There Speaks A True Friend

Now you're making me sad! I never had an imaginary friend! :eek: It's not fair! :(

As an only child I had 2 football teams worth of imaginary friends.
I of course was often myself but when I played with real children I was Kenny Dalglish/ Dave Bennett/ Ian Rush/ The Welsh Maradona/ Now I am Ferenc Puskas. AS HE IS NOW. (And I'm still playing with real children now. Nomally at bus stops. I wish they'd just f***ing ban me from the bus:rolleyes: )

I have 9 good friends about 15 friends, so I have more than Seven, how many have you got? 7? OMG I cannae wait man.

OH I'm SO f***ING GLAD YOU'RE BACK.... Mr SCOPE (as in the charity- cos it is politically incorrect to say the other word!)

It was a jokey remark. I have 9 friends on Myspace. One of them breaks knees for a living. (That too is a throwaway remark.)

I bet you're 9 friends were sick of the sight on you on that Bad Haircuts From the '80s website. (not a jokey remark) And as for the ones in your life I bet they reckon you stink of stale cheese.

OH I'm SO f***ING GLAD YOU'RE BACK.... Mr SCOPE (as in the charity- cos it is politically incorrect to say the other word!)

It was a jokey remark. I have 9 friends on Myspace. One of them breaks knees for a living. (That too is a throwaway remark.)
I have 33 friends (so far) on Last.fm...

I have about well...I have one childhood friend with whom I will be best friends forever...it seems that no matter how far apart, geographical distance,we are...we are on the same wavelength and when we get together, we just pick up the relationship right where we left it off. if we don't see each other for a year...it really doesn't matter, when we get together...the time that has passed seems like 5 min compared to months. it is never awkward and we never run out of things to talk about.

i have other friends. good friends. people i spend time with. people i talk to. people whom i trust to an extent. it's nice but these people come and go and it's a fact. there's a select few people that one can fully count on.

I'd say in total, about 5 people. That leaves enough room for interpretation.

i don't have too many, but i forget their birthdays, i don't visit them when they're sick and they frequently have to remind me about their problems cause i just don't remember!! (seems like i'm not a good listener) :s
i'm not such a good friend, am i?

A true friend, someone you can depend your life on, is very, very hard to find. You may think you have many when you're young, but it's when times are hard that you discover if they're the real thing. I only have one, my wife. Thanks for this good thread. Cheers :D

in my case, the realisation that my friends vanished when I was in trouble

Oh, that's bad! I'm lucky and my very few friends are always beside me when I need them!

and that my family also turned their back on me

We have so many things in common, lilikoi!!! I'm astonished! My parents never wanted to have a child but a hot night together. The thing went wrong and I was born. But my parents never made no secret of the fact they didn't want to have me. My 18. birthday came and I moved from home. I've never seen my parents again. Oh no stop, 8 years ago I met my father for some minutes. He shook my hand and just said hello. My mother died 10 years ago and my father was just glad he needn't to care for me when I left home. My grandma asked him a couple of years ago if he doesn't want to know where his daughter is and how she is and he just said "no". It is cruel to say I'm waiting for him to die?

After all these years I'm not angry any more. I'm used to live my own life and I don't need my parents. So, lilikoi, don't be angry any more and just live you own life. I know it might sound easy to say but I know what I'm speaking about. I had hard times in my life but I overcame them and I grew on them. I wouldn't be the same person if I had another parents/childhood. I wish you all the best to make the most of the situation!

I have 5 friends, and (rather scarily) 3 of them are from this very forum, one of them's from another forum, and there's only one I see physically on a regular basis! Ah well... I'll be content with my virtual life ( :eek: )

Really good, honest and sincere friends are few and far between. I have had many friends in my life who have let me down or disappointed me in some way, sometimes its not their fault as people just change. My best friend that I ever had was just sooooo fantastic that I got divorced, he got divorced and we married each other. Happy ever after or what!
(don't worry, both ex's are also remarried (but not to each other))

Back
Top Bottom