Attn: NYC...Andy Rourke spinning Tis Was on May 14

J

jp

Last I was at Don Hills was for the New Years party my friends throw there every year. I haven't been to Tis Was though in quite some time.

I take that back, I popped in 3 or 4 months ago b/c a different friend of mine was spinning, but after seeing only about 15 people in the whole place, I immediately walked back out and headed over to Sway instead. It just wasn't like the old days anymore.

We should all chip in for Andy Ison's plane tickets!

What sort of music does Andy play at these things?

Re: We should all chip in for Andy Ison's plane tickets!

i think, and andrea e.i. can correct me if i'm wrong, that he plays a lot of brit pop and 60s rock and roll.

> What sort of music does Andy play at these things?

Give us a report if you go

> i think, and andrea e.i. can correct me if i'm wrong, that he plays a lot
> of brit pop and 60s rock and roll.

Re: Would love to go and see Andy so much but I can't afford to go!!!!

You are right about this music! I posted a whole lot of music Rourke plays a while ago!!
Stuff from the 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s!!! he really does play something from all eras so there is something for everyone!!!
It isn't all Indie, 90s Brit-pop NME type stuff. There is a lot of it but Andy likes loads of music!! and he does Requests!!! I would love to be a DJ myself it is my sort of thing!!!
Andy Ison from the nothing band no one would want to book me!!!

Re: When Rourke was @Centro-fly last year someone said they would get me a plan ticket!

Re: Get me one of those budget tickets from Heathrow or Gatwick! chears! I hate luxury!

Re: I could camp out on the streets of New York might be fun!

Re: Yes Andy does play The Smiths! he does requests to!!

Not sure about Morrissey records but if you asked him he might play something off 'Viva Hate!' Andy's favorite Moz album or 'You Are The Quarry' or something!
Andy might play a few recent Vinny Peculiar songs! he used to play Badly Drawn Boy when he was doing that!
Andy seems to play an imagonary guitar/air guitar sometimes like he is playing along with the bass lines in songs!!!
Andy is still a musician/guitar player first!

Back
Top Bottom