Bona Drag signed pre-order

You can't now Terence he's made you feel bad hasn't he? he's obviously a very nice chap who's just tried to do the right thing isnt he. Don't cancel, I feel bad saying his emails are full of shite, and dissing Laroux etall.

This....basically it's a "first come first serve" basis...how it should be all the time. Im sorry, you, me, and everyone not in the "first 200" didnt get a signed copy.

Steve runs a tight ship there, and, although I've only ordered a few things from him in the past(all Moz related:)), I'm in agreeance w/him, this was the fairest way for EVERYONE to get a copy.....

Im still a loyal recordstoreuk fan....and will ALWAYS give them my business instead of that shitty cdwow. Just missed out on this order.....I hope to not do so in the future.

Last edited:
Lovely to hear from those that did (and didn't) get a signed copy and understand the nature of how we promoted the offer.

Fingers crossed now that we get the signed CDs in good time to get them out to you all!

Have a great weekend

Steve

ha they've not got em, ooh dodgey don't they realise who thy deal with. Whats the betting ourboy gets a splinter in his little finger day before signing and couldnt possibly spend the afternoon signing. Youve crashed and burned i smell appology emails and refunds.:rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that Morrissey fans are so narrow minded in their music tastes that they don't buy anything else?...not something I would advocate but an interesting debate....(good luck with that)

Recordstore has been around for well over 10 years and I'd hope that any new customers who come to the site and get a good deal and a quick delivery would be interested enough to come back and see what else we have on offer. But that may just be me in my naive belief that the general public actually likes music and not just one individual.

We've been doing signed exlusives for quite a while now and I can assure you they are all genuine. We get everything sent to us directly from an artist's label and if we started advertising "fakes" they'd get us closed down pretty sharpish.

As I said before, I was offered 200 signed copies which I knew would sell out really quickly and I tried to advertise the offer as fairly as possible. If I pissed anyone off because they missed the boat then I'm sorry but I promoted this exactly the same way I would with any signed album (the email is never the first thing we send out because it takes time to build and send out as opposed to the few minutes it takes to advertise on facebook, twitter, myspace or forums). I actually had an email ready to go but we were down to the last 10 signed copies by the time it was finished so by the time it had hit inboxes we would have sold out anyway...pissing more people off I would think.....

anyway have a lovely evening everyone. I'm sure this one will run and run

cheers

Steve

Steve, I was not suggesting that Morrissey fans are so narrow minded...I was just suggesting that some people who have never shopped with you before, will have Jumped on this offer like a Lion on a Raw steak, when they became aware of it,and will snap up the signed cds...then sell them on Ebay....then not buy anything else from your store ( though they could also register on your website, and just watch out for more signed "Goodies" to buy, and sell on.....) maybe I am just a cynical old so and so, but I bet quite a few of your "New" customers will not bother buying again, as they have got their Mitts on the "Prize"....
Anyway, that's just my opinion....
I do not know of any "Fair" way to distribute such items myself, but, as I have already said, Advertising on here was a good idea, so Bravo to you for doing that.
( And P.S., it's nice to hear from a record store manager that actually cares enough to bother replying!!! cheers for that too!!).

I'm pretty shocked at people's reactions to recordstore's giving a heads up of signed copies. How can it be anything other than a good thing?

To those whingers - If you are so loyal (your words not mine) why didn't you buy the cd earlier? Why wait until the guy said he has signed copies before you commit to buy?

I ordered mine on 2nd Sept - 13 days before the 'heads up post'...now that's loyal (my words).

I look forward to receiving my lovely signed copy.

I'm pretty shocked at people's reactions to recordstore's giving a heads up of signed copies. How can it be anything other than a good thing?

To those whingers - If you are so loyal (your words not mine) why didn't you buy the cd earlier? Why wait until the guy said he has signed copies before you commit to buy?

I ordered mine on 2nd Sept - 13 days before the 'heads up post'...now that's loyal (my words).

I look forward to receiving my lovely signed copy.

I don't think you'll be getting one it was a seperate listing with ist own buy it now button. i think you'll find you won't get it.

When viewing my pre-order info online is says, 'signed copy'.

However, you may well be right, and if you are then so be it.

Nah a pre orders a pre order you'll probably get one, you just seemed far to smug, and needed knocking of your high horse. :rolleyes:

Quick update on this:

EMI are expecting the finished CD booklets to arrive at their offices on Thursday and Morrissey will then sign them then.

They will hopefully get these to us either on Thursday evening or first thing Friday morning which will be fine for us to get them all sent out to you for arrival on monday morning (UK customers).

If there's any delay to that schedule I'll let you know as it will affect our ability to get them out for the Monday release date.

cheers

Steve (Recordstore Manager)

Quick update on this:

EMI are expecting the finished CD booklets to arrive at their offices on Thursday and Morrissey will then sign them then.

They will hopefully get these to us either on Thursday evening or first thing Friday morning which will be fine for us to get them all sent out to you for arrival on monday morning (UK customers).

If there's any delay to that schedule I'll let you know as it will affect our ability to get them out for the Monday release date.

cheers

Thank you very much for letting us know.

No luck of a signed print. but managed to order signed BD!
Really look forward to receiving my copy. :)

Quick update on this:

cheers

Cheers Steve, can't wait to get my signed booklet framed!

Quick update on this:

cheers

Truly, above and beyond...
Thank you for the information. We really don't deserve you :)

Hello Steve (if you're there)

Have you any idea whats happening with the signed CDs seeing as Mozzer has bailed out of the uk?
Thanks

ha they've not got em, ooh dodgey don't they realise who thy deal with. Whats the betting ourboy gets a splinter in his little finger day before signing and couldnt possibly spend the afternoon signing. Youve crashed and burned i smell appology emails and refunds.:rolleyes:

sORRY:blushing:

Have you any idea whats happening with the signed CDs seeing as Mozzer has bailed out of the uk?
Thanks

Do we know for sure he's left the UK? (That would involve knowing where "home" is.)
I supposed they can courier the booklets to him and he can courier them back if he is still out of town. It would delay the delivery but I'm guessing people won't mind. Sadly, I'm not one of the people who has to worry about it.

Do we know for sure he's left the UK? (That would involve knowing where "home" is.)
"He has just confirmed that he has cancelled ALL his promos including Andrew Marr and Radcliffe and Maconie and that Morrissey has flown home."

I doubt he'd fly anywhere within the uk, but I suppose no one knows exactly what has been said or what's going on..

Thanks

Quick update:

I'm waiting for the label and management to give me an official answer/statement on the signed copies of Bona Drag. Should have a definitive answer later today or tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed he will still sign them but I'm in the dark at present

cheers

Steve

Quick update:

I'm waiting for the label and management to give me an official answer/statement on the signed copies of Bona Drag. Should have a definitive answer later today or tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed he will still sign them but I'm in the dark at present

cheers

Steve

Steve
You are a real gent - thanks for keeping everyone on solo up to date.
Unfortunately, I wasn't one of the first 200... so it's of no relevance to me, but it's good to know.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom