Bad news - Philadelphia postponed "due to illness in the touring party"

Philadelphia cancelled / postponed:

Anyone got any details. Drivers, turn around.

41675_fillmore_postponed.jpg

UPDATE Dec. 6:

Posted by modrevolve:

Philly is now officially cancelled. Refunds to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I believe most Morrissey fans now know there is a 50/50 shot at a show. Morrissey made it ten straight shows without "issues" and here comes a cancelled/postponed show and the TROLL KING comes out of hiding to make the first post on the article. :rolleyes:

You've answered your own question there FunkyForeskin, YOUR SCHTICK is to appear when something happens that results in a cancellation or postponement.
Funky Foreskin is the laugh of the day. Thank you.

I am exactly one hour from Philly with average traffic... I checked before I left work after 3:30 and didnt check again (as I was driving). Found out at the door. On the plus side, I got my $20 parking money back.
The other plus, the Fillmore guy at the door who pulled me aside as I walked up couldn't have been a nicer guy. People must've been giving him shit because he treated me like a relative had died or something. He was full of advice on what to do to get my money back and make an evening of it in Philly.

I believe most Morrissey fans now know there is a 50/50 shot at a show. QUOTE]

That's a good rule to live by as we should all be aware. But have we also forgotten that the state of Pennsylvania is cursed when it comes to show cancellations!

MrShoes

Last edited:
Moz had no attention of playing this date in Phily. As of 11.30AM this morning he was still at The Mark hotel on Madison. How do I know? My girlfriend's sister, who is from the UK, excitedly texted my GF this morning with a "Guess Who is Staying HERE?!" text. After suggesting Kevin Spacey we got a "MORRISSEY!!". He had a suite there but didn't stay overnight. My GF's sister works for an event company who are in meetings with Mark management.

Talk about the epitome of a rumor....

I am exactly one hour from Philly with average traffic... I checked before I left work after 3:30 and didnt check again (as I was driving). Found out at the door. On the plus side, I got my $20 parking money back.
The other plus, the Fillmore guy at the door who pulled me aside as I walked up couldn't have been a nicer guy. People must've been giving him shit because he treated me like a relative had died or something. He was full of advice on what to do to get my money back and make an evening of it in Philly.

..oddly I cannot find a "refund" button at Ticketmaster for this event... did the chap at Fillmore mention anything about the refund for postponed events policy at the Fillmore? ..seems to be artist / venue specific.

..oddly I cannot find a "refund" button at Ticketmaster for this event... did the chap at Fillmore mention anything about the refund for postponed events policy at the Fillmore? ..seems to be artist / venue specific.

Frosty, my last cancelled concert was Bryan Ferry, also at the Orpheum in Boston and bought via Ticketmaster, and TM refunded the monies to my credit card.

Best,
K

"Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'" all involved can reschedule after the Dec. 10th event in Inglewood, CA. Possibility involves considerable difficulty being near holidays.

Last edited:
Sad news for Philadelphia and Boston fans,let's hope everyone is in good health for the U.K. in February and March.

Boston is still active as of Tuesday 11:10am EST

Until a cancellation by Ticketmaster is announced, please everyone stop making up stories, even if you fake know Boz’s sister’s husband’s coworker’s middle child and heard it on the school bus.

Ta!

"Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'" all involved can reschedule after the Dec. 10th event in Inglewood, CA. Possibility involves considerable difficulty being near holidays.
WISHIN IS FOR CHUMPS

HIGH HOPIN IS FOR FOOLS

Unfortunately I finally got an official email at 5:18 but was already on the road. Missed the Fillmore tweet at 3:41 as I was walking out of work to head to the show. Poor timing. Luckily I had an non-Moz cd in my old car to listen to on the ride home. I thought Gary Numan was at Union Transfer so that was my backup plan...
but found out he's there Wednesday.

Unfortunately I finally got an official email at 5:18 but was already on the road. Missed the Fillmore tweet at 3:41 as I was walking out of work to head to the show. Poor timing. Luckily I had an non-Moz cd in my old car to listen to on the ride home. I thought Gary Numan was at Union Transfer so that was my backup plan...
but found out he's there Wednesday.
If you can get a ticket and still make that Numan show, you should. I caught him recently, and it was the best of four shows I've seen. He's on fire right now.

Were folks REALLY lined up at 3am for this GA show? 11am even sounds a little crazy these days... and that guy said he was 27th in line.

Were folks REALLY lined up at 3am for this GA show? 11am even sounds a little crazy these days... and that guy said he was 27th in line.

I remember the Del Mar show in 1992, my friend and I got there there night before thinking we were going to be all smart and be the one of the first one there, and there were already about 70-80 people there in tents, etc. Needless to say we booked a room at the Double Tree instead and went back the next afternoon to get in line.

If Mando's partner's Instagram is synchronously posted, she and Max (LIHS cover boy) are in Central Park. So the likelihood of the band being back in LA/tour being over is lowered, imo. Boston may indeed be "on".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom