YATQ 20th Anniversary Special: Jan 26th - Kia Forum, CA / 27th, 2024 - Honda Center, CA (December 1, 2023)

IMG_5518.jpeg

MORRISSEY will perform YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety. Celebrating the landmark album's 20th anniversary, two globally exclusive performances in Southern California: Honda Center in Anaheim on Friday, January 26 and Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 27. Tickets on sale Friday, December 8 at 10AM PT

https://www.ticketmaster.com/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarry marked the end of the classic MOZ sound and the start of jesse's amateur sounding chug rock era!

After Quarry came out is when jesse join the band and everything started slowly going down hill musically. 20 years later and jesse has proven to be Moz's weakest guitarist and collaborator.... it would be so great if he finally cuts him loose after 20 years of mediocre service and bring back the lads... that would be so great!

Quarry was an album dominated by Alain whyte co writes!
Makes no sense if he isn't apart of the Quarry Anniversary shows!
I could not agree more. Everything you said is true. Good post.

Looking forward to this one being cancelled too.

Quarry marked the end of the classic MOZ sound and the start of jesse's amateur sounding chug rock era!

After Quarry came out is when jesse join the band and everything started slowly going down hill musically. 20 years later and jesse has proven to be Moz's weakest guitarist and collaborator.... it would be so great if he finally cuts him loose after 20 years of mediocre service and bring back the lads... that would be so great!

So basically he just needs Alain Whyte's current band. Although I'd keep Brendan Buckley on drums.

Wow!

I played the whole album through for the first time in years the other week - five of the 13 tracks are really not good. The opener remains one of the worst things he’s ever done.

Maybe we’ll finally hear the YATQ version of Home Is A Question Mark as an encore.

Yeah.

But, Morrissey won’t let Jesse go because Jesse is his friend. There is no real professional relationship there at all. Which is bad business.

The more I think about it, though, I feel like maybe it’s not all Jesse’s fault that we don’t have them around anymore. Boz is living his life to the fullest and having a blast doing his own thing with his family and friends. For a long time he looked bored to death on stage with Morrissey. As for Alain, maybe there is a clash between him and Jesse, I don’t know, but Alain does have a professional relationship with Morrissey and he knows when to step away.

So…it’s about his love for Jesse. Just like when he loved Screechteen Young and he tortured us for years having her on tour, and…did he enjoy it? Maybe?! 😂

Perth cancelled due to "logistic reasons" and the Asian leg bar Tokyo cancelled due to "technical difficulties" - surely a tour manager exists mainly to prevent these problems?

Wrong title, it should be: MORRISSEY will cancel YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety. Celebrating the landmark album's 20th anniversary, two globally exclusive performances in Southern California: Honda Center in Anaheim on Friday, January 26 and Kia Forum in Los Angeles on Saturday, January 27. Tickets on sale Friday, December 8 at 10AM PT

Perth cancelled due to "logistic reasons" and the Asian leg bar Tokyo cancelled due to "technical difficulties" - surely a tour manager exists mainly to prevent these problems?
Please don’t mention tour managers, it summons The Folk Devil.

Was it ever confirmed if the album title was intended to be speaking to himself? Since it’s stylised as “Morrissey, you are the quarry” I’ve always read it as him telling himself that he is the quarry.

Kinda neat how many album titles have word play. Your Arsenal, this, Swords, et al.

Back
Top Bottom