Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

No, but he was just being pessimistic about people getting on with each other. He said the said the same thing about living with someone.
Possibly, but I’d defy you to believe that if you read it in context.

I would scrap welfare.

It would be the quickest way to ensure an exodus of the migrants. They'd flee!
That wasn’t what I asked. I’m curious about the payments you receive. The way I see it, you’re either contributing or you’re draining and we all know you ain’t contributing a thing. Come on, reel. What do you do for your country?

That wasn’t what I asked. I’m curious about the payments you receive. The way I see it, you’re either contributing or you’re draining and we all know you ain’t contributing a thing. Come on, reel. What do you do for your country?
Jesus. Are you JFK today?

I work in the black ops department of MI5 so watch it.

People are always contributing through one form or another. Road Tax, council tax, VAT, TV licence, taxes on fags, alcohol and on and on and on it goes.

Morrissey was also a rare open supporter of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act (1994).

Morrissey was also a rare open supporter of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act (1994).

Is it likely he meant it bearing in mind how arch all of his interviews used to be? He mostly spent his time trying to shape camp jokes.

He's dating a foreigner, so he didn't do very well. Practically nothing he says can be taken literally.
Have you seen The South Bank Show, where he releases his anger outside of (and about) the social housing that replaced his childhood home? You can take it literally.

Back
Top Bottom