Alain's wedding photos

Most of the above is assumption by you.

At the end of the day, you took private pictures off somebody's webpage that are only accessible to people HE has decided to befriend, irrespective of whatever criteria he uses, and posted them on a public forum.

THAT'S how SIMPLE it is.

Register for facebook and add him. See if I'm just assuming. I guarantee he'll add you. (Again, provided you don't have a swastika tattooed on your forehead). They're not private pictures if anyone who honestly felt like seeing them could. He could very easily make them private. But he didn't. Anyone with three-fifths of a brain can register for facebook in under five minutes for free, go to his page, add him, and see his pictures. You need to calm down.

Last edited:
Sharing photos with a few hundred or so people, is a bit different to posting the said photos on a public forum, for all to see.

Anyone on this public forum -- or with an internet connection in general -- can go to facebook and see the pictures for yourselves. They're on public display, and all it requires is a few clicks of a mouse.

If Alain honestly scoured through his friends requests to pick and choose who he wanted to confirm, then how come he confirmed me, eh?

Honestly. Just thought some folks would be interested in seeing the boy happy. I know I'd be interested in seeing them had I not a facebook page.

Register for facebook and add him. See if I'm just assuming. I guarantee he'll add you. (Again, provided you don't have a swastika tattooed on your forehead). They're not private pictures if anyone who honestly felt like seeing them could. He could very easily make them private. But he didn't. Anyone with three-fifths of a brain can register for facebook in under five minutes for free, go to his page, add him, and see his pictures. You need to calm down.

He decides who to add and who not to add. He puts up pictures on there that are only accessible to those he has decided to add. Whether I'm on facebook or not, whether he decides to add me or not, is really not the issue. They are his pictures, not yours. He DID make them private as only those he has befriended on facebook can see them. YOU need to realize that. I couldn't possibly be any calmer.

He decides who to add and who not to add. He puts up pictures on there that are only accessible to those he has decided to add. Whether I'm on facebook or not, whether he decides to add me or not, is really not the issue. They are his pictures, not yours. He DID make them private as only those he has befriended on facebook can see them. YOU need to realize that. I couldn't possibly be any calmer.

You honestly think he roots through pages of friend requests one by one deciding who and who not to add? Give him more credit -- he's got better things to do with his time.

Alain will befriend anyone on facebook. Again, if you don't believe me, add him.

Once you are friends with him on facebook, they are not private. With that same three-fifths of a brain I mentioned earlier, you can copy and paste them. You should know that whenever you post something on the internet, especially on a social networking site, anyone can copy and paste the content. I'm pretty sure it's not a crime.

He probably accepted your friend request because there's a slight lack of swastika tattooage on your head? Just a wild stab in the dark there.
I just think it was a bad judgement call to post them here that's all. But I'm sure you won't be sent to Guantanamo or anything.

Oh, aye, I used a bit of cover-up to get rid of the swastika :lbf:

My intentions were just that those who do not have facebook (BUT VERY EASILY COULD AND BE FRIENDS WITH ALAIN) could see the pictures. As I said before, I know I'd be interested in seeing the two lovebirds if I hadn't a page on the site. :sweet:

You honestly think he roots through pages of friend requests one by one deciding who and who not to add? Give him more credit -- he's got better things to do with his time.

Alain will befriend anyone on facebook. Again, if you don't believe me, add him.

Once you are friends with him on facebook, they are not private. With that same three-fifths of a brain I mentioned earlier, you can copy and paste them. You should know that whenever you post something on the internet, especially on a social networking site, anyone can copy and paste the content. I'm pretty sure it's not a crime.

:head-smack::head-smack::head-smack:

That other faint sound you hear is the sound of my towel being thrown in. You just do not understand or care about the principle involved. Perhaps you can use that other two fifths of the brain to think about it...

