Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

I see so many people who seem like caged animals, and it’s hard not to think that they behave that way because it is that way.

But we would certainly not be the first context to imagine we’re at a tipping point, only to find out that there is much more of the same to come.

We're the only animals who built our own zoo enclosure.

I didn't want to feel any strong emotions, either way and it did the job. I wanted to feel numb. Now I feel numb without the need for it.
That’s an incredibly common experience. I remember speaking to you about religious music ages ago. I’ve since resolved to get my new addition baptised; into the Catholic Church obviously—where the best tunes are.

That’s an incredibly common experience. I remember speaking to you about religious music ages ago. I’ve since resolved to get my new addition baptised; into the Catholic Church obviously—where the best tunes are.

My best friend, he's currently biking across Europe, In Holland atm, I think...always visits old churches.......even though he's a lapsed Irish Catholic that doesn't believe in God. Went to Joan of Arcs house the other day.

Aww, is there a baby Hove? Congratulations.

Sometimes pop music....just doesn't cut it.......maybe it's because i'm getting old.
My listening is split: alone it’s inevitably jazz or choral music. Pop, including Morrissey, is now for the gym or running mostly. But there’s several hours of that in a week, so I’m not really missing out.

I would love to be in the thrall of a new band or artist though, but that hasn’t happed for about six or seven years.

My listening is split: alone it’s inevitably jazz or choral music. Pop, including Morrissey, is now for the gym or running mostly. But there’s several hours of that in a week, so I’m not really missing out.

I would love to be in the thrall of a new band or artist though, but that hasn’t happed for about six or seven years.

The only real listening pleasure i get from new music is mainly listening to Cery's Matthew's Sunday morning show on BBC Radio 6, when she plays music from all over the world. I can't really stand "rock" or "alternative" music anymore....new stuff that is. I find it repetitive and boring. As bad as grime or "urban" music. I'd rather listen to Billy Joel.

The only real listening pleasure i get from new music is mainly listening to Cery's Matthew's Sunday morning show on BBC Radio 6, when she plays music from all over the world. I can't really stand "rock" or "alternative" music anymore....new stuff that is. I find it repetitive and boring. As bad as grime or "urban" music. I'd rather listen to Billy Joel.
Brilliant songwriter. Springsteen and Joel? You like your Jewish rock stars. Lou Reed too?

Brilliant songwriter. Springsteen and Joel? You like your Jewish rock stars. Lou Reed too?

I did my CSE English talk on Bruce Springsteen. Yere, Springsteen, Billy, Lou and the Velvet Underground and Tom Waits were my early heroes. Still are. Musically, at least. Add in a bit of Dylan, L Cohen and N Young.

I did my CSE English talk on Bruce Springsteen. Yere, Springsteen, Billy, Lou and the Velvet Underground and Tom Waits were my early heroes. Still are. Musically, at least. Add in a bit of Dylan, L Cohen and N Young.
Just listened to Piano Man, as you’ve stirred me with that list.

I always have a Dylan song on my gym playlist; presently it’s Baby Stop Crying.

Interesting observation re lack of anyone whether band or artist coming through in last 7 years and I think you're right on the money with that, dire situation really. Moz is top of my music collection obviously but over 30 plus years I've kept an eye & ear out for emerging guitar based talent (someone with talent and an edge who can crossover but isn't necessarily viewed as mainstream), last few years has been dreadful. I had high hopes for Stockport based Blossoms with their debut (I think) single called Blown Rose and a cupla decent tracks followed but somebody from 'the industry' has definitely turned their heads with losdsamoney and their now just a generic pop band with daft haircuts who appeal to the kids, what a waste!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom