Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre (Oct. 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Alma Matters / Girlfriend In A Coma / I Wish You Lonely / Darling, I Hug A Pillow / How Soon Is Now? / Half A Person / Let Me Kiss You / Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm.

Last edited:
She still leads me on is one is brilliant, I've liked a few of their songs over the years but that song was the reason I went to see them in Manchester earlier this year and they were fantastic.
I think Autofiction was the best album of 2022. I had it pre-ordered on vinyl but stayed up until midnight to hear it on Spotify and I played it and then played it a second time. Pure brilliance. They get better and better. 'That Boy On The Stage', 'What Am I Without You' and 'She Still Leads Me On' are songs that people here would RAVE about if they were Moz songs.

As for drama, well I think this is one of the all-time greats, but criminally not included on the album:

That’s alright, just think the early stuff is great though.

6 pages again. Nothing more than a budget rerun tour designed to generate some cash.

Judging from the way those SER collages put Morrissey on the same level as Elvis, Sinatra, and Roy Orbison, etc. I have to ask this question: Would any of those immortals appear on stage backed by a band as green and inexperienced as this one? The answer is never! We're talking about Morrissey here for Christ's sake! Where's your James Burton Moz? Oh I forgot, you can't afford one.
UP...YOUR...GAME!!!

Great show and hard to pick a favorite song. I do have a question: what was the second song played in the pre-show montage, the one with the 60s model?

6 pages again. Nothing more than a budget rerun tour designed to generate some cash.

Judging from the way those SER collages put Morrissey on the same level as Elvis, Sinatra, and Roy Orbison, etc. I have to ask this question: Would any of those immortals appear on stage backed by a band as green and inexperienced as this one? The answer is never! We're talking about Morrissey here for Christ's sake! Where's your James Burton Moz? Oh I forgot, you can't afford one.
UP...YOUR...GAME!!!
A tour designed to generate cash? You mean I have to pay for these tickets?

I was there. Never commented before. Enjoyed it. Morrissey, band, attendees, venue staff and the Atlanta citizens were gracious.

Say whatever you want in your practice of critique because many of you have more knowledge and/or confidence in your opinions. But I would totally relive the evening again or pay to see Morrissey again in the South. The South has often more recently been overlooked by touring bands in recent years.

Thanks to folks who post here for sharing information. . . And opinions even.

blue monday is so easy to do,a child could do it.
agree on how soon is now but that is one of the songs that most people want to hear,people on here moan about the setlist because they have been to 50 concerts,think of the person where this is their first.
red adair on a friday morning.
Gordo, even if it was my first time hearing it live, I would want to hear a better version than the one he is performing. I would be disappointed if I went to see him and heard that. Truly, truly, truly........

Hope so, looking forward to how he sings that
My only mistake is I'm hoping.
You can't help but feel that it would be very Morrisseyesque not to debut Suspicious Minds at Graceland, and instead just do Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way. But here's hoping he's not feeling quite himself tonight.

Gordo, even if it was my first time hearing it live, I would want to hear a better version than the one he is performing. I would be disappointed if I went to see him and heard that. Truly, truly, truly........
Hear. Hear.
And by the same token, those attending their first concerts are subjected to songs that are unlikely to ever have official releases. And, Are You Sure Hank😐

It was the same in Portsmouth and towards the end there was a lot of groaning with each clip that started. It was the one part which the audience didn't totally love. It'd be nice if he shortened it a little bit, and even nicer if there was a support act. It seemed like the two in Leeds on the last tour went down well.
I enjoyed the video clips the first time but I didn’t need to see it again! Who would (could) support him?!

I was there. Never commented before. Enjoyed it. Morrissey, band, attendees, venue staff and the Atlanta citizens were gracious.
Great to hear an untainted review. I saw a vid of Are You Sure from the show - went down really well with the crowd.
Lots of action with M and the band, Carmen getting in her stride. The odd stage invader without major grief too.
Excellent!

What has that got to do with a concert in Georgia? I think you know full well he hasn't commented on Israel yet.
Because he says things between songs and I wasn’t there. Does that answer?

