why do everyday i hear more and more people bad mouthing morrisey

Re: All the negativity in this forum is really annoying me, am I the only one?

If you subscribe to the theory that nature always strives to maintain an equilibrium, all the negativity here is creating a lot of positivity somewhere else on the big, bad Internet.

Good night, and remember.. don't have nightmares.

Denny's is a fancy restaurant we have here in America. There's only two of them, so if you make it to a table you are lucky, so lucky, so lucky, soooo...

I got a table at home so I don't care for tables at fancy restaurant. I got one that Chris Robinson of the Black Crowes sung about on his Magnificent Distance solo-album: The Never Empty Table! :thumb::D

I like balk1970's post. I don't think he's trying to actually make people stop complaining, but most of us probably imagine our complaints are more interesting to read then they are.

Oh, so true.... well, apart from mine.

I do think things frequently go to far on here...

It can be a bit annoying. It's not that I mind the negative comments, I mind negative comments from rude people. There are some mean people here who are always shooting people down, and trying to make witty remarks that basically say, "Look how dumb you are! Haha, I am better than you." I don't mind if somebody disagrees with something or someone, or if they make sarcastic, witty remarks (I find them quite funny), it just drives me nuts when people are being jerks for no reason. Same with the comments towards Morrissey. You can disagree and not like things he has done or said, but don't be arrogant and rude. I mean, if you do love him is there a need to be a jerk to him? I like Morrissey, but I am not much of a fan of his new stuff. That doesn't mean I go around here saying Morrissey and anybody who likes his new stuff are stupid.

The thing is a forum is where things relevant to a subject are discussed, and generally being positive is pointless and a discussion block when in a room of like minded souls. There's little point in saying such such is the most fabulous album ever made by anyone because we all agree.
On the other hand one of the finest lyricist the world has ever known taking on tour a band as support who have a song with the lyric "oh yeh baby" may petty as it may seem may piss someone off, like me for instance. This will produce more discussion and make a thread busier than one that just states you are the quarry was the finest comeback album ever. This might make a forum appear negative not so.

Billy, you know as well as I do there are some on here who couldn't eat a bowl of Bran Flakes without being rude about Morrissey. No one wants people who just go along with what he says BUT calling him a "wanker" and a "c***" and a "sell out" every five minutes is not really helpful. To these people Moz can do no right.
They are horrid about his mates, his support choices,his family, his music and even his choice of soft drink.
I think in their minds they think they are being witty and like Morrissey but they are normally hateful no nothings who really have little understanding of music, Morrissey and at times even their own motivation.

Personally I think that we all are here because we share a mutual passion for the man and his music. We can never agree on everything and we shouldn't but especially here on this forum we should respect each others opinions. And especially ban rudeness as I DO think we can have a discussion without being negative and rude while having different opinions. Again, I do not say you cannot criticize or have to agree on everything the man does just the general negative tone by many boardmembers is very annoying. Every single topic is spoiled by rude comments and unnecessary negative opinions on simply everything.

Personally I think that we all are here because we share a mutual passion for the man and his music. We can never agree on everything and we shouldn't but especially here on this forum we should respect each others opinions. And especially ban rudeness as I DO think we can have a discussion without being negative and rude while having different opinions. Again, I do not say you cannot criticize or have to agree on everything the man does just the general negative tone by many boardmembers is very annoying. Every single topic is spoiled by rude comments and unnecessary negative opinions on simply everything.

I agree. I cringe sometimes when I post a new thread because I can picture all the insults I'm going to get. I don't want everyone to be happy and positive, but how about some respect

Love, peace, and harmony? Maybe in the next world...

You people act like your lives are all sunshine and rainbows. That isn't the world...the world is a mean and ugly place filled with mean and ugly people. In a word - unforgiving. Why would you expect an internet forum to be any different?

I've been here since 2006. Nothing is ever going to change around here. You either live with it or you don't...the world still turns either way.

It is absurd anyway that people complain about whining and rudeness on a forum dedicated to someone who has whined and been rude to others his whole career! Sometimes I feel like I've been following a different Morrissey than the rest of you for the past 20 years.

Mr Viva... its about degrees dear... yes Moz moans and yes he can be foolish..but he is never, in public, as rude as the "fans" on here.
"It is absurd anyway that people complain about whining and rudeness on a forum dedicated to someone who has whined and been rude to others his whole career! Sometimes I feel like I've been following a different Morrissey than the rest of you for the past 20 years."

I know what you mean by the above quote BUT it also points out what I said in another post. People say the rudest things and their defence is Morrissey is rude or they make racist comments and say Morrissey is racist. The truth is it's the people being overly rude and racist that have got the wrong end of the stick.
There is an Oscar Wilde world of difference between Moz making a waspish remark or nine and the kind of tiny, silly games that go on here.
Even if Morrissey is overly rude and racist (he is neither in my mind), why take on the negative characteristics of a person? The reason a person would take on these characteristics is because they have none of the positive aspects of Morrisseys personality-charm,wit, style,loyalty (with his TRUE friends), poetic out look on life and other things

It isn't really about doing and being these things because Morrissey does them...it's about the same people who call others rude give Morrissey a pass for the same offences for no other reason than he's Morrissey.

People so quickly forget about (or don't care) the public wishes of death for certain figures from Morrissey. However, if it were ME who made these statements, I would be condemned, banned from the forum, and taken into custody by the Secret Service!

People tend to forget that the only real differences between him and the average Joe is money and talent...however, last time I checked, having money and talent doesn't mean you're above the standards all people are judged by.

People will let you get away with murder if they like you enough...real life and a large group of people on this forum have proven that much.

There are legitimate issues that fans care about and that someone working for Morrissey should care about and this forum provides an opportunity for people to give their opinions. That's really invaluable to both Morrissey and his fans. But there are also a lot of fans that have been fans forever that should really listen to Susan Boyle now. They hate life and I don't blame them but they want to spread it around too much. I met really nice people at Morrissey concerts so I don't know who these people are but some of them have been posting here on the front page forever. They're mostly English. I liked Irene though. Is she still around?

I know, right? Those people are almost as bad as the ones who like to stir up shit between members and then run off to safety to giggle about it...

I know, right? Those people are almost as bad as the ones who like to stir up shit between members and then run off to safety to giggle about it...

That's bad if you're not talking about me in which case I'm either innocent or had a good reason.

I never named names...but it is funny that you feel like you have at some point done things that need to be explained. Lol.

Well, it's more my style to set them fighting with themselves while I run off and laugh, but I've probably done a "did you see what they said? are you going to let them get away with that?" to some random lounge singer from Colorado.

Well, it's more my style to set them fighting with themselves while I run off and laugh, but I've probably done a "did you see what they said? are you going to let them get away with that?" to some random lounge singer from Colorado.

I'm more concerned about the slovenly, mentally unstable stalker who likes to whisper fictional stories in people's ears and send you a trolling PM just so they can edit your reply into what suits their agenda...and then denies the whole thing ever took place...and then somehow fools the whole forum into thinking they're a decent chap.

I'm more concerned about the slovenly, mentally unstable stalker who likes to whisper fictional stories in people's ears and send you a trolling PM just so they can edit your reply into what suits their agenda...and then denies the whole thing ever took place...and then somehow fools the whole forum into thinking they're a decent chap.

Shit. I've been rumbled.

Last edited:

This thread sucks.

Smurfs_Im_Grouchy-T-link.jpg

Negativity, some people just like the sound of there own voices a bit too much, metaphorically speaking seeing as you can't hear the written word, can you??????????????

Back
Top Bottom