You Are the Quarry title

platforms

Hello everyone.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've just noticed a song on the Johnny Marr and the Healers album 'Boomslang' called 'You Are the Magic' (Note the exact same grammar in the title).

As the album was released 2003 and You Are the Quarry 2004, I just wonder if Morrissey was poking a bit of fun at Marr on this one.

Sorry if this has already been covered...

Don't recall that being mentioned before (but it may well have been, Kewpie?). Interesting!

Hello everyone.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I've just noticed a song on the Johnny Marr and the Healers album 'Boomslang' called 'You Are the Magic' (Note the exact same grammar in the title).

As the album was released 2003 and You Are the Quarry 2004, I just wonder if Morrissey was poking a bit of fun at Marr on this one.

I bought it. I used to use it as a coaster but my coffee mugs would have none of it. Now I use it to scrape dog sh*t off my shoes (the said excrement doesn't like that too much either).

Just kidding, but it really is an embarrassment to Marr.

Hello everyone.

Just for the referance, almost four years ago the exact question was asked:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=22776

;)

what about the comma (morrissey, you are the quarry as opposed to morrissey-you are the quarry or whatever)? i assume that has been referenced before. can you hit me up with a link to a thread where it was discussed previously?

sorry, just found one. the search function has been messing with me recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom