What happened to Morrisseytour.com...?

Unwitting Observer

i buried paul
I was just thinking about the site... I typed it in the address bar and some poker site came up!

Now, let me be clear: I WAS NOT a fan of those girls, but their site had some great information (archival, I mean)... pictures, setlists, etc....

What happened? It's a shame; all the information seems to be lost forever, I guess...

Now, let me be clear: I WAS NOT a fan of those girls....

That kind of attitude probably influenced their decision to retire. They got a lot of stick from some folks, I don't know why.

From some of the girls' comments though, I take it they needed to get over their collective obsession, for mental health* and financial reasons.

Last edited:
One of the contributors (not webmasters) is still with us and posts very long and detailed concert reviews, and gets stick for it.

Towards the end the site seemed more about her giving us updates on her life rather than anything about Morrissey. It was obvious she'd lost interest in him, all the last few reviews of gigs were her moaning that she was miserable and it wasn't like the old days. I got the impression she was one of those fans that preferred it when he wasn't having much success.

It was obvious she'd lost interest in him, all the last few reviews of gigs were her moaning that she was miserable and it wasn't like the old days. I got the impression she was one of those fans that preferred it when he wasn't having much success.

Well said!!

I used to enjoy reading morrisseytour.com during tours and it was a shame that the site went off line. It was always good for a bit of gossip and the lowdown. I don't know what the politics were but I just felt that they were becoming jaded with the whole thing and that maybe it had run it's course. Had the feeling that they were getting too close to the band and crew and that certain parties didn't like it. They've probably got better things to do with their lives nowadays as we all have to move on.

One of the last things they posted on the site was a review of the first London Palladium gig in 2006 which was quite critical of Morrissey and to be fair, having been there, I agreed with everything that they said. Agghh... that Palladium gig!!! I needed weeks of therapy to get over that one and I thought I had closure! NURSE!

I miss those Morrissey tour skanks.
Anyone here ever slip the wood to any of them?

I did not.

I met them in Ireland in 1999 and they were nice. I didn't really spend enough time talking to them to form an opinion beyond that.

The way the website just sort of stopped getting any updates made me think they just got bored with doing it or stopped being Moz fans. Either way, their site was cool back in the day.

One of the last things they posted on the site was a review of the first London Palladium gig in 2006 which was quite critical of Morrissey and to be fair, having been there, I agreed with everything that they said. Agghh... that Palladium gig!!! I needed weeks of therapy to get over that one and I thought I had closure! NURSE!

Yes, that Palladium review was the last thing I ever read on Morrisseytour.com - it was so horrible (the review I mean), and I got the impression that the love affair was well and truly over.

I guess the show really was as awful as they said - I'm so sorry that you had a terrible time. I crossed my fingers and flew over to catch the last few gigs - luckily the final Palladium show was spectacular.

True that it did decline rather quickly after other things took priority in their lives. But, really, that site was a lifeline was true fans during the 1999 - 2000 and 2002 tours. Not to mention the fact that they brought (relatively) substantive interviews with Spencer and Alain to the fans. With Morrissey-solo, it was a one-two punch for current Morrissey events.

I can still remember when I was working a crap job, living in a matchbox-sized apartment with my friend and his then-fiance and sneaking into the local university's computer lab to check the latest show review. ("No way - he played A SWALLOW ON MY NECK?!?") The riches of the poor, indeed.

Cheers,
Jamie

One of the contributors (not webmasters) is still with us and posts very long and detailed concert reviews, and gets stick for it.

Ah, I never paid attention to any contributor; basically was just talking about A. and co. Never gave them stick tho, just wasn't a fan of their particular "style of writing", shall we say.

I DID enjoy all the wonderful little interviews they got sometimes; the Alain and Spencer ones stick out in my mind quite a bit as being quite nice and different to the norm.

Towards the end the site seemed more about her giving us updates on her life rather than anything about Morrissey. It was obvious she'd lost interest in him, all the last few reviews of gigs were her moaning that she was miserable and it wasn't like the old days. I got the impression she was one of those fans that preferred it when he wasn't having much success.

I got that same impression, Danny. Very, very well put!!

Back
Top Bottom