"Because you've only got one"

Great story! What happened when he stopped talking - did he expect a response? I don't know what's worse: not know what to say in the first place or not knowing what to say when I'm suddenly expected to say something amusing... (or at least coherent)

I remember just saying "Okay, Bye" and rushing off as quickly as possible. He could have just recited his entire Tesco shopping list and I would not have noticed. I couldn't wait to get away and for it just to be over before I said something I could never take back.....

I remember just saying "Okay, Bye" and rushing off as quickly as possible. He could have just recited his entire Tesco shopping list and I would not have noticed. I couldn't wait to get away and for it just to be over before I said something I could never take back.....

you ran away!?!? :eek: :D hehe... well, i'd probably do exactly the same. I'm fairly certain that I would have NOTHING useful to say to the man when it come down to it. You are very lucky - it sounds like he really wanted to speak with you and share his thoughts!

Incidentally, I am such a nosey bastard, i would LOVE to know whats in his Tesco shopping list. I would guess something awful like "Grape Nuts".

Incidentally, I am such a nosey bastard, i would LOVE to know whats in his Tesco shopping list. I would guess something awful like "Grape Nuts".[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing:
Cheese
Teabags
Milk
Rich Tea biscuits
Dog Food
Cat Food
This weeks NME

Here's a dumb question for you guys......
What the hell is Tesco? Is it like our Costco?

Tesco is the biggest supermarket chains in UK. Boy George used to work there.

LOL....Can't picture Boy George bagging people's groceries.....too funny!

Tesco sounds like our Costco...the place were fat-ass americans shop by the bundle. Wonder if it's owned by Communist China as well...??
Anyway, thanx for the BG story.

I think I'd more than likely loose the power of speech, and regain it only to ask a totally ridiculous question, ie 'What's your favouite cheese?' then spend the rest of my life crying under a table at ruining the only chance I had to talk to Morrissey. Sigh.

me too. then I'd start looking for the cheese only to find it was discontinued in 1956.

I did on Sunset Blvd in LA in 2002, and all I could get out was:

"You okay?" He said, "Yes, I am", and we shook hands and I said, "Take care, man," and he said "Thank you." What a f***ing waste, I know! I was too in shock to know what to say... I suck, sorry...

That may not have been what you really wanted to ask, but I don't see it as a waste. It shows interest in him without being a prick. To him you may have appeared as a person who actually cared about him rather than someone who wanted something from him. I'm sure he meets many more of the latter than the former. It may have made his day.

I, as many, would probably be at a loss for words at such a meeting, but might as "what next?"

I guess I'd probably start talking about the weather or something. ;)

"Fancy coming 'round to mine for a lentil burger?"

I'd wager the answer would be a swift, but very polite, "no, thank you".

Back
Top Bottom