I didn't know she was a women because she looks and dresses so much like a dude.
My bad and my mistake for calling her a dude... but shes right "Girls can't play guitars".
That explains why she messed up the intro to "Stop Me..." and made "HSIN" sound so weak that it should be retired from the tired old setlist.

That song you shared is terrible and proves the point that there is still no real guitarist in the current lineup.
How about this one? Come on you got to love old Stevie Ray and she play's it note for note. She even talks about a sweet story how her dad loved the record and it inspired her to play. In my generation (I'm an old fogy), we called her style of dress a "tom boy" nothing new about girls dressing as a dude. But, Carmen is a charming young lady and 1st rate guitarist so pull behind her and wish her great success :)

Yesterday Carmen screwed up the intro of Stop Me. It was subtle but M noticed, turned and looked at her. Any musician would realize.

If Camila is a Berklee graduate I see why people say music now is sterile. She made a career doing.. a few soundtracks?

Juan's band is a funk-soul-rock pastiche, cheesy enough to win a Latin Grammy. Btw he'd been booked to play in Colombia on the same date he had with M in Argentina, so the cancellations seem premeditated:straightface:

Brendan credentials are touring with Shakira and a bunch of mainstream artists that most of you don't like. He's good tho.

Guess there were better choices for a backing band. I imagine a polite decline. Not everyone wants to be associated with a trainwreck.
If you are saying as a guitarist you don't play a wrong note especially when you are new to a lineup, learning the songs, how you wish to imprint them then I would say you are not a professional guitarist trying to earn a living from it. Morrissey has had some extraordinary guitar payers throughout the years and even the great Vini Reilly plays a note wrong ever so often. Carmen is another in a long line of top notch Morrissey guitar players by any measure.

I not a huge fan of music schools because they are too expensive for what you get, but you are out of your mind to equate being a graduate of the Berklee School of Music with a Business Management degree and being a classically trained pianist as sterile. I don't find anything sterile about Erik Satie. The girl is trying to earn a living from music after all.

I don't know anything about the bass player and he probably is not an Andy Rourke, but he seems to hold the band down pretty well. Also, it seems kinda cool to have a Columbian bass player from a different part of the world.

The drummer is a Korean guy from LA and is a Black Belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. He is touring the world to support himself and his family. Like Ringo he is neither a good or bad drummer, but he keeps perfect time.

I have not been to any of the shows, but most people find the band and Morrissey in top form.

Peace and Love

Peace and Love

Was blessed to accidentally stumble upon 4 other fans waiting for his tour bus a good 5 hrs prior to showtime and 5 minutes later I was standing in front of Morrissey as he autographed my copy of his autobiography. I could smell his Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon cologne (smells just like delicious incense at a Catholic Latin Mass). He was sweet and every bit the son and heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar.

Created the shirt just for the concert as I had front row pit tickets and wanted to be sure Morrissey got the message. In these times where so many of us are suffering from depression and other mental health issues, the message is for all of us.

Attachments

• 20231012_161546.jpg
    20231012_161546.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231012_201906.jpg
    20231012_201906.jpg
    943.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Was blessed to accidentally stumble upon 4 other fans waiting for his tour bus a good 5 hrs prior to showtime and 5 minutes later I was standing in front of Morrissey as he autographed my copy of his autobiography. I could smell his Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon cologne (smells just like delicious incense at a Catholic Latin Mass). He was sweet and every bit the son and heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar.
I love it. That is wonderful, I'm so happy for you and thanks for sharing about his cologne. aaaah what a shot in the arm.

Say whatever you want in your practice of critique because many of you have more knowledge and/or confidence in your opinions. But I would totally relive the evening again or pay to see Morrissey again in the South. The South has often more recently been overlooked by touring bands in recent years.

Thanks to folks who post here for sharing information. . . And opinions even.
Yes. Those of us who were there heard 4500+ other people cheering and loving every second of the show as well. The venue was stunning, of course, and Moz was in top spirits and form. I love the fact that he played the songs he wanted to play whether people on here complain and whine about them or not. (Especially "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way") Is the art not up to the artist? Do we want a puppet or a man who we love for his eccentric, sarcastic, classy, silly, disruptive, empathetic, and talented ways? I'll take the latter.

Attachments

• 20231012_221606.jpg
    20231012_221606.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom