Thoughts on The Pin

M

MrMajeika

Was wearing The Pin the worst decision Moz ever made?

What other questionable things do you feel he has done?

1691851710763.gif

Morrissey Central, just like most of his lyrics the last ten years, is an absolute mess.

He is in dire need of proper management and someone who tells him: “This just won’t do. Try harder, Steven!”

Calling the Chinese a sub-species didn’t help. Endorsing Farage, sympathising with Tommy Robinson, seeming to pick on non-white people like George Alagiah and Sadiq Khan for no reason, saying that everyone prefers their own race, insinuating that England is in the dire state it’s in because they allowed Johnny Foreigner to come in and wreck the place, writing songs such as Bonfire of Teenagers and Notre Dame…
but…
I’m sure Nerak Malarkey will soon darken the door of this thread to tell us how we have been brainwashed, that Morrissey didn’t mean any of these things, that he is an adult child who can’t make up/express his true opinions, that SER is the antichrist, that Messages from Morrissey are not actually messages from Morrissey, that Rick Astley is a pawn being used to erase Morrissey from The Smiths, that the entire world is a homophobic construct with the sole aim of destroying Morrissey, and swearing to exact vengeance upon everyone who has ever written an article for NME (with such mentally-ill conviction that you truly believe she will do it). She might even dox a few people and contact their employers for good measure.
Then Morrissey will recognise her Herculean efforts, declare his love for her, will renounce everything he has said/done for the last 20 years, and they’ll live happily ever after somewhere in Scotland, being good Catholics while also worshipping the Almighty Ampersand.

Last edited:
Calling the Chinese a sub-species didn’t help. Endorsing Farage, sympathising with Tommy Robinson, seeming to pick on non-white people like George Alagiah and Sadiq Khan for no reason, saying that everyone prefers their own race, insinuating that England is in the dire state it’s in because they allowed Johnny Foreigner to come in and wreck the place, writing songs such as Bonfire of Teenagers and Notre Dame…
but…
I’m sure Nerak Malarkey will soon darken the door of this thread to tell us how we have been brainwashed, that Morrissey didn’t mean any of these things, that he is an adult child who can’t make up/express his true opinions, that SER is the antichrist, that Messages from Morrissey are not actually messages from Morrissey, that Rick Astley is a pawn being used to erase Morrissey from The Smiths, that the entire world is a homophobic construct with the sole aim of destroying Morrissey, and swearing to exact vengeance upon everyone who has ever written an article for NME (with such mentally-ill conviction that you truly believe she will do it). She might even dox a few people and contact their employers for good measure.
Then Morrissey will recognise her Herculean efforts, declare his love for her, will renounce everything he has said/done for the last 20 years, and they’ll live happily ever after somewhere in Scotland, being good Catholics while also worshipping the Almighty Ampersand.

Clapping Applause GIF

Was wearing The Pin the worst decision Moz ever made?

What other questionable things do you feel he has done?
I do think that advising people to vote for a specific political party was a bad idea. As an artist he should dwell in the realm of ambiguity. It's where Morrissey has always belonged and will always belong. Coming out and saying vote for FB diminished him. To put his head above the parapet was a gamble, a very risky gamble, and it didn't pay off for either party, if you forgive the pun. The nature of the party itself doesn't bother me in the slightest. Would think exactly the same if he had said vote Green.
There is also an argument to be made that Notre Dame as a song lacks artistic ambiguity in a similar way. Too prosaic. Musically though it's not a bad song.

He said vote John Kerry. A Democrat.

With all my heart I urge people to vote against George Bush. Jon Stewart would be ideal, but John Kerry is the logical and sane move. It does not need to be said yet again, but Bush has single-handedly turned the United States into the most neurotic and terror-obsessed country on the planet, For non-Americans, the United States is suddenly not a very nice place to visit because US immigration officers – under the rules of Bush – now conduct themselves with all the charm and unanswerable indignation of Hitler’s SS... Please bring sanity and intelligence back to the United States. Don’t forget to vote. Vote for John Kerry and get rid of George Bush!

As much as I like him as an artist, imho he can go fück himself with his constant presenting himself as 'apolitical'.

but…
Hehe! Agree with all of this except Sadiq Khan.
He's a decent person but a rubbish communicator.
Slurs his words, drops his t's and just sounds a bit muddled. Nothing to do with his ethnicity.
But given the trouble that Morrissey had got himself into, it was foolish to single Sadiq out.

