When Morrissey repeats himself every interview

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
There HAS to be something going on.

I could be wrong, but it seems like it's a script for him. I'm sure it's a script he feels passionately about, but I just refuse to believe that when asked what he's listening to and he DOESN'T ANSWER that he's hiding something. I like to pretend he secretly has an Adele CD in his car radio or kinda loves Arcade Fire, I dunno. I also refuse to believe (and you know how I can spin off on this topic) that someone so tied to the voice of something greater only listens to David Johansen and Patti Smith and whatever two other bands he ALWAYS mentions.

Now in his defense, it seemed like he was communicating something about 1974 :)p) and also he may be trying to reach Clash readers who aren't hyper aware of his position on the music industry like we are, but I thought being interviewed by the fresh new face in music he adores so much, he'd open up a tad and drop a few musician gems from TODAY that he's listening too. THat man has armor so thick it would take three nights of holding to strip away I feel.

But my favorite reply for a journalist question was that one he gave when he was asked about Some Girls Are Bigger Than Olthers and he said he had figured out how different the women are.

That's a very romantic notion, Crystal but if I can, allow me to proffer another.

He repeats himself because he is asked the same inane questions time and time again which sets him up to give the same inane answers time and time again.

Journalism once again is left wanting.

Last edited:
I'm ournalist and we need to ask our interviewee about two main things:
- Subjects which this person never replies poperly
- Subjects which made this person remarkable

Of course, there are lots of aspects that must be asked.... as polemic ones... or a new work this person did.

That's a very romantic notion, Crystal but if I can, allow me to proffer another.

He repeats himself because he is asked the same inane questions time and time again which sets him up to give the same inane answers time and time again.

Journalism once again is left wanting.

I'm ournalist and we need to ask our interviewee about two main things:
- Subjects which this person never replies poperly
- Subjects which made this person remarkable

Of course, there are lots of aspects that must be asked.... as polemic ones... or a new work this person did.

But Ryan Dooley isn't a journalist, he's a fellow musician. Morrissey should relax.

I guess I'm stupid romantic. Morrissey drives me bonkers. I love that man.

But Ryan Dooley isn't a journalist, he's a fellow musician.

Agreed. That's why I chose 'journalism' over journalist. If anything, my complaint is that editors seem to feel that you can throw anyone into the role of journalist these days. Jo Wiley speaks on music piracy, Alex James investigates the manufacture of cocaine, Fern Cotton interviews Prince William and the other one. Why? (Alex James may have snorted a small mountain of the stuff in his time, but is he an expert?) Because in this age, style over substance rules. Oh would you look at that, Morrissey and I agree.

As for Ryan Dooley, he did his best and got easy access due to an established relationship. My grumble doesn't lie with him but rather I'm having a curmudgeonly moan about the modern state of honest-to-God journalism.

Last edited:
Agreed. That's why I chose 'journalism' over journalist. If anything, my complaint is that editors seem to feel that you can throw anyone into the role of journalist these days. Jo Wiley speaks on music piracy, Alex James investigates the manufacture of cocaine, Fern Cotton interviews Prince William and the other one. Why? (Alex James may have snorted a small mountain of the stuff in his time, but is he an expert?) Because in this age, style over substance rules. Oh would you look at that, Morrissey and I agree.

As for Ryan Dooley, he did his best and got easy access due to an established relationship. My grumble doesn't lie with him but rather I'm having a curmudgeonly moan about the modern state of honest-to-God journalism.

I understand. I choose to pick my battles, or the ones that upset me. There's nothing I can do about the state of journalism or the music industry for that matter, shit changes and change sucks and maybe we're in an awkward transition time. I'd rather get all riled up and irate at people who litter. I can yell at them and say "PICK UP YER GODDAM TRASH YOU LAZY BUM!!!!" but I can't do anthing about the ebb and flow of pop culture and how it represents itself no matter how many times I bring it up. :p Now I sound carmudgeonny.

I think the truth is just that he doesn't listen to much new music in general - his head and his tastes are permanently stuck in the 1970s. But why say something as simple as that when it robs him of the chance to get in another dig at the music biz? Zzzz.

I just realized my carmudgeon example was an anti New York Dolls reference, since they don't want you to pick up your trash. I am SO in the Morrissey dog house. Not that it matters, f*** this place and all. :p

It's possible he likes Feist. But it's possible I'm confsing that sign I saw with Faust since vowels are free in my secret language and I basically sell my soul to the devil everytime I do the M word, so often. :D

It's possible he likes Feist. But it's possible I'm confsing that sign I saw with Faust since vowels are free in my secret language and I basically sell my soul to the devil everytime I do the M word, so often. :D

Folks, don`t wrorry about it.
If we stand Morrissey say all the same things for almos 30 years why should we complain about it now?

Folks, don`t wrorry about it.
If we stand Morrissey say all the same things for almos 30 years why should we complain about it now?

Because I'm trying to save him from hell.

Because I'm trying to save him from hell.

:rofl:

He needs people to support him by buying his music and seeing his concerts, and to be friendly and respectful and polite to him but otherwise to leave him alone with his friends and his family in his real life. He doesn't need schizophrenics trying to "save" him from anything.

:rofl:

He needs people to support him by buying his music and seeing his concerts, and to be friendly and respectful and polite to him but otherwise to leave him alone with his friends and his family in his real life. He doesn't need schizophrenics trying to "save" him from anything.

You should be polite to everybody, not just Morrissey. :cool:

Interesting response from someone with a nasty tendency to tell others to f*** off when her beliefs are challenged. Politeness only when it serves a purpose isn't genuine.

Yeah okay, "15-post-Juno." Be sure to get back to me on the nature of disingenuous after you've figured out that throwing money at Morrissey doesn't equal supporting him. What a genius. :rolleyes:

Also don't forget he'd rather be making cards with the mentally ill. So f*** off. :p

Yeah okay, "15-post-Juno." Be sure to get back to me on the nature of disingenuous after you've figured out that throwing money at Morrissey doesn't equal supporting him. What a genius. :rolleyes:

Hmm.... I think you either entirely ignored or entirely missed my point that as a living, breathing person he no doubt has an entire system of support which exists in reality. I fail to understand how turning a real person into your imaginary friend is in any way supporting them or otherwise doing anything for them at all (besides making them feel uncomfortable I suppose). Particularly if the forum for this "support" is literally an internet forum which they despise for its nastiness - and possibly for its collection of creepy stalkers.

Hmm.... I think you either entirely ignored or entirely missed my point that as a living, breathing person he no doubt has an entire system of support which exists in reality. I fail to understand how turning a real person into your imaginary friend is in any way supporting them or otherwise doing anything for them at all (besides making them feel uncomfortable I suppose). Particularly if the forum for this "support" is literally an internet forum which they despise for its nastiness - and possibly for its collection of creepy stalkers.

Can it, flaco.

Back
Top Bottom