“Interlude” reissue confirmed for April's RSD, 2024 (February 15, 2024)

MorrisseySiouxsie.jpg

"Interlude" is a 1968 song written and composed by Georges Delerue and Hal Shaper and originally performed by American soul singer Timi Yuro. It is the title track for the 1968 film of the same name. In 1994, the song was covered in a duet by Morrissey and Siouxsie Sioux and released as a single in August of that year by EMI. It was presented under the banner of "Morrissey & Siouxsie".

Related item:

Boz Boorer's production on this record is sublime. Capturing the true essence of both Siouxsie's & Morrissey's voice, this recording is magnificent.

Swap Paris for either I’d Love To, Symphonies or You Were Good…and I’ll buy it on release day. Full price and all.

What about In Your Lap? Morrissey said it’s his favourite song off that album. I never hear it talked about much.

acton rsd has lost its meaning over the years,it was meant to help independant shops,but the big hitters are charging over the odds now.
Correct Gordy, the only people making money from it are the ones who buy then sell on ebay etc, i have lots of RSD items ive bought over the years but im not standing in a queue for ages to be told my item is no longer available so i go on ebay. Of course you pay over the odds but i think its the easiest way.
I remember the disappointment of a couple of years back with the Sandie Shaw 12", very poor release, they stuck the version on the a side that sounds like it was mixed underwater, not the original single version.
Interlude looks like like they have done a decent job, we shall see.

What about In Your Lap? Morrissey said it’s his favourite song off that album. I never hear it talked about much.
Personally, I think it’s not very good.

There is a Morrissey-only version, right? I think I preferred that one.

Imagine this: as an encore, Morrissey comes out with just acoustic guitar and piano accompaniment and sings "Interlude" before launching into a full-on rocker to close the show.

There is a Morrissey-only version, right? I think I preferred that one.

Imagine this: as an encore, Morrissey comes out with just acoustic guitar and piano accompaniment and sings "Interlude" before launching into a full-on rocker to close the show.
I know, right?

I’ve always thought it was a beautiful version of the song. I don’t understand why people don’t like it. Anyhow, I can’t find it for sale anywhere.

I’ve always thought it was a beautiful version of the song. I don’t understand why people don’t like it. Anyhow, I can’t find it for sale anywhere.
Plenty like the soft moonlit velvet of the song.

It's included in the 1997 compilation album, The Best of Morrissey
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suedehead:_The_Best_of_Morrissey

Not to be confused with the 2001 similarly-named collection.

NME have the RSD list - https://www.nme.com/news/music/record-store-day-2024-full-list-releases-vinyl-3588062

There's no information about how many copies.
There have been runs on average of 1000-5000 (some higher). Sandie RSD 2022 was ~1500. There's ~260 shops in the UK participating and they'll get stocked probably by size & relationship with reps. Also keep in mind this is Parlophone not Universal like previous RSD and they may print more or less.
It also explains why some places like Rough Trade can re-sell left over stock a couple of days after (non-UK collectors can try there).
They are showing Interlude @ £27.99 which is very steep for a 3 trk 12".
I'd guess about 1-3k copies, but it will become apparent when a record with a known amount charts alongside Interlude in the vinly category post-RSD.
FWD.

Personally, I think it’s not very good.
The songs I'm thinking of need Moz to really open the pipes at some point. In Your Lap has that lovely piano bar atmosphere but never really gets big. Now My Heart is Full could replace Paris.

The songs I'm thinking of need Moz to really open the pipes at some point. In Your Lap has that lovely piano bar atmosphere but never really gets big. Now My Heart is Full could replace Paris.
And the lyrics are crap. Otherwise I agree with you.

The 1994 duet released by EMI "was presented under the banner of "Morrissey & Siouxsie". 1LP, 180g Gold Vinyl."

That reads a bit like the previous single also got gold vinyl treatment. An incorrect inference from run-in sentences?

From

More here - https://thevinylfactory.com/features/the-official-list-of-record-store-day-2024-releases/

Last edited:
Lyn Boorer confirming the B-Sides:

Screenshot_20240406-161458~3.png

img_1_1712416509117~2.jpg

Same as previously released.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom