Weirdest place you've heard Moz

Heard "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" this morining in Babies R Us. Thought that was weird and had to tell someone. My wife didn't care.

Heard "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" this morining in Babies R Us. Thought that was weird and had to tell someone. My wife didn't care.

Someone's going to get fired for that one. Babies R Us were supposed to play "Children in Pieces," followed by "The Father Who Must Be Killed."

Yeah, "Paris" has been in heavy rotation on chain store muzak systems, grocery stores for example. It's always quite a jolt to hear it.

Shame, I like the song when kept in the context of the album, but being played by itself, in a grocery store, sandwiched between two other idiot singers, it makes me wish another Moz song were playing instead.

I guess I'd have to say the one time in publix, or winn dixie, I heard The First of The Gang to Die... My mom asked me if it was Morrissey, and I was just shocked that it was playing.

In polish radio, quite often:
- Please please please, let me get what I want
- I'm throwing my arms around paris
- There is a light that never goes out
It's one of the most heard polish radio station national and international. I was very suprised, as I go through the radio channels while driving home.

And in a german shopping mall -Hamburg Mönckebergstr.-
In different shops I've actually heard:
- How Soon Is Now
- I'm throwing my arms around paris
Every shop, from where I hear one of them, I stop and go in there quick and stand there elswhere, just to hear the music. :D

:guitar:

Ah, "The Youngest Was The Most Loved" also at radio, but in a german radio station. It was played occasional and for the last time.

Ahh!! And of course in german television shows, while presenting a topic, person or etc.:
- Sueadehead
- Irish Blood, English Heart
- First of the gang to die
- Everyday is like sunday
- Something is squeezing my skull
- I'm OK by myself
But these ones were played very shortly. Mainly a instrumental part of a song.

:blushing:
I hope my english was quite well, well enough to understand.
your "Northpole", the Pole from the north
Piotr

Oasis Leisure Centre, Swindon :lbf::lbf:

Back
Top Bottom