TTY: Morrissey Band 2015

Re: Morrissey Band 2015 - TTY

Did he try to copy his own backdrop? :p

bruce-lee-veste-carreau.jpg

Man, Morrissey was right. This really is a hateful online creche. I swear, half of this site is populated by lonely high court judges. Talk about bitter. You can't have a discussion here without at least three venomous clowns derailing into generic Morrissey abuse. It's like some kind of automated robot script. Why do you even come here?

This is the comment section of a post about a basic band photo for crying out loud, and in amongst the typical fansite chatter we have a couple of catty slapfights, a pedant-off, a Joan Rivers-style opportunistic urine cannon of petty digs, and a Morrissey firing squad of bored trolls going through the motions out of habit. I used to think Morrissey must have just been oversensitive about unflattering articles posted here at some point, but good grief, now I see what he was talking about.

Honest critique of any given thing in Morrisseyworld isn't a surprise as part of wider discussion, but this constant and bewildering stream of poison is like skunk spray to people who'd like to come here and talk about Morrissey with other fans. What stale hell is this? It's like a bunch of people who left the house in wet jeans and are packed into a stifling van with no air conditioning in the middle of summer. Crabby grouch bus of rashes and barking.

Well he is a humasexual(note this) Maybe their signature is plaid. :rofl: I believe it' Marc Jacobs for the homosexual community

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not a racist term. Is widely use in Sweden and is not demining in anyway. Get a grip you conflict seeking person. I have been called oriental and many people I know have been called it too. No offense take in any case. Asian is not a correct term since middle eastern people prefer to be called middle eastern in relation to heritage. You must consider that different countries precive terms differently. It's not a offensive term here. It's a offensive term in American English not Swedish

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/oriental

Here is a quote for you babe

"While this term is rarely intended as an outright slur, and may even be thought polite by some speakers" it became associated with stereotypes later, by the Pop culture. But it was never a racist term to begin with.

The men were middle eastern so this was a better term.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orient

But I don't except you to understand any of this

You might want to read the website you linked to, as you might note that it said this

n. often Oriental
1. Often Offensive An Asian, especially a South Asian, Southeast Asian, or East Asian.

Or from the wikipedia article you linked to

In the United States, "Oriental" is often considered an antiquated, pejorative, and disparaging term

I am sure you meant nothing by it, but it is usually considered to be a pretty offensive term.

Translation: "I am in negotiations with several labels and part of that gamesmanship is mind-games in the media. I play them off against each other to get a better bid whilst coming the poor mouth and pity poor me to my cult fans. I've been doing this since I first became a public figure with The Smiths. It''s just taking care of business. It amuses me as well. Best wishes. Morrissey

best wishes
The Anarchic Archivist
in a heat-wave situation in Utrecht, Netherlands for The Grand Depart of TDF2015 (aka: Mom's Basement...*rollseyes*]

You're substituting being clever for being intelligent. Yes, blah blah blah, play them all against each other... It only takes two interested potential buyers to make a very exciting bidding war. The problem is that two is the bare minimum. I think Morrissey is more likely to get a deal with someone who wants to, however briefly, have him on their label for purposes of image, or for the experience, but I don't think anyone is planning on buying a beach house in Malibu with the money they will make off of a Morrissey record.
Also, he went out of his way to have bad blood with Harvest but there must be more to it. I think people hear things and don't want the hassle of dealing with him.
I know you know how the Sex Pistols played the big record companies. It was brilliant. The difference is that they were the hottest band on the planet and everyone thought they could make a buck off of them before it was over. Morrissey is not the hottest thing going and odds are very good a record company will not recoup their investment on him or have a pleasant time dealing with him.

You might want to read the website you linked to, as you might note that it said this

Or from the wikipedia article you linked to

I am sure you meant nothing by it, but it is usually considered to be a pretty offensive term.

Yes in the United States it might be a offensive term. Not in sweden(at least the swedes I have met don't consider it). For us its not a offensive term. As in the Wikipedia article and as i wrote its a offensive term in america not sweden, at least not from what I have been thought or I the instances I have been called oriental. So when i was using it i was thinking of swedish/mine upbringing standards

Of course i read the free dictionary site. Here is also a qoute from the free dictionary site to explain a bit what i mean

"While this term is rarely intended as an outright slur, and may even be thought polite by some speakers"

The point it that it is considered a wrong in the american language in sweden where i'm from its not(at least that's what I have been taught and the phrase have been used around me to others and me of Asia. Descent) I can only adapt myself to where i an from. But know i now not to use the phrase in america. But it is still not a racist term here(for me at least) hence i did not use it as a racist remark

Americas not the world, america and its values can't be used as a default setting. If you say it i america is racist. If I say it in Sweden it's not. This forums is international, I don't believe it's looking trough a American point.

I am aware that there is even people here in Sweden that consider it a racist term. But I live in place in Gothenburg where the majority is people of Asian descent. They have used the term in this area without any problems. I have a bit of Asian descent in me and have been called oriental. I do not consider it racist.

But I will not use the term here if it is so offensive. Also this is way off topic. I get in trouble everywhere I go in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

'oriental' is an english word not a swedish one a fact i think you probably know well. somehow you manage to slide you right wing racist agenda into most posts.

Doug, I wish there were more people like you on here. This place used to be fun. Even the mozzerators pick fights with everyone on here.

How great is this photo? Is he lovin his Late Night tshirt or what? Band looks amazing. Not sure about Jesse's haircut, but I think boys should buzz their hair off for the summer, to keep cool if anything.

I'm so happy the tour is going well. The setlist is amazing. For personal reasons, I was not able to attend MSG but I'm glad the more civilized folk here posted video and pics. They were really nice to see.

It's the only reason I come here.

Man, Morrissey was right. This really is a hateful online creche. I swear, half of this site is populated by lonely high court judges. Talk about bitter. You can't have a discussion here without at least three venomous clowns derailing into generic Morrissey abuse. It's like some kind of automated robot script. Why do you even come here?

This is the comment section of a post about a basic band photo for crying out loud, and in amongst the typical fansite chatter we have a couple of catty slapfights, a pedant-off, a Joan Rivers-style opportunistic urine cannon of petty digs, and a Morrissey firing squad of bored trolls going through the motions out of habit. I used to think Morrissey must have just been oversensitive about unflattering articles posted here at some point, but good grief, now I see what he was talking about.

Honest critique of any given thing in Morrisseyworld isn't a surprise as part of wider discussion, but this constant and bewildering stream of poison is like skunk spray to people who'd like to come here and talk about Morrissey with other fans. What stale hell is this? It's like a bunch of people who left the house in wet jeans and are packed into a stifling van with no air conditioning in the middle of summer. Crabby grouch bus of rashes and barking.

doug, i wish there were more people like you on here. This place used to be fun. Even the mozzerators pick fights with everyone on here.

How great is this photo? Is he lovin his late night tshirt or what? Band looks amazing. Not sure about jesse's haircut, but i think boys should buzz their hair off for the summer, to keep cool if anything.

I'm so happy the tour is going well. The setlist is amazing. For personal reasons, i was not able to attend msg but i'm glad the more civilized folk here posted video and pics. They were really nice to see.

It's the only reason i come here.

agreed!

Doug, I wish there were more people like you on here. This place used to be fun. Even the mozzerators pick fights with everyone on here.

How great is this photo? Is he lovin his Late Night tshirt or what? Band looks amazing. Not sure about Jesse's haircut, but I think boys should buzz their hair off for the summer, to keep cool if anything.

I'm so happy the tour is going well. The setlist is amazing. For personal reasons, I was not able to attend MSG but I'm glad the more civilized folk here posted video and pics. They were really nice to see.

It's the only reason I come here.

God I am in such agreement with both you and Interesting Doug. The weird troll cult has done quite a number on this site.

Yes in the United States it might be a offensive term. Not in sweden(at least the swedes I have met don't consider it). For us its not a offensive term. As in the Wikipedia article and as i wrote its a offensive term in america not sweden, at least not from what I have been thought or I the instances I have been called oriental. So when i was using it i was thinking of swedish/mine upbringing standards ...

... But I will not use the term here if it is so offensive. Also this is way off topic. I get in trouble everywhere I go in this forum.

oh, dear girl, i saw on several places here how you are trolled, cheaply provoked and even mocked. you are not obliged to explain to details your system of belief (or your thought process) to anyone here. don't let vacuous trolls 'wash your brain' with their 'definitions' what is 'proper' and what 'is not'.

p.s. i support you and understand you very well :love:

'oriental' is an english word not a swedish one a fact i think you probably know well. somehow you manage to slide you right wing racist agenda into most posts.

Chill the f*** out. Tynamuna to my knowledge has never made right wing racist comments (in fact the opposite has been true from what I've seen) and I am willing to be believe this was a good faith mistake. I have no idea if "Oriental" is an offensive term in Sweden or not, but it is in the United States and yet many people are completely oblivious to that fact. That doesn't make it ok to use it, but it means that maybe pointing this out politely when it appears to be a good faith mistake as opposed to pouncing on someone. Believe me, I have no sympathy for racism and am willing to pounce on people without feeling the need to pretend to be "polite" when it is deserved, but I am not really convinced this is one of those cases.

Guess what - America is Not the World. 'Oriental' isn't regarded generally as an offensive racist term in the UK either. It sounds a bit creaky and old-fashioned, but it's not generally recognised as a term of abuse.
Broaden your horizons and stop looking to be butthurt over things.

Chill the f*** out. Tynamuna to my knowledge has never made right wing racist comments (in fact the opposite has been true from what I've seen) and I am willing to be believe this was a good faith mistake. I have no idea if "Oriental" is an offensive term in Sweden or not, but it is in the United States and yet many people are completely oblivious to that fact. That doesn't make it ok to use it, but it means that maybe pointing this out politely when it appears to be a good faith mistake as opposed to pouncing on someone. Believe me, I have no sympathy for racism and am willing to pounce on people without feeling the need to pretend to be "polite" when it is deserved, but I am not really convinced this is one of those cases.

Here, here !
I'm with Chip

Benny-the-British-Butcher

oh, dear girl, i saw on several places here how you are trolled, cheaply provoked and even mocked. you are not obliged to explain to details your system of belief (or your thought process) to anyone here. don't let vacuous trolls 'wash your brain' with their 'definitions' what is 'proper' and what 'is not'.

Thank you My love. I'm not rascist at all. I just was never brought up to think of oriental as a racist phrase. But you know the anon are dead sure I'm a right winged weirdo, who's posts dick Cheney reads and w*nks off to. No offense to dick, but I just could not find a more right winged example to choose from.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks chip, I really meant no harm. But I will be careful in the future

so???? having fans doesn't mean you are relevant. Besides, there are few things Moz care more about than chart positions and being relevant, so i think he's having a hard time accepting he isn't as relevant anymore and a lot of people just see him as someone who used to be great but now is only "the old man yells at a cloud" :(

why would someone spend so much time discussing an "irrelevant" artist they dislike? That was my point. Seems contradictory to me.

besides, this has happened before. Remember the 7 year gap? it has nothing to do with being great or relevant.

For the record, to me he is still one of the few greats who does things in his own terms. He is not a jukebox, a nostalgia act or someone who needs to sing the smiths to have an audience and that's brilliant.

she is, of all possible despicable people, a george bush apologist. how would moz feel about that.

why would someone spend so much time discussing an "irrelevant" artist they dislike? That was my point. Seems contradictory to me.

besides, this has happened before. Remember the 7 year gap? it has nothing to do with being great or relevant.

For the record, to me he is still one of the few greats who does things in his own terms. He is not a jukebox, a nostalgia act or someone who needs to sing the smiths to have an audience and that's brilliant.

Love the man, but for a lot of people who are casual fans or who only ike a couple of songs, he is considered a nostalgia act

Pretty sure it's a guy you're speaking to.

I've proven myself not to be the brightest bulb. Oh honey keep telling yourself that. But world peace is still bad. Maybe not in your eyes but in mine so deal with it and I'm the brightest, baby! Don't you forget it biatch! :rofl:

Also my signature is not funny? Really? Are you five years old? Mice aren't the only celibate thing on that hill, you are right there with them. :D so go suck your sour grapes hun :)

I just wonder why do you get so offended when I say I dislike world peace. Why do you care? I have a opinion and you have one. Let's live in harmony son.

No offence but are you trying to sound trendy with all the "huns" and "babes" to people who have slagged you off? It comes off as '70s drag queen.

Pretty sure it's a guy you're speaking to.

I'm a girl dude. Wouldn't mind being a bloke. I am in fact "i-wish-I-was-a-indie/pop star-male lead singer-in-the-eighties"sexual. I will never be my true self.

- - - Updated - - -

No offence but are you trying to sound trendy with all the "huns" and "babes" to people who have slagged you off? It comes off as '70s drag queen.

I like saying Hun and babe, don't care if 70s drag queens use to say it. I was born in 95 not familiar with the bona drag terms. But hey i do like drag Queen :)

Back
Top Bottom