:head-smack::head-smack::head-smack:

That other faint sound you hear is the sound of my towel being thrown in. You just do not understand or care about the principle involved. Perhaps you can use that other two fifths of the brain to think about it...

And you say you could not possibly be any calmer? :o

The funniest part is, Alain doesn't seem to be showing NEARLY as much concern about this as you are :rolleyes:
But perhaps I shouldn't tell you that, as you are not friends with him, so it is private information. :blushing:

Only friends can use pics they are not visible to just anyone.The same with reading people's walls.

Only friends can use pics they are not visible to just anyone.The same with reading people's walls.

Okay. So those of you who are not friends with Alain who want to see the pictures:

1) Go to facebook.com

2) Register.

3) Search for 'Alain Whyte'

4) Hit 'send friend request'

5) Alain accepts you

6) Look at his pictures

I did the work for those too lazy to do the easiest of six steps.

one of the reasons I find facebook completely intrusive and another agent for the surveillance society we live in.....

Finding yourself browsing through peoples' photos who you don't even know. I have found myself doing this twice. And then stopped and wondered what on earth \i was doing

Other reasons are cyberstalking, unwanted links to joining FB groups and rejection from that girl who used to live at the end of your street when you were younger

Has Alain's wife got a nice ring?

Okay. So those of you who are not friends with Alain who want to see the pictures:

1) Go to facebook.com

2) Register.

3) Search for 'Alain Whyte'

4) Hit 'send friend request'

5) Alain accepts you

6) Look at his pictures

I did the work for those too lazy to do the easiest of six steps.

Can't be arsed.:rolleyes:

And you say you could not possibly be any calmer? :o

I am typing words/symbols on an internet forum and haven't noticed any appreciable increase or decrease in my state of calmness. Perhaps performing such actions affects how you feel..

The funniest part is, Alain doesn't seem to be showing NEARLY as much concern about this as you are :rolleyes:

It's a point of principle and no matter what you say, it doesn't change the fact that you took private pictures from his page and put them on a public forum, and no amount of assumptions by you can change that fact.

But perhaps I shouldn't tell you that, as you are not friends with him, so it is private information. :blushing:

You really are the King of Assumptions.:thumb:

Finis.

Just so that Alain doesn't feel conspicuous, here's my very own super private wedding photo.

redneckwedding2.jpg

Did you notice that your wife was pregnant at the time?

I am typing words/symbols on an internet forum and haven't noticed any appreciable increase or decrease in my state of calmness. Perhaps performing such actions affects how you feel..

They're called "emoticons" for a reason, chappy :rolleyes:

It's a point of principle and no matter what you say, it doesn't change the fact that you took private pictures from his page and put them on a public forum, and no amount of assumptions by you can change that fact.

:sleeping:
You're becoming quite repetitive. If you don't want to look at the pictures, don't look at them. I promise you I won't be hurt :o

Alain could've easily prevented me from doing what I did. But he didn't. Because he trusts me? A person he doesn't even know? Right :rolleyes:

You really are the King of Assumptions.:thumb:

I thought I was the king of stealing private information and posting it on public forums? :confused:

So anyone can view my pics on Facebook?:eek::o:rolleyes:

People who post pictures on facebook and then accept friends who they don't know personally are making their facebook into a public website.

I think some people like to get on their high horse about things like this to make themselves feel morally superior.

If Alain only wanted friends to see the pics, he could set the privacy settings to "friends only." If he was REALLY going to be private, he'd invite his friends over for a drink to leaf through his wedding album.

A lot of the above is assumption by you.

At the end of the day, you took private pictures off somebody's webpage that are only accessible to people HE has decided to befriend, irrespective of whatever criteria he uses, and posted them on a public forum.

THAT'S how SIMPLE it is.

I agree with you, Mr. Ghost.

mcrickson, has anyone ever added a "p" or a "d" to your username?
just wondering.

Tags
dont be mean icanposttagstoo stfu pftlt worstthreadever
Back
Top Bottom