Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?- unofficial Video - now unblocked

I do know; you think you know, but don't you think they know?
Of course they know.

There are known knowns about Bobby. These are things we know that we know about Bobby. There are known unknowns about Bobby. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know about Bobby. But there are also unknown unknowns about Bobby. There are things we don't know we don't know about Bobby.

So...do you think you know?

There are known knowns about Bobby. These are things we know that we know about Bobby. There are known unknowns about Bobby. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know about Bobby. But there are also unknown unknowns about Bobby. There are things we don't know we don't know about Bobby.

So...do you think you know?

Well, up until your last post, I thought I knew, but now I don't know whether I know, or knew, or not, now.
This is new for me, because I like to think that I know, or knew, more than Bobby knew, or at least what he thought he knew; but then again, I don't think Bobby actually knew that I knew & it's the same for other people, who thought they knew, or thought Bobby knew, but then got to know that Bobby didn't actually know. I'm glad Moz has raised this very important question. I don't think Bobby knew that we knew, but of course we knew all along.

But if it's an unofficial video, it can't really confirm anything, can it?

Well, I take your point but I think you're splitting hairs...there's been quite a bit of analysis done on here, so either the person who spent 10 minutes pulling the vid together knew already it was BH, or he/she read what was happening on Moz-solo & decided to go for it based on the 'evidence' he/she saw & wanted to be the first to get a vid out on YT as it would get clicks.
I'm not precious about it tbh. I still love the track, but hope that someone is working on a proper official video.

Thank you for your feedback :thumb:

It is my humble opinion that the Bobby in question is Bobby Hatfield. I thought this immediately when I heard the song and then I read the comments here and no other credible Bobby stepped forward. My videos are just for fun. I did my best with what I had.

Viva you to me are the sound of rain on the roof. Stay near.

Last edited:
Well, up until your last post, I thought I knew, but now I don't know whether I know, or knew, or not, now.
This is new for me, because I like to think that I know, or knew, more than Bobby knew, or at least what he thought he knew; but then again, I don't think Bobby actually knew that I knew & it's the same for other people, who thought they knew, or thought Bobby knew, but then got to know that Bobby didn't actually know. I'm glad Moz has raised this very important question. I don't think Bobby knew that we knew, but of course we knew all along.

Let’s think about this about.

Know.
Knowing, the state of being in the know.
K. No. Wing.
K, no wing.
K is shorthand for Ok. Ok, a confirmation of consent?
No. A lack of? A refusal?
Wing. What has wings? Birds. What also has wings? An airplane.
Bobby. Robert. Sounds like robber. What is another name for a robber? A burglar.

I think this song is about Morrissey’s negative experience of having his rear cleavage burgled by a TSA agent named Bobby which he equates to the horrors of drug addiction.

But, I don’t know.

Thank you for your feedback :thumb:

It is my humble opinion that the Bobby in question is Bobby Hatfield. I thought this immediately when I heard the song and then I read the comments here and no other credible Boddy stepped forward. My videos are just for fun. I did my best with what I had.

Viva you to me are the sound of rain on the roof. Stay near.

Hey Smiler, no offence was intended, sorry if the feedback was too harsh, but we're a peculiar lot on here, which I'm sure you understand.
At the very least, I am, & I'm sure others are, grateful for your efforts.

The more I hear this song, the more I absolutely love it.

the more I hear it, the more I hate it. Can’t believe I had one foot on board the other day and listened to it a full six times. Then I spun my new test pressing of ‘Treat Me Like A Human Being’, and ahhhhh so sweet, how reality kicked back in. The new stuff is pish compared to vintage Moz.

the more I hear it, the more I hate it. Can’t believe I had one foot on board the other day and listened to it a full six times. Then I spun my new test pressing of ‘Treat Me Like A Human Being’, and ahhhhh so sweet, how reality kicked back in. The new stuff is pish compared to vintage Moz.

You don’t know about Bobby.

I agree, that it doesn't exactly improve with further listenings. Once the novelty factor is gone, it sounds like the mess it is.

Let’s think about this about.

Know.
Knowing, the state of being in the know.
K. No. Wing.
K, no wing.
K is shorthand for Ok. Ok, a confirmation of consent?
No. A lack of? A refusal?
Wing. What has wings? Birds. What also has wings? An airplane.
Bobby. Robert. Sounds like robber. What is another name for a robber? A burglar.

I think this song is about Morrissey’s negative experience of having his rear cleavage burgled by a TSA agent named Bobby which he equates to the horrors of drug addiction.

But, I don’t know.

No, clearly you don't know. :rolleyes:

Your muddled logic, breakdown & deciphering, together with the tedious tenuous tampering, is tantamount to tortuous torture.

It's quite simple, if you know, but you don't; it's a cryptic message from Moz based on him actually 'knowing' something that we thought we knew (but actually didn't), & Bobby definitely didn't know, & to him was an unknown; ergo, Bobby was unknowing, or not-knowing:

Knowing - anagram:
  • Now King = Moz, or
  • King Now = Moz
Analysis complete. End.

You also don’t know about Bobby.

He clearly does not know; is unknowing; is devoid of knowledge; is knowledgeless;
I think Bobby does know about this one, hence Bobby is tortured down below.

Last edited by a moderator:

FFS Ordinarydrunk, get a grip.
My mate, Basil Fawlty, would describe you as a 'cloth-eared bint' - & he'd be right on the nail.
I'd describe you as a musical luddite who is clinging onto the past. Those who live in the past, stay in the past.

I agree, that it doesn't exactly improve with further listenings. Once the novelty factor is gone, it sounds like the mess it is.

Really? I know these things are subjective, but the more I play it, the more I love it.
Are you playing it on the right equipment? Are you playing it loud enough?
It's a great track, imho.

Back
Top Bottom