Atlantic City postponed to June 22

He's been this like this since the smiths- I think he went from Betty doing everything for him to his team. I would be surprised if he took out his own contact lenses or wiped his own ass.

He's been this like this since the smiths- I think he went from Betty doing everything for him to his team. I would be surprised if he took out his own contact lenses or wiped his own ass.

Hopefully not at the same time...

A significant part of the problem is his continuing desire to play dozens of dates in one horse towns. He does it here too. It really is quite bizarre to see an artist who at one time could legitimately claim to be of major importance reduced to towns like Lincoln: both the real one, and the one in Nebraska.

Obviously that is to do with money more than anything else but I never thought I'd see the day Morrissey struggled to sell out any arena, but you don't need to do much Googling to find tickets still available in numerous venues. It is pretty depressing for fans, so for Morrissey himself it must be heartrending.

I have genuine admiration for those American fans who take days off work, travel six, seven, eight hours by covered wagon (you do still do that, yes?) to go to these odd little shows in odd little places. I'm not convinced I'd go to my local theatre to see him anymore and I can walk it in twenty minutes. The chances of a no-show, or a flounce off stage at some perceived slight is becoming too high to take the chance. If the band was better, if the singer was less fragile, if the new songs thrilled me, then maybe, but I'd have to think about it.

I've wondered for a while why he doesn't play fewer shows in larger cities where the tickets would sell and the stresses on his health would lessen. He has been burning himself out for years, trudging the wilderness, both literal and figurative, across three continents. It is time to stop, and concentrate on fewer shows in larger venues in cities with more than two sets of traffic lights.

I suspect he has run the numbers and worked out it is more profitable to do fifty shows a year at the arse end of the world than a night at the 02, one in Liverpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, and a Manchester homecoming once every couple of years.

If he isn't prepared to do that he should take a leaf out of Nick Cave's book. Cave vanishes for two years then returns with a more often than not stonking new album which he tours for two months, does some telly, and then, like a wisp of smoke, he has gone again.

Morrissey thinks he's a bigger and more important artist than Cave and he has priced himself out of the reach of nearly all sensible record companies and business partners over the last few years. The world has moved on and Morrissey stood still. He failed to embrace the internet until Harvest finally managed to get him to embrace new marketing techniques, and now there is a distinct possibility he has run out of things to flog and people to flog to. As a businessman he makes a fine singer.

Time has caught up with Morrissey and he simply isn't the man he used to be, but, in fairness, at fifty-five, who is?

It isn't that he's ill. It is that he is ill often. If you were Morrissey's boss and he was working in the warehouse would you have had a quiet friendly chat with him by now regarding his attendance, particularly as when he's ill you have to close the whole shebang down for the day? You'd at least want a doctor's note, wouldn't you?

Morrissey has created his own world. He's a medieval king transposed into the 21st century. Just think of the bewilderment he must feel going out into the real world, one he now has little understanding of, and pretend in word and song that you know the first f***ing thing about it, while a small cabal of nervous yes-men flap around you hoping you don't compare a chicken to a terror victim. Again. That's not a life. It's a prison sentence. Horrific. How horrific? Have a look at that businessman's fan photo again, but this time look closely into Morrissey's eyes. There's no-one there.

I have to say, this is very compelling thinking. But I have always thought Morrissey was mentally ill and maladjusted. Vicariously I get to see, morrissey gets to live the sad life for me.

Nothing so far about Boston- good sign? Think he's there yet?

It would appear Boston is a go. I'm really curious and excited about who the new opener may be. Anyone able to confirm an act yet?

From a good source
The band refused to wear the t-shirt he gave them, with MAN LOVE printed on the front and MAN MEAT IS TASTY on the reverse.
He's not spoken to any of them since and theres terrible atmosphere in the camp.
More to follow as and when

Psst ! It's me again keep your voices down

It's not good I've never known the atmos be this bad having said that though my gut feeling is they r gonna trudge on and try and finish the tour it should be very interesting to see what t-shirt he comes up with for them next at least
He's not been seen around don't know where he is. Gotta go now more as and when
Nudge nudge wink

The band refused to wear the t-shirt he gave them, with MAN LOVE printed on the front and MAN MEAT IS TASTY on the reverse.
He's not spoken to any of them since and theres terrible atmosphere in the camp.

Given that the band have been happy in the past to wear speedos, with messages written on their chests in marker pen - and, in Boz's case, dress up as a woman - all at Morrissey's command, the idea that they would suddenly revolt over something as mind as 'MAN LOVE' is obvious trolling.

Morrissey's band are hired 'yes' men, with no opinions of their own. They do everything Morrissey asks, without question, or they will be replaced within days by another session musician. They are utterly powerless to question their employer, and they know it when they took the gig on.

Morrissey caught on camera in Miami watching England v Honduras soccer match didn't see the band though what's going on

Given that the band have been happy in the past to wear speedos, with messages written on their chests in marker pen - and, in Boz's case, dress up as a woman - all at Morrissey's command, the idea that they would suddenly revolt over something as mind as 'MAN LOVE' is obvious trolling.

Morrissey's band are hired 'yes' men, with no opinions of their own. They do everything Morrissey asks, without question, or they will be replaced within days by another session musician. They are utterly powerless to question their employer, and they know it when they took the gig on.

That's not how he describes the band in his book but your probably right , he's a two faced ___t I'll give you that

Morrissey caught on camera in Miami watching England v Honduras soccer match didn't see the band though what's going on

Breaking news... Morrissey eating veggie kebab in Macduff , Scotland watching porridge .

Bell end

Back
Top Bottom