A complete list of Morrissey apologists

Save your next comment, retards:

"Modern Humans Came Out of Africa, "Definitive" Study Says

We are solely children of Africa—with no Neandertals or island-dwelling "hobbits" in our family tree, according to a new study."

@ Morrissey ^
Ummm did you actually read the article? 2007 and it's a 'theory' which credit to the authors of said article they have included dissenting experts who rubbish the idea.

So not really that 'definitive.'

For Britain is run by an Irish woman. There's lots of crossover on Brexit - he mentioned Nigel a couple of times - George Galloway, Irish Catholic background, hard left, campaigned with Nigel. Moz was always more vocal than most people would be - about hating Thatcher, hating the Royals, supporting the IRA - things anyone would have advised him to be diplomatic on, but also things people would be more cautiously discussing.

I think his background - as well as his well documented gender, sexuality & mental health issues - do actually explain why he's so out of step with his peer group. And why everything he's 'done' gets hacks so hyperbolic. A person with foreign born parents can be described as a 1st generation immigrant & his parents kept close ties with Dublin. A lot of Irish people are mad at him for being embarrassing - it doesn't change the pressures that might have gone into making him that way.

And I do have an Irish background, so it's a bit much to accuse me of wheeling it out as a crutch. I think I have relevant experiences & I do care about this stuff in general.

All you are doing is grasping at straws to try to make excuses for him - for his politics, for his behaviour, for everything. You'll blame everything and the kitchen sink for what he has become, but you won't blame him. Sorry Nerak, it's disingenuous nonsense.

All you are doing is grasping at straws to try to make excuses for him - for his politics, for his behaviour, for everything. You'll blame everything and the kitchen sink for what he has become, but you won't blame him. Sorry Nerak, it's disingenuous nonsense.

I don't think it's disingenuous nonsense - or grasping at straws - I think it's backed up by the things he's said over the years. That it makes sense in the context of current politics. And that it's a better explanation than the current myth beginning to form that he's been a violent far right racist since the 70s.

If you've decided he's a Xenophobic Farage fan, then fine - but you're ignoring a huge amount of things he's said - including the fact he said he didn't support Farage & has never voted. And that he grew up with foreigners, in his house. As someone with an Irish Dad, I can tell you, you don't just forget that you're hearing different accents & have family roots & anecdotes from another country.

I would have thought Morrissey was textbook definition 1st generation.

I am actually 1st generation American, born of an English father and English (part Irish) mother.

And this is how the term is defined in America, anyway. One is a "1st generation American", if one is born of foreign parents in America.

(This is another reason I can relate to Nerak's POV here. Though I am, in fact, American, I don't really feel very American. Indeed, I feel more British than anything - although I prefer now living in Ireland to Britain.)

Identity is weird - it makes putting an equal opportunities monitoring form together a headache.

What a person feels they are, what other people might think they are & what can be objectively verified, can be 3 different things.

See if you can spot the point at which Ketamine Googled 'apologist'!!! 😀
She’s winding you up, for f***’s sake. You’re making a fool out of yourself.

Well, we could blame kitchen sink for a lot of his Smiths work.

The current list of Morrissey apologists:

Fiona Dodwell
2. Anne Marie Waters
3. Tommy Robinson
4. Morrissey's Band
5. Joe Chiccarelli
6. BMG
7. Chrissie Hynde

Back
Top Bottom