UK Rock'N'Roll Magazine issue 238: Boz Boorer interview (February 19, 2024)

Image-01.jpg
Image-15.jpg
Image-16.jpg
Image-17.jpg
Image-18.jpg

Morrissey mentions.
Regards,
FWD.

I find it so completely odd that there was no announcement on Moz Central when Boz stopped working with Morrissey, especially if it was amicable.

Even a "Boz is stepping back from the band to spend more time at home, Morrissey wishes to sincerely thank Boz for the last 30 years" sort of thing.

I'm sure Morrissey was very nice to him in private when they went their separate ways, but at the same time he knows he has a devoted fanbase who have watched him and Boz share a stage for three decades, and yet all of a sudden a Morrissey gig takes place with no Boz and no announcement regarding it. And that was that, no Boz anymore.

Has Boz gone on record (e.g. on social media) to give his reasons for not being with Morrissey anymore? I can't recall seeing anything from him regarding this. It just seems to be speculation from people on here that retirement was the reason.
Such a statement wouldn’t be about Moz in some way, directly and indirectly, and that’s a hard ‘no’ for a post on Central!

Such a statement wouldn’t be about Moz in some way, directly and indirectly, and that’s a hard ‘no’ for a post on Central!

Boz was in his band & was his muscial director - so it would be about him.

And there are a lot of posts on Central that have a 'questionable' connection to him.

I find it so completely odd that there was no announcement on Moz Central when Boz stopped working with Morrissey, especially if it was amicable.

Even a "Boz is stepping back from the band to spend more time at home, Morrissey wishes to sincerely thank Boz for the last 30 years" sort of thing.

I'm sure Morrissey was very nice to him in private when they went their separate ways, but at the same time he knows he has a devoted fanbase who have watched him and Boz share a stage for three decades, and yet all of a sudden a Morrissey gig takes place with no Boz and no announcement regarding it. And that was that, no Boz anymore.

Has Boz gone on record (e.g. on social media) to give his reasons for not being with Morrissey anymore? I can't recall seeing anything from him regarding this. It just seems to be speculation from people on here that retirement was the reason.
Morrissey is extremely bad a paying and Boz, although extremely loyal was used by Moz and not paid for a lot of his work and performances. Boz just had enough

Oh, I miss Boz so much, but I’m so glad he’s out there doing his own thing and enjoying life with his family and friends. I doubt there was a disagreement with Morrissey or a falling out. Thirty years is a long time and I think he just wants to spend the rest of his time on his band and music which is a much different sound than Morrissey’s at the moment.

I just meant he’s left the band. We know why Alain and Gus left, but there’s been no word on why Boz left.
Someone pretty close to Boz once told me that Boz was asked to leave because he no longer fit the physical image of what a Morrissey band member was supposed to look like...

Great interview! Boz is the man!!!! What a musical legacy the guy has.

Morrissey was lucky to work with him for so long - as Boz was indeed the reliable and talented person who kept this brand in motion, greatly supporting Morrissey.

I'm hoping that the lack of an official statement means that Morrissey is leaving it open for Boz to continue to contribute songs at the very least whilst juggling other musical projects and his family. You can always identify a song that's been written by Boz and they are always very very good (and I'm pretty sure Morrissey knows this).

Great interview! Boz is the man!!!! What a musical legacy the guy has.

Morrissey was lucky to work with him for so long - as Boz was indeed the reliable and talented person who kept this brand in motion, greatly supporting Morrissey.
He was . He is the closest M had to a new Johnny Marr figure, someone to write . Look after him and sort things out . Like Johnny Boz is a well know gent about town too . I didn’t fecking know how much I missed boz until I read this

Morrissey has never made an announcement of anyone leaving. The only departures he ever mentions are of those of this mortal coil.

Well maybe that is because they never left.
They simply weren’t asked back.
I think in Boz’ case it was the pandemic. Boz didn’t want to travel anymore, so Moz asked someone else to go on tour.

Back
Top Bottom