Three brand new Morrissey songs to be released on 7th December

Have you seen me?

I’m your lover to be

You might run into the (their?) street

You look back for one more peep

It’s okay by me, it’s okay by me, it’s okay by me

Oh, I am your lover to be

Never before, never again will you see such a special man (men?)

Oh ???, Oh, ???, Oh ???

You can trust me

I am your lover to be

You act afraid and nervously coy

Because I’m someone you might enjoy

Oh, that’s me, that’s me, that’s me

Oh…Oh…Oh…Oh…Oh…

I am your lover to be

You say, God spare me this corrupt (awe? Oar? Law?)

God says, you don’t know how lucky you are

The paragon (?) knows, the paragon (?) knows, the paragon (?) knows

I have nothing to say

I am your lover to be

It might not be Thursday, it might not be Friday

But soon I’ll have you my way

Oh, good Italian stuff (?)…lover to be…

The way you (burnishly?), (Boyishly?) hide

Is not (very much?) to describe…oh…oh…oh…oh

I have nothing to say

I am…

What is money compared to love?

It is godless, sexless, stupid and sequestered

Finally, finally, finally, oh finally

I am your lover to be

I have thrashed (trashed?) all the bruisers (boozers?) in town

And it’s your turn now

Some of these lyrics may not be what we'd hope for, but the music and phrase delivery are quite good.
Some of this music breaks new ground for the band. (Possibly other people's ground.)

I enjoy the new tracks... And I feel it's alright to do so.

Last edited:
Same here, Daddy!
I thought the vocal melody on this song doesn't end were quite Smiths-y.
I think all of the vocal mels are quite interesting- pleasantly old fashioned.

Lover to Be has the same tone of All You Need is Me, lyrically, but on another level. It's certainly the most interesting to me lyrically. Dreadfully clunky, yet still enjoyable.

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the lyrics for 'Never Again Will I Be a Twin' were inspired by Elvis Presley and his twin brother Jesse who died at birth.
I have no expectations for the music but I'd prefer that it's more in the vein of 'Blue Dreamer's Eyes' than 'Kiss Me a Lot' for example, or most of Low in High School.
I think 'Lover to Be' might be about me and @A scanty bit of thing :love::flowers:
As long as your in-real-life name is AztecCamera and absolutely nothing else but AztecCamera, I’m ready to put on my bunny ears and to do some real-life high kicks for you. With a little wiggle.

Let’s go.

As long as your in-real-life name is AztecCamera and absolutely nothing else but AztecCamera, I’m ready to put on my bunny ears and to do some real-life high kicks for you. With a little wiggle.

Let’s go.
::shudder::

Let’s go.

Just thought you might like to know that "born to post anonymously" has the same IP hash as the anon holocaust denier and jew hater in the politics thread. You're welcome.

God, To Be A Lover is dreadful. A tuneless bluesy ill-advised dirge that makes four minutes feel like twenty. The Song Doesn't End When It's Over has quite a nice chorus, even though the lyric rehashes Oboe Concerto. Never Again Will I Be A Twin is the best of the three and better than about half of LIHS, it demands further listening. But yes, this is quite an unimpressive bunch, more b-sidey than the World Peace bonus songs.

i'm actually quite impressed that, hot on the heels of his worst ever output in low in high school, mozza has managed to release some new songs that are actually worse than the album.

that never again will i be a twin song makes one day goodbye will be farewell sound like johnny marr agonised over it.

he's finished.

Some of these lyrics may not be what we'd hope for, but the music and phrase delivery are quite good.
Some of this music breaks new ground for the band. (Possibly other people's ground.)

I enjoy the new tracks... And I feel it's alright to do so.
They are lovely. Just wish Blue Dreamers Eyes had been added as well.

So the current formula for writing a Morrissey song seems to be:

1. Think of creative title.

2. Have title be in the first verse instead of the chorus. Repeat title multiple times.

3. Follow a rhyme scheme until you suddenly decide you want to throw in a word that doesn’t fit that scheme. Then go back to rhyme scheme.

4. Midway through, veer off lyrical topic into something completely unrelated.

5. Insert variations of “Ohh” when in doubt.

6. Always, always, always end the song abruptly.

So the current formula for writing a Morrissey song seems to be:

1. Think of creative title.

2. Have title be in the first verse instead of the chorus. Repeat title multiple times.

3. Follow a rhyme scheme until you suddenly decide you want to throw in a word that doesn’t fit that scheme. Then go back to rhyme scheme.

4. Midway through, veer off lyrical topic into something completely unrelated.

5. Insert variations of “Ohh” when in doubt.

6. Always, always, always end the song abruptly.

Yes you’re right, they are rather good.

You forgot 7. Throw in a disconcertingly blunt reference to sex if all else fails.

Back
Top Bottom