What is currently your favorite television show(s)?

Steve McQueen doesn't spend 2 hours chasing balloons, being laughed at by dwarf mimes, or having internal monologues about the pointlessness of life while gazing at his reflection in a funhouse mirror...so, it's probably not your bag.

But he's hot. So it's watchable.

I haven't seen The Great Escape.

Here you go...

Might have been my imagination, but the similarities are striking.

Good film, The Great Escape. Based on a true story, and repeated on British television with extraordinary regularity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go...

Might have been my imagination, but the similarities are striking.

Good film, The Great Escape. Based on a true story, and repeated on British television with extraordinary regularity.

Good call.

Ever see Papillion with McQueen? Great movie. Another prison escape based on a true story.

Good call.

Ever see Papillion with McQueen? Great movie. Another prison escape based on a true story.

Yaaaa. Wonderful movie. :)

Today I've been watching a lovely old Sapphire & Steel story. The one set in the haunted train station...

Still genuinely creepy in places. I find it surprising that no-one has tried to remake it.

Finally getting around to watching True Detective and digging it so far. What's got into Matthew McConaughey lately? I'm actually liking him as an actor.

Pretty Little Liars season 5 just started. The premier and finales are always terrible, but hopefully it'll get back to the fun soon.
I'm watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Amazon prime. I'm loving it.

Crossbones is awful. I'm starting to question if I've overrated John Malkovich all these years. I've seen those exact same acting choices before but why do Lennie or Teddy KGB while playing a pirate? His beard isn't black. After Bernie Madoff stole his money he's been slumming it. At least he isn't over-enunciating everything like Julian Sands.

Crossbones is awful. I'm starting to question if I've overrated John Malkovich all these years. I've seen those exact same acting choices before but why do Lennie or Teddy KGB while playing a pirate? His beard isn't black. After Bernie Madoff stole his money he's been slumming it. At least he isn't over-enunciating everything like Julian Sands.
you're right "Crossbones" is surprisingly awful, "Black Sails" is much better
as for me, the shows I am like most are "Fargo" of course, "Penny Dreadful" &
Halt-and-Catch-Fire-101.jpg

"Halt and Catch Fire"
I strongly recommend it to anyone that has not seen it, I have already turned a couple of people onto it here in China
oh also, I burned through season two of "Orange is the New Black"
it was even better than the first one :thumb:

great show :thumb:

Had you heard of S&S before, Robby? It's very British.

So, Fargo, gone. I think it was about the most satisfying ten hours of telly I've seen in a very, very long time. The tone throughout was perfect and the denouement was both fitting and thrilling.

The performances were sensational, with Billy Bob Thornton particularly magnificent. I've already pre-ordered the box set. A ten out of ten.

cannot believe I got up this early on my day off to watch a soccer game

Had you heard of S&S before, Robby? It's very British.

So, Fargo, gone. I think it was about the most satisfying ten hours of telly I've seen in a very, very long time. The tone throughout was perfect and the denouement was both fitting and thrilling.

The performances were sensational, with Billy Bob Thornton particularly magnificent. I've already pre-ordered the box set. A ten out of ten.
Yes, I've seen all the episodes :) back in the 07-08 Writer's strike, my flatmate and I downloaded a bunch of old shows to "stock up" for viewing material
Sapphire & Steel was one of the gems we watched, how could it not be?
it had two of my favorite British actors starring in it, a storyline heavy on history and interesting science stuff
the sort of thing that would never get made in the USA :cool: it was a nice break from the normal fair :straightface:

Re: cannot believe I got up this early on my day off to watch a soccer game

I've just finished series six of Madmen, I got hooked. Looking around for something new.

Re: cannot believe I got up this early on my day off to watch a soccer game

I've finally got round to the Netflix version of House of Cards, and I'm very impressed.

I loved the original which seemed to fit perfectly into the era of the fall of Thatcher, so I wasn't sure if Spacey could emulate the unctuous creepiness of Ian Richardson's original portrayal of the character.

The truth is an actor of Spacey's calibre brings his own interpretation and it works beautifully. It also helps that a story about scheming politicians can be transplanted to any national or local government in the world.

A pleasant surprise.

lost_2215111k.jpg

Lost: all six seasons finished in 82 days.

Summertime Guilty Pleasure. A lotta dumdums and ego this year makes for much hilarity.

105015d0094b3.jpg

Last edited:
"Penny Dreadful" finished, I hope its back for another season, great last episode :thumb:
but some shows that I really like are back:
"True Blood" "Falling Skies" & "Longmire" but the new show I still really like though is:
tumblr_mzf087zYNN1qehkz7o1_500.jpg

Lee Pace is brilliant in it and some of the others do real good too, like there is this one scene where Kerry Bishé's character
is talking about how to fix a fried drive and if there is any coder geek in you at all, as a guy, its just :horny::blushing:

Every time Bob says OMG in Bob's Burgers.

How about that exorcism scene in Penny Dreadful? :squiffy: It's kinda bumming me out. :( f*** Mina, I've got zero agenda when I'm on the table this week.

Gomorra, the tv series based on the book that first became a film with the same name. This tv series is the best I have ever seen and completely blew me away. Very rare with films or tv series that require the viewer to think for him or herself rather than getting things explained along the way or in advance.

http://dreamfilm.se/series/details/5310-gomorra/

Back
Top Bottom