2013 baseball season

Chris Capuano only allowed one run in seven innings in his start against the Reds in July. That's not chump change statistics.

Chris Capuano only allowed one run in seven innings in his start against the Reds in July. That's not chump change statistics.
yes, more than once he this season he pitched a good game :rolleyes:
after all, he is 4 & 7, despite his 4.34 ERA :cool: putting him at a career record 10 games below .500 & 4.28 ERA :eek:
yet in spite of those numbers, I do want him on the playoff roster because he is a lefty who can go long and sometimes pitches OK :thumb:
the one guy I know for sure who does not belong on the playoff pitching roster is Brandon League :sick:
should Mattingly put him on just because he was good in the past rather than someone deserving like:
Fife who can pitch long
or
Withrow who seems lucky
or my choice for League's spot
Mármol who has really improved since coming over to the Dodgers and I know Honeycutt has been singing his praises
basically, if Mattingly does not listen to him(Honeycutt) about what pitchers to take to the playoffs, I have very low hopes as to any positive outcomes
Mattingly simply knows 0 about managing pitchers, he has shown that time and time again, the Dodgers still have good pitching in spite of him, cerntainly not because of him...

yes, more than once he this season he pitched a good game :rolleyes:
after all, he is 4 & 7, despite his 4.34 ERA :cool: putting him at a career record 10 games below .500 & 4.28 ERA :eek:
yet in spite of those numbers, I do want him on the playoff roster because he is a lefty who can go long and sometimes pitches OK :thumb:
the one guy I know for sure who does not belong on the playoff pitching roster is Brandon League :sick:
should Mattingly put him on just because he was good in the past rather than someone deserving like:
Fife who can pitch long
or
Withrow who seems lucky
or my choice for League's spot
Mármol who has really improved since coming over to the Dodgers and I know Honeycutt has been singing his praises
basically, if Mattingly does not listen to him(Honeycutt) about what pitchers to take to the playoffs, I have very low hopes as to any positive outcomes
Mattingly simply knows 0 about managing pitchers, he has shown that time and time again, the Dodgers still have good pitching in spite of him, cerntainly not because of him...

I think your assessment of Mattingly isn't exactly fair considering they're in the playoffs, he's doing something right.

I just saw a guy at the gas station in full Dodger get-up. I said "I'm going tomorrow!" and he said "Hopefully they'll do better." Not catching the score I asked him what it was thinking they totally bombed..."It was 1-0 when we left at the seventh inning."

Okay for starters, WHO LEAVES A GAME ONE RUN DOWN AT THE SEVENTH INNING? THat's when the game STARTS! And also, losing by one run is not indicative of a sad face, that's a flippin' BLIP!

Anyway, i'll be at the last regular season game. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to sneak another in but my friend won some $65 seats at a bar raffle last night so it's a day game to say "go gettum!" in the playoffs. (I can't afford playoff tickets. :p) Hopefully I don't literally get sunburnt, I hate day games. Bleh. Sometimes I go up and hang out with the handicapped people in the wheelchairs if I get too scorched. :o

We can be cold and trump hotlanta. :cool:

Here's the schedge:

---------------------------------------------------

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Tiebreaker: Rays at Rangers, Monday, 8:07 p.m. ET, TBS

Wild Card: Rays or Rangers at Indians

Division Series: Wild Card at Red Sox | Tigers at A's

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Wild Card: Reds at Pirates

Division Series: Wild Card at Cardinals | Dodgers at Braves

2013 MLB POSTSEASON SCHEDULE

NL WILD CARD GAME

Reds at Pirates, Tuesday, 8:07 p.m. ET, TBS

AL WILD CARD GAME
Rays or Rangers at Indians, Wednesday, 8:07 p.m. ET, TBS

NL DIVISION SERIES A

Game 1: Reds/Pirates at Cardinals, Thursday, TBS

Game 2: Reds/Pirates at Cardinals, Friday, TBS or MLBN***

Game 3: Cardinals at Reds/Pirates, Oct. 6, TBS

*Game 4: Cardinals at Reds/Pirates, Oct. 7, TBS or MLBN***

*Game 5: Reds/Pirates at Cardinals, Oct. 9, TBS

NL DIVISION SERIES B

Game 1: Dodgers at Braves, Thursday, TBS

Game 2: Dodgers at Braves, Friday, TBS or MLBN***

Game 3: Braves at Dodgers, Oct. 6, TBS

*Game 4: Braves at Dodgers, Oct. 7, TBS or MLBN***

*Game 5: Dodgers at Braves, Oct. 9, TBS

AL DIVISION SERIES A
Game 1: AL Wild Card at Red Sox, Friday, TBS or MLBN***

Game 2: AL Wild Card at Red Sox, Oct. 5, TBS

Game 3: Red Sox at AL Wild Card, Oct. 7, TBS or MLBN***

*Game 4: Red Sox at AL Wild Card, Oct. 8, TBS

*Game 5: AL Wild Card at Red Sox, Oct. 10, TBS

AL DIVISION SERIES B

Game 1: Tigers at Athletics, Friday, TBS or MLBN***

Game 2: Tigers at Athletics, Oct. 5, TBS

Game 3: Athletics at Tigers, Oct. 7, TBS or MLBN***

*Game 4: Athletics at Tigers, Oct. 8, TBS

*Game 5: Tigers at Athletics, Oct. 10, TBS

NL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Game 1: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 11, TBS

Game 2: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 12, TBS

Game 3: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 14, TBS

Game 4: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 15, TBS

*Game 5: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 16, TBS

*Game 6: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 18, TBS

*Game 7: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 19, TBS

AL CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Game 1: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 12, FOX

Game 2: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 13, FOX

Game 3: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 15, FOX

Game 4: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 16, FOX

*Game 5: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 17, FOX

*Game 6: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 19, FOX

*Game 7: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 20, FOX

WORLD SERIES

Game 1: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 23, FOX

Game 2: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 24, FOX

Game 3: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 26, FOX

Game 4: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 27, FOX

*Game 5: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 28, FOX

*Game 6: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 30, FOX

*Game 7: TBD @ TBD, Oct. 31, FOX

actually, I do like our chances in the first round vs the Braves, even with no Kemp and possibly no Either* :eek:
after that, who knows :confused: but it sure would be nice not to face the Cards :cool:

*=here hoping he can at least pinch hit & start by the 2nd round :thumb:

f*** St. Louis. We can beat the goddam cards.

(I drunk. But still.)

Okay Robby, here's the deal. My grandpa is pushing 90. HUGE Dodger fan, used to take my dad to the Coliseum to see them. THen my dad got all punk and started rooting for the Angels when he moved to Orange County ("Because it's cleaner and safer down here, Aim.") but my grandpa stayed true to the ghetto. He's more of a Lakers fan and could give a shit about the Kings, but he'd LOVE a Dodger win before he kicks it and goddamit, I want to give him one. :cool: (Not that I have anything to do with them winning, I'm just talking drunk. Lol.) I might go watch the first playoff game with him come to think of it...

228105_1950473569146_4326481_n.jpg

OMG scandalous he's drinking his grand daughter! No but srsly, Orville deserves a win. :thumb:

Last edited:
Okay Robby, here's the deal. My grandpa is pushing 90. HUGE Dodger fan, used to take my dad to the Coliseum to see them. THen my dad got all punk and started rooting for the Angels when he moved to Orange County ("Because it's cleaner and safer down here, Aim.") but my grandpa stayed true to the ghetto. He's more of a Lakers fan and could give a shit about the Kings, but he'd LOVE a Dodger win before he kicks it and goddamit, I want to give him one. :cool: (Not that I have anything to do with them winning, I'm just talking drunk. Lol.) I might go watch the first playoff game with him come to think of it...

228105_1950473569146_4326481_n.jpg

OMG scandalous he's drinking his grand daughter! No but srsly, Orville deserves a win. :thumb:
it has been 25 years :straightface: I remember, I was 15, went with my dad to "Game 1" in 88 :eek:
I consider it one of the happiest memories of my life :o so yeah, here's hoping they win one b4 ur gramps kicks it :o or
1ablog-vinscullyx-large.jpg

he does...

it has been 25 years :straightface: I remember, I was 15, went with my dad to "Game 1" in 88 :eek:
I consider it one of the happiest memories of my life :o so yeah, here's hoping they win one b4 ur gramps kicks it :o or
1ablog-vinscullyx-large.jpg

he does...

He can't die, he just signed a year contract. :D

Robby, I bought this ticket:

10075093333_fca5030c9b_z.jpg

FORGETTING I have a Calexico show in San Diego I can't miss. SO I had to flip it on Stub Hub. $125 top deck is a tad steep but ROW A!!!! I'm so pissed. I srsly doubt I could get from DOdger Stadium to Solano Beach in an hour. I gotta skip. :tears:

Problem solved, bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I was hoping they'd sweep the Braves...now not so much. :p

10075487406_24eef25ab6_z.jpg

Problem solved, bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping they'd sweep the Braves...now not so much.

10075487406_24eef25ab6_z.jpg

well, maybe you got tix to the series clencher :)
but there is less a chance of that since they gave 1 to the Braves today :(, stranding all those baserunners* :confused:
still, they can win the next 2 at home and save "The Kersh" for Game 1 of the NLCS hopefully :thumb:
rather than wasting him on having to beat the Braves in 5 :o

*=14 baserunners, only 3 of which scored and 1 by HR! 21% won't get it done :straightface:
I pray that this game is just an anomaly, too many times have I seen my Dodgers get baserunners and throw them away :crazy:

Last edited:
well, maybe you got tix to the series clencher :)
but there is less a chance of that since they gave 1 to the Braves today :(, stranding all those baserunners* :confused:
still, they can win the next 2 at home and save "The Kersh" for Game 1 of the NLCS hopefully :thumb:
rather than wasting him on having to beat the Braves in 5 :o

*=14 baserunners, only 3 of which scored and 1 by HR! 21% won't get it done :straightface:
I pray that this game is just an anomaly, too many times have I seen my Dodgers get baserunners and throw them away :crazy:

Stranding your men on is the most effective way to demoralize a team.

It's a travesty the Reds fired Dusty Baker. In the twelve years, before Dusty became manager, the Reds didn't make the playoffs once. Not once. In ten of those twelve years the team had a losing record. Dusty became the Reds manager in 2008. He guided the team to the playoffs in three of those six years. True, they didn't win any of the playoff series they participated in but he still should get a lot of credit for turning the Reds' fortunes around. It's a damn shame if you ask me.

Dusty Baker.jpg

Dusty Baker

I make my television debut tonight, kids. :cool: Look for me in the front row of the nosebleeds, over home plate towards first. Can't wait. I'll be the one in blue.

Uuuureeeeebaaaaaaaaaay!!!

It's a travesty the Reds fired Dusty Baker. In the twelve years, before Dusty became manager, the Reds didn't make the playoffs once. Not once. In ten of those twelve years the team had a losing record. Dusty became the Reds manager in 2008. He guided the team to the playoffs in three of those six years. True, they didn't win any of the playoff series they participated in but he still should get a lot of credit for turning the Reds' fortunes around. It's a damn shame if you ask me.

View attachment 16390

Dusty Baker
yeah, Dusty deserved better than that :o I am sure he will get at least one more chance at managing a team if he wants
and oh yeah, its taken a while, but I forgive him for managing the Giants for a time :eek::lbf:
moving on
at first I did not like Mattingly's move to start "the Kersh" on less rest :confused:
but since they won, I think its great now :p
& I am now looking forward to the NLCS, especially if the Buccos can upset the Cards, that would mean that the Dodgers would have home field advantage versus them* :guitar:

*=the Pirates

I'm GLAD we're playing the cards. :cool: Fredbird can suck it.

Back
Top Bottom