thought I`d be swept away,but I wasn`t.

the same with me. I had the feeling that I'm just watching dvd concert once again. I practically didn't feel anything. & couldn't believe of course. but I think that's how it should be.

I've been crying through all the 'Viva Hate' album - over a certian period of time.
the biggest outbursts on "Late Night, Mandlin Street" and "Angel, Angel Down Me Together" of course

Two songs, 'My Love Life' for reasons unrelated to the song but the song reminds me of a certain time and 'That Joke Isnt Funny Anymore', i wont say anymore cos i've said enough ;)

Seasick, yet still docked
Will never marry
Asleep
Tomorrow (especially when I watch the video...you can feel and see his emotion)

LAST NIGHT I DREAMT THAT SOMEBODY LOVED ME.....for obvious reasons-because its rings true...
THAT JOKE ISNT FUNNY ANYMORE

Late night maudlin street

asleep

Last edited:
What about if he looked at you? Engaging is believing.

He was right there at the tip of my nose but our eyes never met.I`ve the problem of not being able to engage with things.I cannot hold a focus onto anything unless...unless I`m in love.If the artist makes me fall in love with them,that`s when they succeed in moving me.

Mark Ronson's version of Stop Me!
It is f***in awful!!!!!

Love PTxx.

ahahahahaha, agreed.

sometimes these make me wanna or actually cry. depending on my mood,

friday mourning
my life is an endless succession of people saying goodbye
Pigsty
i've changed my plea to guilty
trouble loves me
mexico
jack the ripper
i can have both
well i wonder

ones that DO make me cry,

meat is murder
will never marry
I am two people
i'll never be anybodies hero now

ok now i feel like a right wimp... LOL

The usual suspects are
Well I Wonder
Reel Around The Fountain
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Come Back to Camden

The only time I've ever really cried to a Morrissey song was when he sang Last Night I Dreamt... a year ago in Merrillville, IN. The fact that he was three feet away had a lot to do with it. Eons of loving him all culminated in that one instant...'twas just too much :tears:!

Other songs that get me 'verklempt' are, That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore, Reel Around The Fountain, Asleep, and I Know It's Over. Also, I've Changed My Plea to Guilty, My Life is an Endless Succession, There is a Place in Hell, Seasick, I Know It's Gonna Happen, and Moonriver. Altho the list really is endless...

Back
Top Bottom