A$AP Rocky would like to work with Morrissey

At 28:30
"I might have to f*** with Morrissey, on some Smiths shit," he said. "Make some emo, real, retro-infusion, motherf***in' 2018 shit, man."

He's worked with Rod Stewart and Moby, so why not Moz? There is a huge demographic to be gained here.

Rock is dead. Real music is dead. We have devolved to the point where regular people, people with no specialized talent are making the songs we hear on the radio, internet. This guy is not a musician, which means he cannot create music and he cannot sing. He has a very limited vocabulary and education which means he has very limited points of reference and worldview. Anyone, I mean anyone could knock out his "lyrics" in 10 minutes.

Morrissey is not a musician but at least he relies on human beings to "create" and then play an actual song. Morrissey is still a GREAT singer with a unique voice. Morrissey used to be a GREAT writer of lyrics. Unfortunately he has lost his way there but he has left behind many beautiful examples of his writing brilliance.

God, has it come to this? No. Obviously he would never work with anyone who doesn't have talent beyond that of just a regular person, but hopefully he does eventually work with someone else because his solo career has run its course.

uncleskinny gets funnier all the time.

Think about this. Who would be the one doing the favor in agreeing to the collaboration? And since both of their egos would step forward to help the guy who needs the boost, I’m guessing they would be clashing from the beginning. Plus, just yuck! The whole idea just makes me wince.

It's gonna happen. Get ready for A$AP Moz.

I reckon me think I have seen this chap hangin' with lil' Sammy at The Viper Room sometimes.

Bullshit, I’ve been there a number of times, they don’t let trailer park kids in. You really need to stop living in your fantasy world Aztec,

"I might have to f*** with Morrissey, on some Smiths shit," he said. "Make some emo, real, retro-infusion, motherf***in' 2018 shit, man."

:sleeping:

:sleeping:

At least he is sincere. He wants to f*** with Morrissey and he says it. Most haters here don't dare to say it.

Rock is dead. Real music is dead. We have devolved to the point where regular people, people with no specialized talent are making the songs we hear on the radio, internet. This guy is not a musician, which means he cannot create music and he cannot sing. He has a very limited vocabulary and education which means he has very limited points of reference and worldview. Anyone, I mean anyone could knock out his "lyrics" in 10 minutes.

Morrissey is not a musician but at least he relies on human beings to "create" and then play an actual song. Morrissey is still a GREAT singer with a unique voice. Morrissey used to be a GREAT writer of lyrics. Unfortunately he has lost his way there but he has left behind many beautiful examples of his writing brilliance.

God, has it come to this? No. Obviously he would never work with anyone who doesn't have talent beyond that of just a regular person, but hopefully he does eventually work with someone else because his solo career has run its course.

You sound like the Jazz guys when rock took over. Rock is dead because it hasn't evolved. The end.

Only a handful of so-called "rock" artists are doing anything progressive, and the rest are still wondering what happened to grunge, and hair metal.

This man's uneducated? You think Morrissey is educated? It's a pose. Morrissey sounds about as ignorant, uncultured, and superficial as they come when given free reign to speak. He just knows how to appear poetic. He's a dramatist whose run out of things to dramatize.

You're just old. It's time to start planting bulbs, dressing for comfort, and hating minorities.

Just kidding, I'm sure you're a sweetheart.

Not really. He turned down the Damon Albarn request but I think interlude was the last time I can recall that he attempted a duet. This would be more of a guest piece I'm thinking. I don't think he'd do it just to piss people off but he might be tempted just by the newness oddness of it. When you get older I imagine he's looking to for interesting experiences rather than legacy preservation etc. now I don't know if he'd think the results would be worth the experience hence I don't think he'll really do something like this but It might be tempting. Would certainly get some press

There was a request from Damon Albarn to work with Morrissey? Now that could have been amazing imo. Was it a Gorillaz project or...?

who would want to work with someone where every second word is f*** or shit.

I agree with the swearing as well. Singers with $ in their names. Really? Such a lack of creativity. Just plain lazy.

Subtleness and a higher level of intellect is disappearing from popular music as fast as the polar icecaps are melting. I do agree with Morrissey in this regard. There is no desire to put craftsmanship into lyrics today. No more writing on a pad of paper, crossing out and re-writing lyrics until they exactly present what one intends to convey. Replace something meaningful that may take some time to create with a F*ck or Sh*t and put it out for sale. The beat superseding all else.

Independent and/or alternative music no longer exists. Music has been filtered today to the point of being tasteless. Either bland and boring, or over the top to try and outdo the most recent worthless, profitable "artist." I am sure there are some decent new bands out there, but they never make it to the wider public because the $ isn't immediately obvious for record companies.

I know this is an older guy rant, but there was a complete spectrum of music in the eighties. Gary Numan, Adam and the Ants, Human League, New Order, Depeche Mode, Tom Petty, Pat Benatar, Fleetwood Mac, etc. I could go on and on, but today everyone is creating pop songs to hopefully sell to a product sponsor to rake in even more $ (see Bruno Mars Twenty Four Carrot Gold.)

Please set me straight if I am missing something here.

I wrote me previous post before I read yours but exactly this ^^^. Very well put. Lyrics are an afterthought, unmemorable and inconsequential to the goal of pushing product.

Maybe this is the "disco" era of music that will revert back to meaning and intention in the not too distant future. Prayers are in order here.

Back
Top Bottom