"Autobiography" by Morrissey - Oct 17, 2013; press release

• Thread starter Justin Playfair
  • Start date
Re: Autobiography by Morrissey - Oct 17th

Awesome! The title "Morrissey, Autobiography" is pretty unimaginative though. Wish it had a better title.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my copy Today, on sale in Waterford Ireland!

Haven't got a chance to read much (damn work) but so far so good!

Nice pictures included, Family, James Maker, Linder, Jake.

I haven't started at the beginning, what i have read so far covers early solo work, Jake and the Joyce trial.

Nicely written, i had thought it would all be in a TTY statement style but its not, in fact its much more 'normal' than i had expected but clever and witty none the less.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it later, i had thought he would tell very little (in terms of personal life), so far i have been pleasently surprised!!

I haven't started at the beginning, what i have read so far covers early solo work, Jake and the Joyce trial.

Nicely written, i had thought it would all be in a TTY statement style but its not, in fact its much more 'normal' than i had expected but clever and witty none the less.

Looking forward to getting stuck into it later, i had thought he would tell very little (in terms of personal life), so far i have been pleasently surprised!!

I do declare you are the first person in history to publish a review of Morrissey's autobiography. Cut yourself a slice of cake.

I'm travelling and in Amsterdam. Went to the Waterstones here and asked if I could get a copy early. Nope, its under an embargo. Have to wait until they open tomorrow at 9:30 am. Was willing to do all sorts of indecent things to get it, but here alone listening to Indie103.1 Breakfast with the Smiths. Always a good show.

Doesn't it have a dedication?

I do declare you are the first person in history to publish a review of Morrissey's autobiography. Cut yourself a slice of cake.

It's a pleasure!

Said I'd check the bookshop on a whim Today and there it was !

Reading from the start now, the 'normality' of the writing is surprising, lots of warmth towards his family, It's actually not what I had expected, but in a good way. Lots more to go though!

Thanks so much for this great review. I'm so glad that it's not written in the TTY statement style, and that he's telling us a bit about his personal life. Might show he's much more at ease with himself than ever before.

I wonder when the electronic version of the book will start making the rounds.

To the people bitching about the book not being available in hardcover, there's a logic to this. After the buzz has died down, almost 80% of hardcover books (by my estimation) go on what's called "The Remainder List" and are drastically marked down and put in the sale section. Remainders are marked with a black slash on the bottom of the pages so that every owner of that particular book knows it was reduced to "get-rid-of-it" prices. They generally don't remainder tradepaper's, they "pulp" them. So by not releasing the book in hardcover, Morrissey's image is never marketed in the bargain bin.

I thought the same thing.

£4.99 to pre order via Kindle - hopefully will be delivered by the morning.... Then I'm off to W H Smith before I get to work.

Dave

Anyone know if the kindle edition will be delivered at/around midnight?

Thanks so much for this great review. I'm so glad that it's not written in the TTY statement style, and that he's telling us a bit about his personal life. Might show he's much more at ease with himself than ever before.

Now read 3/4 of it , the whole smiths story is tainted by how it ended , and there is a lot of vitriol for almost everyone ... its an interesting read from the point of view of showing the raging ego of a man who has never had to grow up and be responsible for his own actions ... the early family stuff is sweet but once the music business stuff starts its just bitching and moaning ..... dissapointing !!

gonna get into town early tomorrow and pick it up from waterstones :)

viva moz

I got an email from Universal Music which informs about autobiography competition.

He does seem very at ease, he's telling his story without any big fuss! In ways it's hard to marry the Morrissey we know from say interviews and the autobiography Morrissey!

Looking forward to finishing it and also hearing what other think of it, happy reading!

Anyone hoping it will be available at midnight on the kindle store?

Now read 3/4 of it , the whole smiths story is tainted by how it ended , and there is a lot of vitriol for almost everyone ... its an interesting read from the point of view of showing the raging ego of a man who has never had to grow up and be responsible for his own actions ... the early family stuff is sweet but once the music business stuff starts its just bitching and moaning ..... dissapointing !!

Has he admitted he's gay yet?

It's now available on Kindle. I'm torn, because my copy should be in the post tomorrow. Should I waste a fiver or should I just go to bed?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom