Thoughts on The Pin

Yes, that's one of the weirdest things about Morrissey. I would call it a far-reaching inconsistency.
Each time you vote, you support the process :unsure:

The problem begins when people take artists to be something other than inconsistent and most likely wacky individuals.

:LOL:
It's good for him he doesn't ask me, because if he did, I'd probably give him a good thrashing. He might be into that kind of thing though, so ... ;-)

nah, he’d probably just walk away, unchanged.

Yes, that's one of the weirdest things about Morrissey. I would call it a far-reaching inconsistency.
Each time you vote, you support the process :unsure:
Exactly! I guess he changes his mind about it. Though he insists he's never voted.

There's having an opinion though and there's advising people to vote for a specific political party and effectively endorsing them. I just don't think that was a good look for an aloof, solitary artist like Morrissey. Takes away the mystery and the mystique.
Yeah, that's a fair point. There's a difference.
He has always (from time to time) done that though.

Can we at least agree that the Labour Party of the 1980s (and up to) have zero comparisons with the Labour Party of today (and the last decade or so)?
Exactly that.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

He's basically saying he's left wing by instinct but is appalled by what the modern left has become.

Exactly that.

Although the Left changed and deserted me many years ago, I am most certainly not Far Right, and I have not ever met anyone who claims to be Far Right. My politics are straightforward: I recognize realities. Some realities horrify me, and some do not, but I accept that I was not created so that others might gratify me and delight me with all that they think and do - what a turgid life that would be. I've been offended all of my life, and it has strengthened me, and I am glad. I wouldn't have the journey any other way. Only by hearing the opinions of others can we form truly rational views, and therefore we must never accept a beehive society that refuses to reflect a variety of views.

He's basically saying he's left wing by instinct but is appalled by what the modern left has become.
And there are many who feel exactly the same way

Exactly that.

He said he was deserted & as the Guardian & Independent were attacking him, that will be why he feels that way.

Despite you projecting every one of your prejudices on to him - he hasn't taken up your politics.

He said he was deserted & as the Guardian & Independent were attacking him, that will be why he feels that way.

Despite you projecting every one of your prejudices on to him - he hasn't taken up your politics.
As pointed out by others, Karen - you seem to find it impossible to consider the possibility that your hero might, just might, have one or two ideas (maybe even prejudices) that you wouldn't agree with or share. When it comes to that possibility you seem to have a mental block. It kind of feels like your whole world would fall apart if you were to admit that possibility. That Morrissey might be left wing on some things, right wing on some things, and no wing on other things. Just like 99.9% of the human race. Except you, it seems.

As pointed out by others, Karen - you seem to find it impossible to consider the possibility that your hero might, just might, have one or two ideas (maybe even prejudices) that you wouldn't agree with or share. When it comes to that possibility you seem to have a mental block. It kind of feels like your whole world would fall apart if you were to admit that possibility. That Morrissey might be left wing on some things, right wing on some things, and no wing on other things. Just like 99.9% of the human race. Except you, it seems.

I couldn't give a f*** what artists think about anything - what I can't stand is talentless creeps hijacking artists, spewing bigotry & lying about them to the detriment of their careers.

I couldn't give a f*** what artists think about anything - what I can't stand is talentless creeps hijacking artists, spewing bigotry & lying about them to the detriment of their careers.
Wahey - we have found something we can agree on!
As far as lying about him to the detriment of his career goes though - it's the lefties like Bragg and The Guardian that are the culprits there, not people like me.

Back
Top Bottom