It’s really f***ing grim when you list all of the abominations that Moz has been responsible for these last ten or so years. The subspecies thing (although I wholeheartedly understand him), the Utøya remark, the Harvest debacle/shitstorm, the numerous cancellations and rare explanations why, insinuating that he had cancer, the FB badge, the FB endorsement, Tommy Robinson, the immigration remarks, the Der Spiegel interview, saying that everyone prefers their own race (which might be true, but why say it in public?), embarrassing himself countless times on the most embarrassing website in the entire music industry (M Central), continuously making himself look like a whiny child and/or helpless victim senselessly bullied by the evil industry, promoting far right youtubers, letting himself and his art plummet to depths previously unknown and unheard of, and really first and foremost writing, performing and releasing his worst ever material. This being the most heinous of his crimes.

Still, I love him. It’s harder than ever to do so, but I do. He’s meant too much for me to ever give up on him. That’s probably why his downfall and the grim state of his career angers me so.

but Bush has single-handedly turned the United States into the most neurotic and terror-obsessed country on the planet,
First of all, Kerry may be an even bigger war hawk than Bush or Hillary, he doesn't seem to get that all these people are the same, but he's not political or anything :rolleyes:
I am no fan of GW, but neurotic and terror-obsessed? Seriously? This coming from the man who won't stop talking about his neurotic, terror-obsessed song on an album by the same name?

And this? From someone who constantly complains about immigrants in his own country? I would honestly prefer it if he just stayed out of the United States at this point and stayed out of our politics. He is not a citizen, he can't vote, he can just shut up.

For non-Americans, the United States is suddenly not a very nice place to visit because US immigration officers – under the rules of Bush – now conduct themselves with all the charm and unanswerable indignation of Hitler’s SS
==================================

I don't know if I can add anything to what's already been said but his lying and hypocrisy grates and I think he is pretty much irredeemable at this point, he doesn't have any dignity or credibilty

Last edited:

With all my heart I urge people to vote against George Bush. Jon Stewart would be ideal, but John Kerry is the logical and sane move. It does not need to be said yet again, but Bush has single-handedly turned the United States into the most neurotic and terror-obsessed country on the planet, For non-Americans, the United States is suddenly not a very nice place to visit because US immigration officers – under the rules of Bush – now conduct themselves with all the charm and unanswerable indignation of Hitler’s SS... Please bring sanity and intelligence back to the United States. Don’t forget to vote. Vote for John Kerry and get rid of George Bush!

I think you made my point for me, Karen. I urge people to vote against George Bush. He left a little bit of room for ambiguity.
If he had said, I urge people to vote for anybody except Labour and Tory, no one would have batted an eyelid.
We know his primary reason for endorsing FB was animal rights, he said so himself in the 2018 interview with John Riggers, but he must have known that it wasn't going to be reported that way.

JOHN: You say you have never known a British political party that represents your views.

MORRISSEY: There is a new party called For Britain. They have the best approach to animal welfare, whereas no other party even bothers to mention animal welfare. The EU will not protect animals from halal or kosher practice. For Britain seem to say what many British people are currently thinking, which is why the BBC or Channel 4 News will not acknowledge them, because, well, For Britain would change British politics forever … and we can’t have that! If you love animals, you really cannot vote Labour or Conservative. Give animals a break. They’ve done enough for you. Let them live.

I think you made my point for me, Karen. I urge people to vote against George Bush. He left a little bit of room for ambiguity.
If he had said, I urge people to vote for anybody except Labour and Tory, no one would have batted an eyelid.
We know his primary reason for endorsing FB was animal rights, he said so himself in the 2018 interview with John Riggers, but he must have known that it wasn't going to be reported that way.

JOHN: You say you have never known a British political party that represents your views.

MORRISSEY: There is a new party called For Britain. They have the best approach to animal welfare, whereas no other party even bothers to mention animal welfare. The EU will not protect animals from halal or kosher practice. For Britain seem to say what many British people are currently thinking, which is why the BBC or Channel 4 News will not acknowledge them, because, well, For Britain would change British politics forever … and we can’t have that! If you love animals, you really cannot vote Labour or Conservative. Give animals a break. They’ve done enough for you. Let them live.

He literally says vote for John Kerry.

And his reason is because he's against the strict immigration policy that was brought in to combat Islamist terrorism.

There's no ambiguity there.

So it's very likely that he actually thought that disgusting lying stinking wretched woman was not a fascist or a racist & was going to help animals.

...and really first and foremost writing, performing and releasing his worst ever material. This being the most heinous of his crimes.
We'll have to agree to differ on that one, Gregor. Dog I thought was his best album in some time - probably since Quarry.
Bonfire from what we have heard also sounds like a great album. Veronica would have made a cracking single.
Without Music we haven't really heard enough of yet to make a judgment.
Notre Dame I have mixed views on. I wouldn't say it's his worst ever material, however. It's certainly interesting as a pop song, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom