Poll When do you think we will hear news about BOT or WMTWD? Or both?

When?

• Total voters

Ryan

Notre-DAYUM!
Subscriber
When? It’s starting to get worrisome.

There are no signs anything is happening at all. I’m far from sure we’ll hear these albums before he’s in the ground.

When he's dead. That's when they can make most money off him/them.

It pains me that it'll (hopefully) be a very long time and he stays with us for many years to come.

I know I will be devastated when it does happen and it'll absolutely warrant a trip to Manchester. Smiths and M fans will descend on the city from all corners of the planet. Okay, that's enough of that.

M (or team), if you're reading this, if he's up to it, we would love a UK tour. It's been nearly a year and quite frankly I miss him dearly. It's weird not knowing if he will tour at all this year and some clarification would be helpful.

Of course, if he is still ill we would understand why we must wait but otherwise a tour announcement for the UK would make my spring/summer.

And is there any point ever having BoT or WMTWD?
Oh, I don't know

All I do know … is we're here and it's now

So...stretch out and wait.

:cool:

Even if Morrissey purchased BOT back from Capitol he's likely in the same scenario of not having a record company to release it. Otherwise, I think we would have heard something by now.

Last edited:
Sometime in the next decade one or both of them will leak. I doubt we'll get any official release while Morrissey is above ground. He's too stubborn to sign to anyone but a major label, and - understandably - none of them will touch him with a bargepole. He's more hassle than he's worth in terms of sales.

Maybe later this year? Hopefully... but so far it's been radio silent last few months aside from getting the new management

Not this year and possibly never at the rate things are going. I was feeling hopeful after the Fox interview where he said Capitol were willing to give the album back, but you'd think by now that there would've been a Central post entitled 'VICTORY' or something like that, stating that Morrissey had got the album back and was either in search of a deal or releasing it himself. It's been 5 months and we've had no album news, and nothing would surprise me if Capitol still have BOT so he can use that excuse for the lack of release.

As for WMTWD, Morrissey has complete control over whether we get to hear it or not, as he could easily make it available for purchase online or even sign to a small indie label who'd snap his hand off seeing as he's still a big name (I think?) I wonder if he thinks that as he waited 7 years for a deal between Maladjusted and YATQ, he's not in uncharted territory yet and is therefore willing to wait longer. Unfortunately time doesn't wait for anyone so I think he needs to hurry up and get them released. I don't think he's going to cark it anytime soon but what will his voice sound like in 10 years?

Not this year and possibly never at the rate things are going. I was feeling hopeful after the Fox interview where he said Capitol were willing to give the album back, but you'd think by now that there would've been a Central post entitled 'VICTORY' or something like that, stating that Morrissey had got the album back and was either in search of a deal or releasing it himself. It's been 5 months and we've had no album news, and nothing would surprise me if Capitol still have BOT so he can use that excuse for the lack of release.

As for WMTWD, Morrissey has complete control over whether we get to hear it or not, as he could easily make it available for purchase online or even sign to a small indie label who'd snap his hand off seeing as he's still a big name (I think?) I wonder if he thinks that as he waited 7 years for a deal between Maladjusted and YATQ, he's not in uncharted territory yet and is therefore willing to wait longer. Unfortunately time doesn't wait for anyone so I think he needs to hurry up and get them released. I don't think he's going to cark it anytime soon but what will his voice sound like in 10 years?
I'm hoping, if he doesn't get a record deal, he just keeps on recording studio albums so there'll be plenty of material with his voice still pristine and good

Back
Top Bottom