What are you listening to right now...

Re: Are canines allowed in this thread?

> Heh heh ! Great dog ! What is his name ?
Thanks Johnny, everyone thinks she is a he. I always had cats and but when I saw her in the shelter I fell in love with her. She loves to swim, as you can probably tell from the picture she just got out of the water. I could go on for hours but I probably should stop here.

Re: The sound of rain, softened by the house fan

> And The Real Sheila by Game Theory on the PC

> Ichabod enjoying the rain...
I love your chairs, your sunroom, and your cat is beautiful.

Thank you!

That's the porch. Ick hangs out there most days, and seems to really like it when it rains without thunder.

Here's the sunroom:

And two shots of the living room. The red on the walls is a deeper blood red in reality:

Re: Thank you!-

> That's the porch. Ick hangs out there most days, and seems to really like
> it when it rains without thunder.

> Here's the sunroom:

> And two shots of the living room. The red on the walls is a deeper blood
> red in reality:

> Wow, Your place is beautiful. I love the Mission furniture and the red walls. Were the walls in your sunroom paneling that you painted over? I have that dark 70's style paneling that I would like to paint over and I'm not sure how to prep the walls to paint over it. I was going to paint it white but I love the colors you used. Actually, can you just take pictures of every room in your house because that's exactly how I want my house to look like. :0)

Thank you even more

It's a very open floor plan: The yellow wall starts in the living room corner where it intersects with the red wall, and runs the entire length of the house, through the kitchen to the sun room, where it becomes paneling. There are three shades of yellow ragged into the wall.

Yes, we painted the paneling that was there rather than tearing it off. IIRC, it didn't really need much in the way of prep work.

Thanks for the compliments on the mission furniture. Mission (Arts & Crafts) era and Prairie School furniture and metalwork are a passion of ours. The rocker below is Roycroft. The desk is L&JG Stickley, the fixed back morris(sey) chair in the corner that you can see better in my earlier post is Gus Stickley, and the armchair is Harden. All circa 1910.

The rug is hand knotted pakistani, but it is contemporary. The painting above the fireplace is our newest art acquisition. It is by Navajo artist David K. John. Abstract painting behind the rocker is one of two by a local artist named Drew Brock. The other is on the yellow wall just before the paneling (you can see it in the first sun room pic). And the banana painting in the living room and the haystack painting in the sun room, as well as 4 or 5 others throughout the house, are by my late father.

It has taken about 8 years to acquire the pieces we have now. Ask me about the rabbit chafing dish some time if you want to see our pride and joy

You and I are attuned psychically, my brother...

> out of the cabinet two days ago for the first time in probably 3 years and
> it sits, now twice played, in the CD player in my bathroom (I listen to
> music in the shower almost obsessively).

> In fact I was fixin' to post that Destination is one of the best, least
> appreciated songs of the late-80s.

I've had Starfish on heavy rotation the last few days, even though I usually listen to it very rarely. That's the album I came in on when I was about 11 years old. I've been a fan of The Church for longer than I've been a fan of anybody! Destination is a great song, but I really love Lost, NSE&W, and Hotel Womb off that album. Not to mention Under the Milkyway and Reptile.
You should try Heyday. If you like Starfish, you would really like Heyday, which is the album that came out right before Starfish.

The Church
heydaycvr.jpg

Re: NO,Thank you even more

> It's a very open floor plan: The yellow wall starts in the living room
> corner where it intersects with the red wall, and runs the entire length
> of the house, through the kitchen to the sun room, where it becomes
> paneling. There are three shades of yellow ragged into the wall.

> Yes, we painted the paneling that was there rather than tearing it off.
> IIRC, it didn't really need much in the way of prep work.

> Thanks for the compliments on the mission furniture. Mission (Arts &
> Crafts) era and Prairie School furniture and metalwork are a passion of
> ours. The rocker below is Roycroft. The desk is L&JG Stickley, the fixed
> back morris(sey) chair in the corner that you can see better in my earlier
> post is Gus Stickley, and the armchair is Harden. All circa 1910.

> The rug is hand knotted pakistani, but it is contemporary. The painting
> above the fireplace is our newest art acquisition. It is by Navajo artist
> David K. John. Abstract painting behind the rocker is one of two by a
> local artist named Drew Brock. The other is on the yellow wall just before
> the paneling (you can see it in the first sun room pic). And the banana
> painting in the living room and the haystack painting in the sun room, as
> well as 4 or 5 others throughout the house, are by my late father.

> It has taken about 8 years to acquire the pieces we have now. Ask me about
> the rabbit chafing dish some time if you want to see our pride and joy
The desk must have set you back a lot!It's beautiful, I absolutley love it. I noticed the painting over the fireplace right away.
I have a porch rocker and I'm hoping to find more. I just love the look of the mission furniture. I don't see the Mission furniture that much by me. The Adirondack chairs are everywhere, mostly reproductions, that people try to make look old.
Now tell me about your rabbit chafing dish I've heard so much about, perferably with pictures.

Back
Top Bottom