Anyone have the 'Refusal' demos?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

A couple months ago my laptop died and I lost everything on it that I had yet to transfer to my flash drive. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had Alain's instrumental demos from the 'Years of Refusal' sessions? I personally only had 'Mama', 'Skull', and 'Carol' but more were available and floating around in certain circles. I'd rather not ask the person who gave them to me originally as we are no longer on speaking terms...SO if anyone has these and would be willing to offer them it would be much appreciated...

i vote for the ones you already have, could you please post them?

If I hadn't lost them with my laptop, I would gladly have posted them in exchange for the few I lacked..

If I hadn't lost them with my laptop, I would gladly have posted them in exchange for the few I lacked..

Well, if you had posted them up here for everyone's enjoyment months ago, you could have easily downloaded your own tracks back.

Hoarding is a crime!

Well, if you had posted them up here for everyone's enjoyment months ago, you could have easily downloaded your own tracks back.

Hoarding is a crime!

Yeah, I was banned from this site for over 3 years until a month ago...so, it wasn't really possible.

A couple months ago my laptop died and I lost everything on it that I had yet to transfer to my flash drive. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had Alain's instrumental demos from the 'Years of Refusal' sessions? I personally only had 'Mama', 'Skull', and 'Carol' but more were available and floating around in certain circles. I'd rather not ask the person who gave them to me originally as we are no longer on speaking terms...SO if anyone has these and would be willing to offer them it would be much appreciated...

I've got them...

Hoarding is a crime!

Well i must agree with that, there would be more chance to get them back if they would have been posted here. Bad luck that you couldn't do it.

Describe these instrumental demos to us. What instruments were used, any notable features you remember.

P.

Hopefully PubicEnema will answer this as well.

"Skull" - sounded alot more 'punk' in the demo than the final track. Lead guitar was a lot more distinguishable and had a different tone than the studio recording...for lead, think 'Roy's Keen' and for rhythm think 'Fatty'...but more hard rock. I don't recall any synth in the demo at all...the outro (the don't gimme more part) seemed to go on a bit longer too. Overall, I thought it was an improvement.

'Mama' - The synth was different...it sounded more like the way Pooley played it when it was first introduced live. The middle didn't have the weird noises Manning put in. I don't believe there was an organ at the end either. The guitar, once again, was less muddled and featured more variation than the final track. This was definitely the superior version.

"Carol" - the song was pretty stripped down without all of the FX and horns. The lead guitar was also more distinguishable and sounded good...it made you wish that that was how the lead sounded on the album.

So you're saying you had this and didn't send it to anybody? Wow... what a selfish hoarder.

Being unable to access this site is not an excuse. We all know anybody can post anything anonymously on the main page.

My laptop crashed = my dog ate my homework.

I am all for sharing... so I would like to apologize to everybody here, but unfortunately my laptop crashed and I lost the Wolverhampton 1988 video, the Southpaw demos, Hollywood DVD, Kit and a lot more stuff. It crashed seconds before I was about to post the links here.

Can anybody send me all this stuff in a PM? Thanks!

So you're saying you had this and didn't send it to anybody? Wow... what a selfish hoarder.

Being unable to access this site is not an excuse. We all know anybody can post anything anonymously on the main page.

My laptop crashed = my dog ate my homework.

I am all for sharing... so I would like to apologize to everybody here, but unfortunately my laptop crashed and I lost the Wolverhampton 1988 video, the Southpaw demos, Hollywood DVD, Kit and a lot more stuff. It crashed seconds before I was about to post the links here.

Can anybody send me all this stuff in a PM? Thanks!

Shut the f*** up.

Shut the f*** up.

Clever response.

I was expecting the links for downloads though. You don't have them? Damn.

I just remembered I had a backup of the Wolverhampton VHS on a laptop but a skunk pissed in it. I tried to recover but, I got sidetracked when a stork showed up on my window to deliver a baby.

Then I got busy with the baby and the damn stork stole the laptop. If anybody sees a stork wearing a morrissey shirt, please PM me (along with links to download everything I had).

thanks!

Clever response.

I was expecting the links for downloads though. You don't have them? Damn.

I just remembered I had a backup of the Wolverhampton VHS on a laptop but a skunk pissed in it. I tried to recover but, I got sidetracked when a stork showed up on my window to deliver a baby.

Then I got busy with the baby and the damn stork stole the laptop. If anybody sees a stork wearing a morrissey shirt, please PM me (along with links to download everything I had).

thanks!

Aww! Poor baby! You've nothing left to do since I killed your Jesus-bashing thread, eh?

Aww! Poor baby! You've nothing left to do since I killed your Jesus-bashing thread, eh?

I have nothing left to do because my dog chewed my external hard drive where I kept the Years of Refusal demos.

Can anyone please PM the links? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom