Tour not sold out yet: credit crunch, lack of publicity or...?

I went to see Morrissey at the SECC in 2006 and 2007. The first gig was sold out, the second wasn't and it was very clear that it hadn't just by looking around the place.

I'm not sure why though? I bought two Barrowland tickets (first night) this morning, and it sold out by 9.59am so there is a core group of avid Morrissey fans.

Yes there is indeed a core group of fans who will buy the first few thousand tickets as soon as they go on sale. After that sales dwindle down and are bought by those who "quite like some of his songs".
I recall the two G-MEX gigs in Dec 2006 were tickets for the Saturday night had sold out, but Friday night tickets ended up being offered as two-for-the-price-of-one deals in local news papers. We can't have it both ways though. Sell out before we can buy and we're gutted. Venue part empty and we're wondering what's wrong. I'm just glad the stress of today is over and I got my tickets!

Tickets pretty much available for all

Looking at the See Tickets site it seems there are tickets for pretty much all the shows, including the likes of The Troxy and Salisbury. Thoughtt they were all sold out? Seems it has settled somewhat or they held some back to cause a scramble!

Charging over £40 for a ticket doesn't really help either. That's not a dig at Moz as this seems the going rate for most big name singers. If you multiply that by a number of different shows you are looking at a large creditcard bill! Add on your train fares and beer money for the evening and it's an expensive night out. A worthwhile night out, but a bit pricey all the same.

Gone are the days of buying half a dozen tickets for under £100.

Any idea why Hull isn't sold out yet?

I thouhgt Hull may have sold out by now at least but apparently it is still on sale. Any idea why this could be?...distance from anywhere?...venue?...inconvenient date?

Love PTxx.

Re: Any idea why Hull isn't sold out yet?

It's sold out on ticketmaster because i was trying to get a ticket and couldn't :(.

Seetickets still had standing tickets:

http://www.seetickets.com/see/price.asp?code=370687&userid={2AC1A7C3-AF35-43B1-8727-DAE57E72EA6C}&filler1=see&filler2=art-srch

Re: Any idea why Hull isn't sold out yet?

Larger venue than others. People north of hull would probably go to hartlepool. Its on the M62 so people in the middle of the country may favour manchester. Its not the nicest place in the world.

Living in Castleford, which is about 45 mins down the M62 from Hull, most people I talk to seem quite suprised that Moz is playing there, and I think blackie is right in saying most people will be heading over to Manchester (as I am aswell, being pretty much in the middle of Hull and Manchester.)
Still, I'm suprised it hasn't sold out yet, as I thought with it being the only Yorkshire gig I thought it would have gone much quicker.

Back
Top Bottom