Morrissey Central "AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND SELL OUTS" (September 18, 2023)

Very few tickets left in Brisbane and Melbourne

unnamed.jpg

Has Morrissey done a concert with this 40 Years of Morrissey poster yet? I ask in reference to possible upcoming set lists. If he has used this poster then I guess there may not be any change to the recent set lists. I myself will be happy with any set list but I'm not interested in hearing any new unreleased songs. I prefer songs that have been released physically.

Has Morrissey done a concert with this 40 Years of Morrissey poster yet? I ask in reference to possible upcoming set lists. If he has used this poster then I guess there may not be any change to the recent set lists. I myself will be happy with any set list but I'm not interested in hearing any new unreleased songs. I prefer songs that have been released physically.
He has not done a show officially under the 40 Years banner. He certainly has the opportunity to present something really special, and I hope he does.

I agree that playing 4-5 unreleased songs of mixed quality is overkill. That represents 20-25% of the show. 1 or 2 is fine, though.

He has not done a show officially under the 40 Years banner. He certainly has the opportunity to present something really special, and I hope he does.

I agree that playing 4-5 unreleased songs of mixed quality is overkill. That represents 20-25% of the show. 1 or 2 is fine, though.
Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed for a set list worthy of a 40 Years of Morrissey Announcement.

I'm gonna suggest in no specific order -

Last of The Famous International Playboys
Reader Meet Author
Piccadilly Palare
Lucky Lisp
Disappointed
Jim Jim Falls
Istanbul
Once I Saw The River Clean
Maladjusted
Now My Heart Is Full
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?
Life Is A Pigsty
Glamorous Glue
Tomorrow
Black Cloud
You Know I Couldn't Last

Encore: I Don't Mind If You Forget Me
Encore2: All You Need Is Me

Have you gone Mad????

It wouldn’t be a morrissey show with out…

Frank
Paris
Quando
Fatty
Shithead
Soon.
Good luck though. 😁

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed for a set list worthy of a 40 Years of Morrissey Announcement.

I'm gonna suggest in no specific order -

Last of The Famous International Playboys
Reader Meet Author
Piccadilly Palare
Lucky Lisp
Disappointed
Jim Jim Falls
Istanbul
Once I Saw The River Clean
Maladjusted
Now My Heart Is Full
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself?
Life Is A Pigsty
Glamorous Glue
Tomorrow
Black Cloud
You Know I Couldn't Last

Encore: I Don't Mind If You Forget Me
Encore2: All You Need Is Me
Would love to see "Piccadilly Palare" and "Reader Meet Author" make a comeback!

Looks like someone's finally realised they need to promote the New York dates!!

NYC here we come. In the city that doesn't sleep . . . 40 YEARS OF MORRISSEY at the United Palace Theater Oct 21-25. These dates will be something very special.
Low ticket warning for Oct 21. But good news abounds! Great seats have been made available for the remaining dates. ON SALE NOW.

Last edited:
Would love to see "Piccadilly Palare" and "Reader Meet Author" make a comeback!
I've never seen Piccadilly Palare played live but I did have the pleasure of seeing Reader Meet Author during The Maladjusted tour. Reader Meet Author has become one of my all time faves. It could've been a single from SG.

Who's going to the Sydney and Brisbane shows?
There'll definitely be a few of us going!

I don't get why there's no Morrissey tour posters up on the street walls. I see plenty of posters for concerts as I drive around for concerts happening during the same time. WTF???

Because things like this happen:
IMG_9307.jpeg

Isn’t David Icke banned from Awestraya? Morrissey better get Sam to scrub Central of some of his favourite right-wing conspiracy shit.

Mozi , good luck :paranoid:

IMG_9372.jpeg

Slap that on a t-shirt, sales through the roof. A guaranteed 700% increase.

Please if anyone has an extra ticket to the Perth (01 December) concert that they would like to sell please let me know. I recently moved here and when I saw he was coming here the show was already sold out. I have been refreshing for re-sale tickets multiple times daily and have missed out on 2 occasions so far.

I am so desperate to try and see him again , so please if anyone has an extra ticket please message me.

Much appreciated...

Please if anyone has an extra ticket to the Perth (01 December) concert that they would like to sell please let me know. I recently moved here and when I saw he was coming here the show was already sold out. I have been refreshing for re-sale tickets multiple times daily and have missed out on 2 occasions so far.

I am so desperate to try and see him again , so please if anyone has an extra ticket please message me.

Much appreciated...
Hey, I have 2 tickets to the Perth gig that I have to sell. Did you manage to get any tickets yet?

Australian bat lyssavirus infection will be Mozzers next excuse.

Or will his teen hipster band expose him to something else after selfies at Roller Derby night, Didgeridoo festival, or Outback Sheep Shearing contest?

It's anybody's guess.

"Teen hipster band" made me giggle.
It's not their fault though! Since Diesel, we all know that when Morrissey is bored he buys himself a young person.

If Moz comes to Australia, I hope he will write the e-mail to the Australian Minister of Environment and Water: https://www.savethekoala.com/email-the-environmental-minister/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Support%20the%20Koala%20Protection%20Act&utm_campaign=Support%20the%20Koala%20Protection%20Act I’m sorry for the off-topic…I don’t know how to reach him anymore
To protect animals you have to protect their habitats. Reducing any impact you might have on the planet helps.

Apart from his not eating meat, Morrissey's impact is huge. He doesn't take any steps to reduce it. He couldn't care less about biodiversity. Or koalas.

The people who care are already doing their best. And like they say in that song,
The silly fools just...carry on.

Anyone got any confirmation Morrissey made it safely to our shores down under?

Last edited:
I'm surprised Melbourne hasn't sold out yet but anything near a sell out for Australia being such a vast landscape with a small population is some achievement when it comes to Morrissey. Most people do not know who the hell he is here.
I thought Melbourne would sell put for sure. Perth sold out, as any UK act sells out here thanks to ex-pats. Even the Happy Mondays managed a sold out gig last month.

I thought Melbourne would sell put for sure. Perth sold out, as any UK act sells out here thanks to ex-pats. Even the Happy Mondays managed a sold out gig last month.
I think one of each of the Melbourne and Sydney dates sold out but it's a big ask to sell out two nights in this country that is so damn big landscape wise but so damn small population wise.

I had no idea the Mondays were here last month. I saw them here a couple of years ago on their Pills Thrills tour so I'm not too bummed I missed it. They were great but I don't need to see them again. I'd rather see Black Grape.

Back
Top Bottom