Tickets on ebay now over £2000

IF YOU THINK THATS BAD !
LOOK AT THE 2 BUY IT NOW AUCTION WHERE THE SELLER WANTS £3000 FOR 2 3RD ROW SEATS !

> Have a look at this, I really hope it's just someone trying to mess up the
> auction...

I remember the buzz about Cream reforming for the Albert Hall dates and ticket prices reaching two thousand pounds per pair on Ebay. I found this thing below interesting. Jack Bruce, bass player with Cream, put out this statement at the time, outlining the stringent and preventive measures that had been put in place to nobble re-selling. The interesting bit is at the end where the blame is not attributed wholly to the touts, but to other fans making a few quid and, most importantly Ebay's lack of monitoring. I found the bit about Cream's management monitoring Ebay and cancelling bookings that were being clearly exploited to be a good idea. If Mozzer's management cared that much there are things that can be done.

Important Notice from Management about
the Sale of CREAM Reunion Tickets:
Cream, who have just announced four reunion concerts at The Royal Albert Hall in May, have encountered similar problems with internet touts recently experienced by U2. Cream’s promoters 3A have made the following statement:

“It is our belief that we have made all possible efforts to make tickets available to the public but at the same time to make it as difficult as possible for touts to get hold of tickets”

The measures the promoters took included restricting sales to a maximum of four tickets per person (the industry norm is 6) and refusing all group bookings.

Other measures included:

* Restricting tickets sales to two authorised outlets: The Royal Albert Hall and Bookings Direct on 0870 143 2208 or online at www.bookingsdirect.com

Restricting sales to phone and internet only, thereby enabling cross referencing procedures to weed out multiple bookings using the same address or credit card.

Monitoring all tickets being offered for sale on Ebay and similar sites and cancelling bookings where tickets are being offered for sale in this way.

The promoters believe and have observed that the majority of tickets on sale at exploitative prices have been purchased not by touts but by members of the public with a view to using one pair of tickets and selling the other pair on.

“It is our belief that the real culprits in this situation are internet sites who permit daily auctions with seemingly no checks on whether or not the sellers are authorised to sell them – or even whether they have the tickets in the first place. For example; not one ticket has yet been printed for any of the Cream shows and will not be until the checks mentioned above have been made, yet today there are 66 separate Cream ticket offers on EBay.”

> Have a look at this, I really hope it's just someone trying to mess up the
> auction...

It's themselves bidding for their own tickets, see bidding history and you will see that people bidding may already have sold tickets, so why would they be bidding again?? They have a huge number of accounts, that give themselves 'positive feedback' and that bid against honest buyers. See also other bidding histories, they're all in the same gang, that's why it's so important that nobody tries to buy off them or try to bid, because they will just have their co worker to bid against you until the last second, not having to buy it anyway, they'll just put it up for auction again until they get what they consider required price from some poor silly desperate fan. So I reapeat and we are all aware of this now I'm sure, DON'T buy!

It's bound to be someone messing the auction up. If you look at bid history there is one guy called homebase007 who has a poor history. They're probably doing it on purpose so the greedy prat can't get his five grand

Re: Tickets on ebay now over £5000

> It's bound to be someone messing the auction up. If you look at bid
> history there is one guy called homebase007 who has a poor history.
> They're probably doing it on purpose so the greedy prat can't get his five
> grand

good! we should all do that! leave him with massive ebay fees and unsellable tickets the greedy fool!

Re: Tickets on ebay now over £5000

> good! we should all do that! leave him with massive ebay fees and
> unsellable tickets the greedy fool!

Damn right! I was up early on Friday morning and luck enough to secure tickets for me and my Dad so I could stay away from ebay. Hate the people who that so much!!! Can't wait for the show though. First time I saw him was at Roskilde in 2004, im 17 now and i'm hooked!!!

Back
Top Bottom