Beware of Advantage Tickets

Advantage tickets will not give any money back. I'm sure thay are a con, in fact I am sure I have seen tham on Watchdog before, come to think of it - you should deffinately report them, they should be shut down, bastards.

Update - spoke to man again at Advantage tickets today. He said I will have a full refund in the post within the next four days. I'll let you all know if it happens! Keeping the old fingers crossed!

Update - four days have passed and no tickets arrived. Spoke to them today and guess what, the cheque will be posted Monday. Whatever!!

Latest update - spoke to someone at Advantage 5 times this week and they still keep saying their boss isn't in and will ring me, but obviously never does. I am giving him to end of the week and then telling him have their address and am making a special trip down to London to see them! See what happens then.

Latest update - spoke to someone at Advantage 5 times this week and they still keep saying their boss isn't in and will ring me, but obviously never does. I am giving him to end of the week and then telling him have their address and am making a special trip down to London to see them! See what happens then.

keep on it musley! curious to see what happens.

Musley
I'm sure there is someone on here who lives in London and would go around on your behalf (ANYONE??) otherwise the money you spend getting there cancels out what you receive back! What district in London is it?

Contact your trading standards officer and give him / her the contact details.

Next time you call them, tell them you HAVE contacted BBC Watchdog - say that the BBC researcher has told you if it doesn't arrive within 5 working days, they are going to follow it up on your behalf. They wont want the bad publicity.....

Keep us informed.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
This snippet is from M.E.N, Saturday Jan 28, 2006:

MOZZA MISERY

Ticket agencies are cashing in on Morrissey's homecoming by selling 30 GBP seats for his sell-out Manchester and Salford concerts for up to 277 GBP.

This has angered many fans that queued in vain to get tickets for his four performances at The Lowry in Salford, and Manchester's Bridgewater Hall, Opera House, and Apollo Theatre.

Tickets for the April/May concerts went on sale yesterday at 9am and were sold within minutes. But Internet firm getmetickets.net is selling them for between 97 GBP and 277 GBP. Manager, Mike Rangos, said "If the demand is there fans will pay."

Their website was closed a few days after above article was published. I hope that all the desperate people who bought from them got their money back, but i doubt it.

Wankers! :mad:

Thank for your support. Latest update is this:
Spoke to them AGAIN on Wednesday. The man said his boss was not in and would ring me back. Same old. I have now reported them to the Trading Standards who e-mailed me back today and said they would investigate on my behalf and report back within five days. So I'll let you know.

Thank for your support. Latest update is this:
Spoke to them AGAIN on Wednesday. The man said his boss was not in and would ring me back. Same old. I have now reported them to the Trading Standards who e-mailed me back today and said they would investigate on my behalf and report back within five days. So I'll let you know.

Let me know what part of london they are in. PM me if you like

Let me know what part of london they are in. PM me if you like

Musley
Well done for contacting Trading Standards.
I'm in London Monday 25th February, let me know the address and I shall be happy to visit them with a brick in my hand.......

Jukebox Jury

Musley
Well done for contacting Trading Standards.
I'm in London Monday 25th February, let me know the address and I shall be happy to visit them with a brick in my hand.......

Jukebox Jury

Well they give their address as 1 Norwich Row, London,SW1E 5ER. But this could be made up as well. Everything about them seems false. But I shall not give up.

Well they give their address as 1 Norwich Row, London,SW1E 5ER. But this could be made up as well. Everything about them seems false. But I shall not give up.

A bit of detective work....
In my London A-Z there is no Norwich Row in London.
I typed in the postcode you gave and it came up as Warwick Row, around the corner from Buckingham Palace and the following came up at that address.

Bond Woodhouse Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Brands2life, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
British Property Federation, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Carillion Services Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Charles Turner Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
China Britain Business Council, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Citibase Plc, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Deltek Uk Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Douglas Struth & Partners Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Focus Media International, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Liaisons Abroad Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Liberty Maritime Agency, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Primary Industries (uk) Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Racing & Ballsports Hospitality Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
S G S Technology Project Services Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Surfpin Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER

Maybe give them another call asking them to confirm the address again? If they give the same one, tell them there is no such 'Norwich Row' and that the postcode given is for Warwick Row.

