Which of the NEW additions will be first to go?

Which of the NEW additions will be first to go?

• Total voters

Kuiper

Better than Marr
This is a strange question, I know. You might expect a thread asking which of the songs he has been playing for a while (Killed Me, LMKY, Boy Happy, et c.) to go first, but for every Disappointed and National Front Disco that is played at almost every show on a tour, there are five If You Don't Like Mes or Lucky Lisps which are quickly dropped after only a handful of performances.

*Also, the new song One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell is obviously excluded from the poll.

I hope it's London or Death of a Disco Dancer (ugh...). Wishful thinking, probably... with my luck it will be "Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?"

Just because Stretch Out And Wait is so underrated...

I'm betting he'll drop it soon...and it will be a tragedy

Kind of like he did with Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want back in 2002....

Look for Panic or Girlfriend In A Coma to return in its place :rolleyes:

Just because Stretch Out And Wait is so underrated...

I'm betting he'll drop it soon...and it will be a tragedy

Kind of like he did with Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want back in 2002....

Look for Panic or Girlfriend In A Coma to return in its place :rolleyes:

Please Please Please in 2002 could be the greatest live performance of his entire career. But that's a bold claim to make of course.

Panic I would love to hear again, the solo live version is so much better than the Smiths version, live or in studio. The guitar sounds better and heavier, a bit heavier sounding beat I think too, there seems to be something else different besides just the sound of the guitar. And I like the added touch of him singing "la-la-la-la-la-la-la" before the "burn down the disco" line.

Girlfriend in a Coma, on the other hand, while still a good song and one I would still enjoy hearing, I just don't think he needs to resurrect again.

i initially felt inclined to go with london, because i thought it seemed like it might tire him out but then i realized that most of these new songs have seemed a bit more rockin. i decided to go with stop me because it seems like it's been on and off for a while now and he just can't seem to make up his mind with that one....maybe he finally has though? as long as he keeps why don't you find out for yourself.....(and maybe adds now my heart is full, spring heeled jim, the more you ignore me.....:p)

This is a divine selection of songs, man if it wasn't for lack of money and fascist imigration I would travel to LA right now.

"London" will probably be the one, '95 class combined with "Billy Budd", but it's high class on all The Smiths' songs he has chosen. "Stop Me..." is far from my favourite but has found a very good place in the setlist. "Death Of A Disco Dancer" may disappear depending on it's reception, so if you're deciding to go crazy when it's played - don't go catatonic!

Nevermind, I'm worthless at this speculation, never mix wine and politics/Morrissey as they say.

Moz im sorry, but it has to be said, :o

I hate london, its awful, im really glad now that i'm not going to any of these US gigs as id'd be devastated if Moz saw me with my fingers in my ears and chewing my sleeve in pain.
*shudders*

Moz im sorry, but it has to be said, :o

I hate london, its awful, im really glad now that i'm not going to any of these US gigs as id'd be devastated if Moz saw me with my fingers in my ears and chewing my sleeve in pain.
*shudders*

lottie, do not be sorry, I hate London as well. The intro alone makes me cover my ears.

Please Please Please in 2002 could be the greatest live performance of his entire career. But that's a bold claim to make of course.

Panic I would love to hear again, the solo live version is so much better than the Smiths version, live or in studio. The guitar sounds better and heavier, a bit heavier sounding beat I think too, there seems to be something else different besides just the sound of the guitar. And I like the added touch of him singing "la-la-la-la-la-la-la" before the "burn down the disco" line.

Girlfriend in a Coma, on the other hand, while still a good song and one I would still enjoy hearing, I just don't think he needs to resurrect again.
He should drop Girlfriend In a Coma, there are far better Smiths songs to choose from. I hope he keeps Stop Me If You've Heard...

The only time I got to see him, he sang Girlfriend in A Coma, Panic and How Soon Is Now, but not Stop Me, Still Ill, or Last Night I Dreamt, even though those 3 were often played on that tour. My bad luck. :(

I'm a little bit envious because I didn't hear "why don't you find out for yourself?" and I won't be going to any more shows this year. I love "London" btw, and am glad to hear he is doing more rockers. I hope he is still in that mood when he records the next record.

i don't very much like the studio version of london. the live version, on the other hand, is pretty good.

im glad hes doing London. i enjoy that song. and im glad hes doing "why dont you find out for yourself." my 3rd fav on vauxhall, after speedway and now my heart is full. i wish he would get rid of death of a disco dancer. i probably dislike only 3 or 4 smiths songs. and this is one of them. cmon Moz. something better. Ask maybe? yes, i think so. either way, I heart you. :)

I happen to rather like all those songs, but i voted for Billy Budd because I feel like it just....doesn't fit or something. Or, even though I LOVE Disco Dancer, I feel like it may end up being too weak to keep. I have a feeling London will stay.

I'm not good at fully explaining reasonings.

Well, it's correct?

There's nothing in the question about how long it has to be gone, so one gig is enough, eh?
I hope for return, though. Only something new I would accept instead, but Shoplifters is great too for sure.

Back
Top Bottom