What concert/show are you going to go to next?

Going to see The Pet Shop Boys on Thursday for a bit of 80s nostaglia and then The Bluetones on Friday for LOADS of 90s nostalgia....!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Horrors on Sunday... Loving the album, not even NME voting it their fav of 2009 has put me off!

Imelda May tomorrow rather than in January.
Then, Buzzcocks at 53 Degrees in Preston. Again I'm spending Valentine's Day with old punks. Sort of punks. They're probably a bit crap these days too but I don't mind, it's quite a novelty for someone I like to play nearby.

TONIGHT:

revival.jpg

:guitar:

The Ann Arbor Rock and Roll Revival at The Blind Pig was SO GOOD last night!

Gorevette....*swoon*. They combine the perky girly retro pop of singer Nikki Corvette with hard edged rock and roll guitar assaults from half of The Gore Gore Girls. I have a total girl crush on guitarist Amy Gore. She just....coool.

gorevette2.jpg

Scott Morgan was there from Sonic's Rendezvous Band and The Rationals - Iggy Pop was once their drummer back when he was known as Jim Osterberg. Morgan opened with a great rendition of "Respect" - he covered it BEFORE Aretha, y'all - and the band blew me away with "Leavin' Here."

rationals.jpg

Hiawatha did an amazing cover of "I Wanna Be Your Dog." I saw him perform at the Ron Asheton tribute in January and he has such great stage presence. There's Scott Morgan again, this time on guitar.

hiawatha.jpg

Rock poster artist Carl Lundgren was there, as well as all sorts of local musicians and older fans whom I overheard reminiscing about the "old" days at the Grande Ballroom - stomping grounds of The Stooges, MC5, etc. - now abandoned and crumbling.

hat.jpg

^I wish this came out better. Old school fan lady w/ all sorts of old rock and roll pins and badges.

Emcee was Stanley T. Madhatter from the old Grande Ballroom. At one point he walked on stage and shouted "Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell!" :D:thumb:

The loudest cheer was when he mentioned The Stooges finally being inducted into The Hall of Fame. He also acknowledged the late Fred "Sonic" Smith, Rob Tyner and of course Ron Asheton.

And....I still get chills thinking of it....my favorite modern artist Niagara sat right next to me for a few songs! Two guys who had been sitting next to me left their seats mid-concert and Niagara and her husband The Colonel came down from the bar to sit closer to the stage. They were only there for a few songs and it was really loud so I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but her fishnets brushed up against my leg and she had the most gorgeous sparkly purse which I could have touched but didn't. :p She's very beautiful, VERY punk glamorous and she has the best, warmest laugh - an amazing lady!

Ahhh. I feel so...revived.

Last edited:
Final gig of the year tonight will be Madness at the hogmany celebrations. Outdoor gig and maybe snow ;).

To the rest of you have a great new year.

Jamie T at 53 degrees in Jan
DATK in Liverpool, Feb
Frank Turner in Manchester, Mar

I'm going to The Big Pink in january, Japandroids in february, Pavement in May...

Cirque Du Soleil at the Albert Hall tonight.

Jerry Sadowitz next week.

Back
Top Bottom