"Because you've only got one"

Tough one, would probably hug him or ask if he wanted to take a cup of coffee/tea.

I think anything involving tea-drinking is probably a step in the right direction, so I would probably ask if he would like to join me for a cup of tea as well. At least it would encourage some most interesting conversation (the only kind that could possibly be had with Moz, of course) on the very off-chance he happened to accept. :)

I would just casually ask him well...? How Soon Is Now?

I'd ask him
'Fancy going for a pint?'

Then if he said yes, I would have lots of time with him to chat for longer!

The Goat

Awww, this is so sweet - "it was truely romantic"! :)
It must have been around that period that he wrote Cemetry Gates... :p

well when i did met morrissey i asked if i could shake his hand and he said yes!:)

now this is a question i have also pondered A LOT.

me and my boyfriend used to love smash hits magazines in our distant youth... for the total cheesiness of the in depth interview questions.
whats your fave colour?
if you were a biscuit what would you be?
if you were invisible for a day etc etc

so we came up with a list of smash hits questions for Moz...

my fave (see the smash hits influence there!?) that i came up with was 'whats your fave sandwich?'

unfortunately we then tried to come up with what his answer would be and ive pondered on this for far far far too long.
we even have bets on it.
(i say bree and cranberry, my boyfriend thinks it would involve humous)
so now i have to find out, so that would be my question.

'whats your favourite sandwich' :o

i know- what a waste.:(

Tee hee. I really relate to that.
But, oh, I'd feel a real heel to say it to him!

Thing is, I have met him a few times and never had the balls to say. Every time I just asked something completely crap due to the sudden lack of the power of speech. He had once been to a boxing match and I asked him what he had thought of it. He went into a great monologue about it but all I could hear was "blah blah blah blee de blah" because i was mezmorised with his blue eyes. He could have been saying something really profound and interesting but it was like when Charlie Brown hears his teacher.....

How would you guys approach the man..... What name/term would you use to refer to him as? Sir, Mister, Moz, Morrissey? How would you guys start the convo with him? It's gotta be hard.

I think if I was able to keep my cool, I'd just straight out call him Mr. Delicious or something really cute like that.... followed by a few giggles.:p

If panic/anxiety were to take over me at the moment, however, it could start and end really awkward......last time I met someone I admire a lot was 5 years ago and it was total hell.......the poor woman!

I met him after the Ally Pally gig (on my birthday). It was a blur, I was completely drunk, Boz introduced me to him and I think I said 'Oh my god... Morrissey!!' (Could I be any cooler?) he said 'Yes, that's me', anyway, we shook hands, I asked him to sign my right wrist then I gave him my left wrist, he asked me 'What should I write?' I said 'anything', that's what he wrote. Then I thanked him for everything and he said 'You're welcome'. Next day went to the tattoo parlour got tattooed over his signature, almost got 'Anything' tattoed but changed my mind on the last minute.

Last edited:
I met him after the Ally Pally gig (on my birthday). It was a blur, I was completely drunk, Boz introduced me to him and I think I said 'Oh my god... Morrissey!!' (Could I be any cooler?) he said 'Yes, I'm him', anyway, we shook hands, I asked him to sign my right wrist then I gave him my left wrist, he asked me 'What should I write?' I said 'anything', that's what he wrote. Then I thanked him for everything and he said 'You're welcome'. Next day went to the tattoo parlour got tattooed over his signature, almost got 'Anything' tattoed but changed my mind on the last minute.

Can we see a photograph of your tattoo? It must look brilliant!

How did so many of you manage to meet him?

My friend had a spare wristband for the after-show party. Morrissey came down really late, he was seated with his bandmates and surrounded by his two securities. We try to speak to him but his security threatened to kick us out, so we wait for Boz to come to the bar and we convinced him to introduce us to Morrissey.

would u mind if i kidnap u?! stockholm syndrome is fun,i mean..:D

Thing is, I have met him a few times and never had the balls to say. Every time I just asked something completely crap due to the sudden lack of the power of speech. He had once been to a boxing match and I asked him what he had thought of it. He went into a great monologue about it but all I could hear was "blah blah blah blee de blah" because i was mezmorised with his blue eyes. He could have been saying something really profound and interesting but it was like when Charlie Brown hears his teacher.....

Great story! What happened when he stopped talking - did he expect a response? I don't know what's worse: not know what to say in the first place or not knowing what to say when I'm suddenly expected to say something amusing... (or at least coherent)

Back
Top Bottom