Jukebox Jury

A bit of detective work....
In my London A-Z there is no Norwich Row in London.
I typed in the postcode you gave and it came up as Warwick Row, around the corner from Buckingham Palace and the following came up at that address.

Bond Woodhouse Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Brands2life, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
British Property Federation, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Carillion Services Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Charles Turner Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
China Britain Business Council, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Citibase Plc, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Deltek Uk Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Douglas Struth & Partners Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Focus Media International, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Liaisons Abroad Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Liberty Maritime Agency, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Primary Industries (uk) Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Racing & Ballsports Hospitality Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
S G S Technology Project Services Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER
Surfpin Ltd, 1, Warwick Row, LONDON, SW1E 5ER

Maybe give them another call asking them to confirm the address again? If they give the same one, tell them there is no such 'Norwich Row' and that the postcode given is for Warwick Row.

Jukebox Jury

Hi Jukebox,

I have double checked and it is Warwick Row and not Norwich Row. But none of those names above look like they could be ticket agents, so I don't know.
Still waiting to here from Trading Standards. I'll keep you updated.
Musley.

Musley
I'm sure there is someone on here who lives in London and would go around on your behalf (ANYONE??) otherwise the money you spend getting there cancels out what you receive back! What district in London is it?

Contact your trading standards officer and give him / her the contact details.

Next time you call them, tell them you HAVE contacted BBC Watchdog - say that the BBC researcher has told you if it doesn't arrive within 5 working days, they are going to follow it up on your behalf. They wont want the bad publicity.....

Keep us informed.

Jukebox Jury

i was about to say, yes do this, and tell them youre going to contact trading standards/solicitors etc, this usually works, but i see you have.
lets hope Tstandards, come back and sort it out for you.

I have also just reported them to BBC Watchdog. Watch this space.
Musley.

Hi Jukebox,

I have double checked and it is Warwick Row and not Norwich Row. But none of those names above look like they could be ticket agents, so I don't know.
Still waiting to here from Trading Standards. I'll keep you updated.
Musley.

Well at least that's the address sorted. Businesses have to be registered at an address - doesn't neccessarly mean they work from that address, just registered there. I'd be highly surprised if this operation was working from out of a building near Buckingham Palace.
I set off for London on Sunday and will have time to visit Monday afternoon, so any info you can give to me before then will help.
What name do they go under?

Is anyone else in the same boat as Musley? Journos and the BBC will be more likely to act if a few people are affected, not just one.

Power To The People.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Well at least that's the address sorted. Businesses have to be registered at an address - doesn't neccessarly mean they work from that address, just registered there. I'd be highly surprised if this operation was working from out of a building near Buckingham Palace.
I set off for London on Sunday and will have time to visit Monday afternoon, so any info you can give to me before then will help.
What name do they go under?

Is anyone else in the same boat as Musley? Journos and the BBC will be more likely to act if a few people are affected, not just one.

Power To The People.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I was going to go for musley today, because iw as in a similar postcode region, but i came up against the congestion charge and ot thwarted me

Maybe best to do a small claims court thing, costs £35 i think, but you can do it online. Maybe try sending them a letter without prejudice first to outline your intent on getting your money back

Also they are selling tickets for the spurs match on sunday! Out the tout!

I was going to go for musley today, because iw as in a similar postcode region, but i came up against the congestion charge and ot thwarted me

Maybe best to do a small claims court thing, costs £35 i think, but you can do it online. Maybe try sending them a letter without prejudice first to outline your intent on getting your money back

Also they are selling tickets for the spurs match on sunday! Out the tout!

*That damn congestion charge*:mad:
Yes, eventually a small claims court, bastards. If I knew which office they were in I'll be going round with a brick!

Jukebox 'getting angry' Jury

Back
Top Bottom