Why does Moz get sick so often?

Why does Moz get sick so often?

• Because he shakes so many hands at gigs.

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Because he's a vegetarian.

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Because he does nothing to take care of his vocal chords (he has stated such).

Votes: 27 31.4%
  • He doesn't miss more gigs due to illness than any other major act.

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Another reason.

Votes: 23 26.7%

• Total voters
Hola, Adam!

Mmmm...I fear the devastation that would be caused by unleashing weaponized Moz virus on, say NYC. Couldn't you just target those directly responsible for depriving you of your beauty sleep?

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." — Lt. Ripley

I'm thinking about something a little more Jonestown. I could infuse a few truckloads of beer with it and offer free beer, but, really... that would only take out N__z and the cheap (insert your own stereotype)man that would foolishly take to the rancid tap after she was pried off.

I must consult with Jambi, as Pats is just screaming "Let them die!" over and over. (Yes, that's how sad the Gay League of Evil Entities Club is. Everyone wants to be lovable like that vile, brown-nosing Ellen.) Give me Uncle Arthur and Waylon Flowers and Madame any day.

Come to think of it... everyone knows that my love for Morrissey knows no bounds (except for where lady-parts might begin) but I think even Oscar Wilde (Himself!) would be disappointed in Morrissey. Did he have any pithy sayings about never standing up a crowd of idiots who have paid to adore oneself as much as one already does; and what of Scottish lads who would go gay for ya?

While I'm on the going gay for Morrissey thing... am I the only one who gets a bit of a creepy date-rape vibe from "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore"? ("It cannot be given, and so it must be taken..." blahblahblah "on the floor...") I suspect a young lad from Scotland had better be careful who he invites to his next birthday sleepover.

See... this is how I end up writing plots for Family Guy without even knowing it.

Last edited:
who are the fools or comedian say it's his vegetarianism??????
it's tiredness and not enough rest between gigs.
I've been a veggie for 20 years, I don't get ill so there.
Serena Williams is injured! are you going to blame that on her been vegetarian ?

I'm thinking about something a little more Jonestown. I could infuse a few truckloads of beer with it and offer free beer, but, really... that would only take out N__z and the cheap (insert your own stereotype)man that would foolishly take to the rancid tap after she was pried off.

:rolleyes:

Ripley quote classic!

While I'm on the going gay for Morrissey thing... am I the only one who gets a bit of a creepy date-rape vibe from "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore"? ("It cannot be given, and so it must be taken..." blahblahblah "on the floor...") I suspect a young lad from Scotland had better be careful who he invites to his next birthday sleepover.

See... this is how I end up writing plots for Family Guy without even knowing it.

Oh you are a caution!

But you're not the only one, though you are in the proud, twisted minority who think INYBA has some evil rape vibe goin' on. I like Moz the lyrical narrator as a chilling, evil motherf***er (as opposed to a warm, cuddly motherf***er). "Jack the Ripper" is a sublime example.

I've been thinking that "what cannot be given" and "so must be taken" is virginity. Think about it. Can you give virginity? Well, aside from vaginoplasty or that vaginal rejuvenation crap or operations that supposedly restore a hymen, it's something that can only be taken, not really given. I thought of this as I read Dan Savage's column about naming the act of unprotected anal sex between hetero teens doing it in a misguided bid to preserve vaginal virginity as "Saddlebacking" re: bigot Rick Warren's church. Of course, multiple readings are possible, but raping a virgin seems even more wrong, which means WIN for evil rapist Moz lyricist.

Serena Williams is injured! are you going to blame that on her been vegetarian ?

It was probably me.I've been veggie for 28 years and I'm never ill that was my point.He must be an unhealthy veggie.

maybe he's just a bit of a hypocondriact (however you spell it)

either way, I just hope he's better for Saturday.

It was probably me.I've been veggie for 28 years and I'm never ill that was my point.He must be an unhealthy veggie.

he's quoted as saying to PETA that he loves fruit, he wanted a meal of brown rice and peppers recently so I think he's doing very well diet wise x

Perhaps he's just delicate, or perhaps he has a secret identity....

395mattereaterladiaexpl.jpg

why is the greenman (not that greenman) blowing that rod

also, do Boz, Jesse, either Solomon, or Kris ever get sick?

they're people, too. they must get sick. travelling takes a lot out of you.

don't be so fast to point fingers or slam him.

When you travel a lot, you come across lot's of germs. I'm a C.N.A. and I can tell you that it's not surprise that he get's sick a lot when he's on tour. A lot of people do! being vegetarian probably helps out actually, b/c he eats lots of fruits and veggies!:)

Good question, but other than Alain not being able to go on stage due to severe back pain I can't think of a time when a gig was canceled due to band member sickness -- at least not announced as such.

There has to be at least a couple other examples -- anybody?

also, do Boz, Jesse, either Solomon, or Kris ever get sick?

they're people, too. they must get sick. travelling takes a lot out of you.

don't be so fast to point fingers or slam him.

I had a feeling there'd be some votes for that choice, so I included it.

It reads a bit blunt but the implication could be "...a vegetarian who doesn't compensate for the nutrients found in a meat diet".

I think anybody would agree that if all you ate was toast, you'd be in trouble health-wise. Similarly, if all you ate was steaks (James Ellroy as a teenager) you'd also be very sickly.

But I seem to remember Morrissey's rider being quite healthy and well-rounded. Maybe it's time to dig it up again (cue moderator).

I stick by my hands=petri dishes thing. Mel flipping this into "Moz infects the world" is hilarious.

not the most scientific kind of explanation, but he's not getting younger - unfortunately. I dearly wish I could see him with the same temperament like at the beginning of his solo carreer - or even '95 (Introducing...). but this just won't happen, we'll have to live with that.

Last edited:
Bit of a controversial poll, if only because people who've missed shows on this tour, including today's gig, are not the mood for this kind of analysis.

BUT, the reason for Moz' frequent illnesses is something a lot of people debate on the main page.

What exactly is it about Morrissey that leads to frequent cancellations due to illness? Or is the ratio of missed gigs to played not that much different than any other artist who puts on major tours?

i think it's his diva ways. i doubt he's sick half the time he cancels tour dates.

But I seem to remember Morrissey's rider being quite healthy and well-rounded. Maybe it's time to dig it up again (cue moderator).

I stick by my hands=petri dishes thing. Mel flipping this into "Moz infects the world" is hilarious.

You have never been in love
Until you've seen the stars
Genuflect to the reservoir
of disease

Sometimes I like to think of Moz himself as a particularly devastating and virulent disease, and I happily remain incurable.

I'd be curious to see a recent (2009) rider. Here's one from 2005. Apparently, the request has been put to The Smoking Gun years ago, but no document has turned up with regard to Morrissey on that site yet.

From what I've heard, his diet is improving. Vegetables and brown rice sounds terribly virtuous. But chatted with a local runner in Killarney recently, and sadly learned the food fetched for duh Man's lunch still features too much refined carbs in the form of non-wholegrain pasta. But maybe that was a mere supplement, and maybe Moz ate a low GI, well-balanced meal after all.

Back in 2002, at a titty bar I ran into a server from a posh restaurant where Moz dined before the show. He said Moz had angel hair pasta with basil and tomatoes. Sounds about right.

Said titty bar was very interesting, populated with male and female Moz fans (was near the Moz venue). My fave dancer stripped fully nude to Joy Division. I tipped her $20 for keepin' it real (including the boobs) and her excellent taste in music. She was too wholesome to be my type, but she was really sweet and charming.

Tags
he's old
Back
Top Bottom