Alain Whyte and band mini Ireland tour (August 21, 2023)

The BIG news is here and we're so excited to finally share it with you. We will be playing some very select live shows later this year in the following cities/venues:

29 November - Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ulster Sports Club)
1 December - Cork, Ireland (The Pavilion)
2 December - Dublin, Ireland (Whelans)

The gigs will feature my band of all-stars most of you already know and love:

Craig Gannon - guitars
Gary Day - bass
Spencer Cobrin - drums
Gustavo Manzur, Jr. - keyboards

We'll be playing sets filled will songs we've all been involved in (either written, co-written and/or played on) as well as a surprise or two each night which you won't want to miss.

Tickets go on sale this Friday (25 August at 10am GMT) via AlainWhyteMusic.com/tour & Eventbrite.ie

More info will follow, so please stay tuned. We really can't wait to play for you all!

Totally agree Juan, for some reason and without going into its musical merit, its an album i always love playing.
From the two long tracks which bookend it, also Dagenham Dave which is fantastic and everything else, its just great.
Being ignored in large because of everything britpop (hate that term), and disappearing without a trace sadly.
Its up there with his best.

Yeah, Dagenham Dave rocks and has such a great groove. That's always been a fave of mine from first listen.

I love Southpaw Grammar and agree that "Nobody Loves Us" should have been included. However, for me, the song I just can't bring myself to like (and boy have I tried) is "The Teachers are Afraid of the Pupils".
I know what you mean re Teachers.. but I like the oddness of Southpaw Grammar that has only eight songs with two f them over ten minutes long as bookends.

No disrespect but it sounds like great material for a Morrissey album. If only Alain and Morrissey would make up and Alain could return to... oh wait we've already tried that.
Yeah. I don't think either party seems interested in that. If they were, thy would

And don't forget the time Morrissey came out on stage to tell the audience that tonights show will not go ahead because Gustavo was very ill and that we are a family, blah, blah, blah... Seems like they were quite tight.
I came across this Gustavo interview a while back. He adored Morrissey.

If you ever find it please do share
Possibly this:

1693381317939.jpg
1693381318096.jpg
1693381318210.jpg
1693381318310.jpg

Which Google lens will translate.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom