Bonus tracks for Low in High School

Has anyone heard anything about a deluxe edition?
Are there five or six extra tracks floating around somewhere in existence?

I guess having b-sides that are live covers make this unlikely, but who knows.
Maybe it will come out after we've all purchased the first version.

Joe Chiccarelli (the producer) said in an interview from about a month ago that there was something like 20 songs recorded for the album (there's an older thread about this), so I hope they do get released eventually as bonus tracks.

Joe Chiccarelli (the producer) said in an interview from about a month ago that there was something like 20 songs recorded for the album (there's an older thread about this), so I hope they do get released eventually as bonus tracks.
He also said that it was heartbreaking, deciding which songs made it onto the album and which ones were cut. So they must have been competed and of a pretty high standard.

Me either.
Ideally part of an EP or second album?

Maybe he'll do one of those weird compilations with some hits and/or unreleased songs like World of, Early Burglary Years or build towards another Swords.

Did you mean ROBIN AND COMPANY ? And others ?

Let's hope they come out soon-ish !!!

I think it's a smart strategy to release a deluxe edition a few months removed from the original release date rather than doing the simultaneous release of both a regular and deluxe edition.. Yeah, sure, some fans will gripe that they are coerced into buying the album twice but so what? I'm getting the new CD for $9.99 from Amazon. I'll but the deluxe version if it happens too. It extends the excitement of a new album.

They should release the 8 extra tracks with The Kid's a Looker, Action is my Middle Name and People Are the Same Everywhere. There we go... An 11 song album.

Throw in some live bonus tracks.
I could dig it.

They should release the 8 extra tracks with The Kid's a Looker, Action is my Middle Name and People Are the Same Everywhere. There we go... An 11 song album.

I could dig it.

Those songs were so good, why why were they left to flounder like that :'(

I could dig it.
Each to their own but I was personally very happy to find out that those 3 tracks were thrown on the scrapheap.

I could dig it.

'People' and 'The Kid...' are officially the two worst songs Morrissey has ever sung, out of all 250 (or however many there are) according to the biggest poll ever conducted. Please, let's just leave them where they are!

Those songs were so good, why why were they left to flounder like that :'(

If you think "People..." and "The Kid..." are so good, then I don't hold out much hope for your band.

"Action" is pretty good, however.

Perhaps the idea is to release a deluxe version in a few months with all the extra tracks.

This would seem the most sensible or likely proposition, given that he used live tracks for B-sides on the new singles. Alternatively, it would be intriguing if he released a standalone single/EP a la "Boxers" circa spring time.

One would think if the other tracks from this session were to see release that he'd utilize them within the next year or so. With the exception of reusing "Home Is A Question Mark" as a title for a new composition, Morrissey has been historically loathe to revisiting discards for future albums. Regardless of their relative quality, he never re-recorded "Noise Is The Best Revenge," "I'm Playing Easy To Get," or the 2011 songs (barring "Scandinavia" and "Art Hounds"). There are four other Alain Whyte compositions attempted at the Refusal sessions that never saw light of day either ("Teresa, Teresa," "I'm Looking Forward To Going Back," "I Was Bully (Do Not Forget Me)," and "When I Was Young") - unless, on the off chance, some of the lyrics have been recycled elsewhere.

With the exception of reusing "Home Is A Question Mark" as a title for a new composition, Morrissey has been historically loathe to revisiting discards for future albums. Regardless of their relative quality, he never re-recorded "Noise Is The Best Revenge," "I'm Playing Easy To Get," or the 2011 songs (barring "Scandinavia" and "Art Hounds"). There are four other Alain Whyte compositions attempted at the Refusal sessions that never saw light of day either ("Teresa, Teresa," "I'm Looking Forward To Going Back," "I Was Bully (Do Not Forget Me)," and "When I Was Young") - unless, on the off chance, some of the lyrics have been recycled elsewhere.

The only exception to the rule I can think of, Jamie, is It's Hard To Walk Tall. For what it's worth, there was a studio version of I'm Playing Easy To Get recorded but obviously it was never released.

I still vote for a new swords type comp. it won’t help current sales of lihs but take the extra songs from world peace and mix them with the supposed eight from lihs and you’d have something people would buy and no extra recording necessary. I don’t know what’s up with the rights to the world peace songs but I thought it was mentioned at the time that he owned the recordings

Was hard to get WPINOY DLX?
I only saw, here in Mexico, the 2cd edition.
I hope something like Swords or Bona Drag.
Or idk, what happened with reissue of World Peace? I saw some people saying which would include in DVD the concert in Mexico.

Back
Top Bottom